Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more DCA/JFK? (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
No more DCA/JFK? (merged threads)

Apologies in advance if I missed the memo somewhere (or my search through FlyerTalk threads came up erroneously empty) but I'm looking to book DCA/JFK in July and those flights seem to be no longer popping up on aa.com? Did that route get cancelled? Thanks for any insights...
Old May 13, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Temporarily. JFK is having runway/taxiway construction. They should resume later this year.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Apologies in advance if I missed the memo somewhere (or my search through FlyerTalk threads came up erroneously empty) but I'm looking to book DCA/JFK in July and those flights seem to be no longer popping up on aa.com? Did that route get cancelled? Thanks for any insights...
you can fly Delta as they seem to be less “affected” by JFK runway issues and are more committed to NYC.
LINDEGR, wrp96, GUWonder and 1 others like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Flights are scheduled to resume August 20, albeit at a reduced frequency.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
You could go LGA to DCA
Old May 27, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Did AA drop DCA-JFK for the summer?

From June 6 through August 19, all the DCA-JFK flights appear to be gone... except one flight a day on 7/3, 7/4, and 5 Saturdays.

Was this announced? Mistake?

The problem for me is I had a DCA-JFK-NRT (JL F) for July 30 and I just happened to notice that my booking's "name" changed to "DCA-ORF"... thankfully it caused me to do a double take: they have rebooked me into DCA-ORF-JFK (landing 3 hours *after* the JL flight leaves, lol).

I am not sure whether to wait and hold out for the restoration of DCA-JFK flights, or to rebook DCA-LGA//JFK-NRT, or DCA-ORD-NRT, instead. I would much prefer to fly through JFK. Seems strange to me that they'd pretty much drop the route for the summer considering how many TATL connecting passengers seem to be on the flights most of the time...
Old May 27, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Sure looks that way, doesn't it. Runway construction at JFK?
Old May 27, 2019, 4:55 pm

Reduced capacity due to runway construction. BWI - JFK is still operating though, if that's an option for you.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Runway construction is just a convenient excuse to not operate some JFK flights FWIW.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Ugh, thanks for the merge.

Delta is useless if I'm trying to check bags through to JL JFK-NRT (not to mention I'd have to pay for the flight).

The (one) BWI-JFK flight is too late to meet JL3.

Guess I'll probably do DCA-LGA at 6:59 a.m.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Ugh, thanks for the merge.

Delta is useless if I'm trying to check bags through to JL JFK-NRT (not to mention I'd have to pay for the flight).

The (one) BWI-JFK flight is too late to meet JL3.

Guess I'll probably do DCA-LGA at 6:59 a.m.
Yep-- I had to do DCA-LGA-LHR for this exact same reason...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
From June 6 through August 19, all the DCA-JFK flights appear to be gone... except one flight a day on 7/3, 7/4, and 5 Saturdays.
Just a heads-up for those scheduled to fly DCA-JFK after August 19th — it now appears those flights won't resume until September 4th. I was scheduled to fly DCA-JFK on August 27th but received an email notification this morning that I've been moved to DCA-LGA.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
DCA to JFK no longer scheduled

Wow - looks like DCA to JFK service has been eliminated - looking late August.

Was looking for flights to Europe via JFK - good availability for JFK to LHR in C class. But looks like AA has eliminated the flights. They were always full. I guess this is part of AA pull back from JFK. But AA still has 4x flights from JFK to LHR. And this should have nothing to due with the MAX, unless they are putting the 175's on previous MAX routes.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:42 pm

JFK is down a runway for several months so that necessitated some cuts. Perhaps that's the culprit.

RDU-JFK (for example) is down to 2x daily, but should come back to 4x in Nov/Dec.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dave_261
JFK is down a runway for several months so that necessitated some cuts. Perhaps that's the culprit.
Yup. JFK - DCA/BOS etc. have been cut for the summer for this reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.