AA schedule changes for August flight

Old May 12, 19, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

AA schedule changes for August flight

TLDR: Is the August schedule set in stone, or could it change?

I’ve just noticed some schedule changes for an August booking around August 12th. The new timings have misconnects and don’t work.

Should I get everything re-organised and rebooked now?

Or should I wait as it’s likely there will be more changes soon? I’d prefer to do everything once only.

Thank you.
Old May 12, 19, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
If it were me, if there is a schedule and a routing that I like, I'd call and make the change. If there's nothing I'm wild about I'd wait and maybe something I like better will open up.

Does your new schedule actually violate minimum connection time? Or is it just cutting it closer than you're comfortable with?
Old May 12, 19, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The schedule could change again. But, if it doesn't and that is left are lousy reroutes because you waited, what will you do then?

If you provide the specifics, you may get some great information here.
Old May 13, 19, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Usually schedule changes stop happening within about a month of the flight.
Old May 13, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
In my experience, usually 'big' changes would occur about now, and only small changes (if any) will occur in the month or two before.

In fact, I had a big schedule change this last weekend too. I bought this crazy cheap ticket with a return that was HNL-LAX-LAS-DFW-SWO, all three layovers with about 1 hour connection times. AA's change this last weekend was to extend the LAS layover to a full 6 hours, changing my arrival time in SWO about 6 hours later than originally booked.

I was happy to call and get it changed to a HNL-PHX-DFW-SWO flight, getting in 4 hours earlier than originally booked. I still couldn't get the preferred HNL-DFW-SWO flight though because the layover is too long at over 4 hours (though, AA seemed fine giving me 6 hours in LAS??), so I am stuck with the ridiculousness of a second layover (though, with the HNL-PHX and PHX-DFW flights only about an hour apart and both on a 757, I wonder if it is the same plane).

Oh well, my gamble paid off in that my dreaded return flight is not nearly so bad. I'd be surprised if anything between now and then gets shifted more than 30 minutes in any direction.
Old May 13, 19, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Davidjonesk View Post
TLDR: Is the August schedule set in stone, or could it change?

I’ve just noticed some schedule changes for an August booking around August 12th. The new timings have misconnects and don’t work.

Should I get everything re-organised and rebooked now?

Or should I wait as it’s likely there will be more changes soon? I’d prefer to do everything once only.

Thank you.
Irrespective of the likelihood (or not) for future schedule changes, the longer you wait to address it, the less options you are likely to have...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: