Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
If you get processed into F/J, you are in the wrong inventory category to do a same-day flight change, and you actually (usually) have to call to be moved into the E bucket.

YMMV, but SDFC only usually works original class of service to original class of service. I have been upgraded on both flights, but it's not the norm.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EP
Agents aren't suppose to put u on standby list.

Originally Posted by crazcarl
The earlier flight I want to get on the standby list is not showing up online (seats are available and it meets the other requirements). I called and asked on twitter for them to do it for me and was denied in both ways saying it had to be done at the airport.

Is this new maybe?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Agents aren't suppose to put u on standby list.
I don't understand. Reading this thread everyone is saying that the website never works and call or use twitter. Are they referencing something other than being put on the standby list (like a confirmed change)?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Kreative03
...and you actually (usually) have to call to be moved into the E bucket.
Which I'm convinced doesn't exist.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:20 pm

Does a mileage upgrade award already applied to Y ticket allow you to be eligible for same day standby in J? Or still the same situation as stickers/complimentary upgrades?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I don't understand. Reading this thread everyone is saying that the website never works and call or use twitter. Are they referencing something other than being put on the standby list (like a confirmed change)?
Yeah, they're talking about same day flight changes. The wiki above talks about the differences.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
This thread is for confirmed change (at least I thought it was...).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:48 am

Ok thanks guys.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Time traveller
How long has AA allowed SDC in First? I remember calling several times in the past and being told it is only for economy class.

I have used SDC changes to my United itinerary in F, but always thought it would be nice if it was available on AA as well.
Started flying AA back in October. They've allowed them since that point at least.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I was able to SDC with a booking in First during 2015.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I keep receiving a message "Our system is having trouble." when I try to make a SDC on the website.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
Question

Doing a quick Y milesaver to NRT. AA scheduled me Friday evening from MIA-DFW, and then a Saturday DFW-NRT flight. Am I allowed to do a same day CFC (or standby) on the MIA-DFW segment so that I can get to DFW earlier?
Old May 10, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by jmr50
I keep receiving a message "Our system is having trouble." when I try to make a SDC on the website.
I ALWAYS* receive that message. The Twitter team can make the change.

*Ok, not every time, but enough that I rarely even try to do it myself anymore.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold
SDFC for later flight

Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice on how to do SDFC for later flights? Is it possible to request SDFC for later flights using twitter or calling in or does it have to be done at the airport? I've never been able to do SDFC using AA.com so I consider that as out of the question.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by kalbear
Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice on how to do SDFC for later flights? Is it possible to request SDFC for later flights using twitter or calling in or does it have to be done at the airport? I've never been able to do SDFC using AA.com so I consider that as out of the question.

Thanks!
I don't believe it would be feasible to SDFC via Twitter if it requires a charge to be collected.

The SDFC function has largely been automated and most SDFC offers that reservations representatives or airport agents can provide are the same ones that AA.com will offer, so it's unlikely that they would be able to offer anything more if the website doesn't turn up any options.

If available, it's the same as using SDFC to an earlier flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.