Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by enviroian
I agree travel is tougher today since we as consumers have far fewer options. The old day are long gone I get it, but come on AA...you market a benefit and it's pretty much useless. Is there a particular fare bucket that SDC pulls from? I have no idea why AA doesn't make this benefit actually useful like UA does. Does anyone know if DL has a good SDC feature?
Actually DL by fare has what most consider the best. FC just requires a seat be available, coach requires same fare class be available. However in both cases you can change routings. (Just no connection to non-stop) While technically should co.ply with fare routing rules, most agents will route you however you want within reason. Also top level elites - DMs can make co-terminal changes. You can change to any flight once 24hrs from your original flight.

As for AA coach requires that both E and your original fare class be available and no routing changes. First requires your fare class and no routing changes. Plus the new flight needs to be less then 24hrs away.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Is it because I'm not technically at the 24 mark yet from my departure tomorrow? I hope so because if it' s not it's a total scam.
I'm not really clear on why you bother trying something that isn't supposed to work, complain that it's not working, then call it a technicality that it shouldn't be working.

Try again when it's actually supposed to be available.

I'd advise against DL - I can't check in for my Monday flight with them - another scam due to the technicality of 24 hours in advance....
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL GM, AS MVP75K
System Specs

Originally Posted by RogerD408
But my point is just because the benefit does not work for the one route you want they need to change the program. I'm sure if we could get the specs from the system we'd find many more gain with the program the way it is. Too many people keep the blinders too tight and don't consider what others need/use.
The only explanation that makes sense for them to be so restrictive about it goes back to what the senior agent told me: AA doesn't want to pay [whatever entity] processes/QC their ticket changes, so they only want to do "revalidations" which require the same routing [and no skipping to do a nonstop].

Airport agents can utilize the "wrong coupon" to substitute a different connect point, i.e. DEN-ORD-LGA can have DFW substituted for ORD, but the outside system can't do that without issuing a new ticket.

Until someone comes up with plausible system "specs" that say otherwise - this remains the only explanation that makes any sense.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EP
Wow. U call it a scam and don't know how it works. It really isn't a scam but there are rules. Take a look at .com on what flights are eligible and to answer ur question, E class would need to be available for a revenue ticket.

And nite tgat sdfc can sometimes be difficult on popular routes that are basically booked full. At 24 hours out. I think there usually has robbed anywhere from 3-5 seats available in Y for an E seat to pop up. And if there is a sniff of weather/irrops, then it is almost impossible to find a SDFC.

I agree travel is tougher today since we as consumers have far fewer options. The old day are long gone I get it, but come on AA...you market a benefit and it's pretty much useless. Is there a particular fare bucket that SDC pulls from? I have no idea why AA doesn't make this benefit actually useful like UA does. Does anyone know if DL has a good SDC feature?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Also, as mentioned before, I wouldn't even bother with the website - never pulls up anything for me despite there being plenty of E. Call in or use the Twitter team.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
same day standby

Hi,

I am flying LAS-LAX at 10:20 am and I would like to catch an earlier flight, as I have an unprotected international transfer on UA at LAX.

Can I ask for a free same-day standby? I am a OWE, but the class of the ticket is Q. Is this considered basic economy?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yes as OWE you qualify for free SDFC. Q is standard discounted coach bucket.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by flyerCO
As for AA coach requires that both E and your original fare class be available and no routing changes. First requires your fare class and no routing changes. Plus the new flight needs to be less then 24hrs away.
How long has AA allowed SDC in First? I remember calling several times in the past and being told it is only for economy class.

I have used SDC changes to my United itinerary in F, but always thought it would be nice if it was available on AA as well.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Today is the first time I've ever seen an option to do a same day change online! Logged in for my flight tomorrow and clicked on the link and it actually came up with an option to change to and there are 2 people in the itinerary! I've never seen an available flight online before. Did AA make some changes or is this just an anomaly?

If they have improved the system ^ to AA.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Ambassador (LT Titanium)
Upgrade + Same-day day flight change = Profit? (to merge SDFC)

Hey All - I just booked a flight and am considering if the follow scenario is possible:

1. Book cheapest flight of the day (ex. JFK/LAX 9pm)
2. Confirm an upgrade early enough to be considered for same-day flight change to the flight before (ex. JFK/LAX 8pm)
3. Call the EP desk and ask for confirmed same-day flight change and/or ask at 8pm flight gate to be placed on same-day standby list

I suppose the underlying questions here are:
-Does an upgrade follow the passenger on a same-day flight change?
-If there is no availability in J, would they process your same-day change back to Y?

Any insights/experiences are greatly appreciated!

-S2
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:41 am

I think you lose your complimentary upgrade if u make change on ur upgraded flight.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
You get put onto the upgrade list of the new flight after the sdfc.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
This is what happened to me (Looks like you go to Y and then put on the upgrade list):

Scenario 1:
DFW-SAT ~10am flight upgraded to first 3 days earlier.

SDFC to ~3pm, the night before.
There was space in first, but I was put in Y and put on the list for upgrades. I was upgraded at ~T-1 hour.

-------

Scenario 2:
DFW-SAT ~1pm flight upgraded to first 1 day earlier.

Walked up to counter at T-45 minutes for ~10am flight. I was given a first class seat.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:14 am

The earlier flight I want to get on the standby list is not showing up online (seats are available and it meets the other requirements). I called and asked on twitter for them to do it for me and was denied in both ways saying it had to be done at the airport.

Is this new maybe?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Ambassador (LT Titanium)
Originally Posted by cubuffaloes2004
You get put onto the upgrade list of the new flight after the sdfc.
Does Complimentary Upgrade vs Systemwide make a difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.