Search

BA to AA connection at BNA

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
BA to AA connection at BNA

My mother is visiting me this week. She’s taking the BA flight in CW then connecting to AA in F with a two hour window. She’s 75 but fully abled and I have never connected there before. Is this enough time?
Old May 13, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Shouldnt be an issue. BNA isnt that big.

MCT is 1:30 as well.
enviroian and 1readyset2go like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:53 pm

Sounds like plenty of time, but be proactive if the flight is delayed more than 30 minutes. AA staff at airports that don't see a lot of connections can get confused when dealing with missed connections.
enviroian likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BNA is kind of a teeny tiny hub for AA, no?
Old May 14, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It's an AA destination with service to hubs to my understanding. It is a mini hub for Southwest.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
the only non-hub flight AA operates is a seasonal CUN service.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know if BA has a Terrace Lounge there?
Old May 14, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know if BA has a Terrace Lounge there?
Nope. There's an Admirals Club she can use.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Nope. There's an Admirals Club she can use.
Wow I had no idea and just assumed there would be no AC there.

Thanks
Old May 14, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Aliquot
Sounds like plenty of time, but be proactive if the flight is delayed more than 30 minutes. AA staff at airports that don't see a lot of connections can get confused when dealing with missed connections.
Yea, my experience has been exactly the opposite.

At a large hub with tons of int'l arrivals you can get lost in the mix. At a smaller airport with one int'l arrival the AA agents will be well aware of any connecting issues. BNA has a sizable AA operation, we're not talking about an Eagle outstation with 3 daily flights.

Over the years I've been on LHR-RDU countless times, the one or two times it was delayed there were several AA agents meeting the flight helping misconnect pax with new boarding passes, etc. With only one flight they know exactly who will have issues and have ~8 hours to plan and rebook accordingly.
ijgordon and GTITAN like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There will be very, very few passengers with connections at BNA, other than those coming off OP's mother's flight. On the off-chance that she misconnects, it would be good to arm her with the flight numbers and timing of the next flights to her AA destination. Not that an agent cannot figure this out, but it is simply easier to ask.

If she misconnects and the F cabin is full on the next flight, she will need to make a decision as to whether she waits for a flight with an F seat or takes the next flight in Y.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Your mom will arrive in the small international area on A concourse. They have developed a way to transfer into the terminal after customs. She will need to walk to the C concourse, which will not require her to go out of the secure terminal area once she has cleared customs and security in the small international arrival facility.

The AA gates are on the right side of terminal C and not very far down.

So, this is a bit of a walk, but not too bad. The BA flight is often the only international arrival (outside of some seasonal Delta and AA Saturday flights from Cancun) so the entire arrival facility is often dedicated to the BA arrival.

Annoyingly, there is noinformation on the BNA official website describing this process.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
There will be very, very few passengers with connections at BNA, other than those coming off OP's mother's flight. On the off-chance that she misconnects, it would be good to arm her with the flight numbers and timing of the next flights to her AA destination. Not that an agent cannot figure this out, but it is simply easier to ask.

If she misconnects and the F cabin is full on the next flight, she will need to make a decision as to whether she waits for a flight with an F seat or takes the next flight in Y.
She's connecting onto AA 2675 that leaves BNA at 1924. I'll check and see if that is the last flight of the night and arm myself with info as you suggest. She's no flying kettle but probably hasn't connected in an airport in 30 years plus.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Looks as though that is likely the last flight out to DFW, with nothing better to SFO.

As it is an EU departure, if she misconnects, BA will be responsible for a duty of care to include hotel and meals, no matter the reason for the delay. You might want to provide her some options which include a shuttle in the event that there is nobody around from BA to help her. She would then keep the receipts and submit them for reimbursement.
enviroian likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Often1
Looks as though that is likely the last flight out to DFW, with nothing better to SFO.

As it is an EU departure, if she misconnects, BA will be responsible for a duty of care to include hotel and meals, no matter the reason for the delay. You might want to provide her some options which include a shuttle in the event that there is nobody around from BA to help her. She would then keep the receipts and submit them for reimbursement.
I assumed OP's mother was flying LHR-BNA-DFW -- what does SFO have to do with this?
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.