Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA just unloaded the snack basket into carryon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 2:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp

just watched the FA in Y unload the F snack basket into her carry on and load a few liters of water in it too.

Didn't I just read where they fired some FA’s for the same thing?
Old May 10, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SJWarrior
just watched the FA in Y unload the F snack basket into her carry on and load a few liters of water in it too.

Obviously someone reported THOSE FAs
Old May 10, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SJWarrior

Is there any relevance that the FA in Y did this, as opposed to any other more premium cabin FA?

I recall once seeing an FA perform Jesus-like miracles, as he turned Crystal Geyser into Vodka (by emptying the minis from the cart into what was a bottle of Crystal Geyser).
Old May 10, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
CX said they will discipline FAs (including termination and according to the company some FAs are already fired) for taking service items form aircraft. According to the company such actions is commonly and widely done among FAs at CX and costing the company large amount, the company said it is not like one FA taking a fork from aircraft, it is far more than that the company claims.

I seen on AA flights when sitting in F FA putting galley items in their bags before landing, such as snacks, bottle drinks, etc. Wonder how strict is a policy at AA for FAs not taking any service items off aircraft for their own use.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why tell us? If you want to report the FA, snap a few photos and report the FA to AA. If you don't, why mention it?
Icydubloon likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
Why tell us? If you want to report the FA, snap a few photos and report the FA to AA. If you don't, why mention it?
Why alert AA at all? I wouldnt as long as its at the end of the flight and no one was turned away and told sorry none left. Now if I saw the FA stashing it waiting for the end of the flight to put it in their bag that would be something else. Heck we also arent suppose to taking food or drink off the flight, especially the beer,wine or scotch etc
nancypants likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:25 pm

There have been stories about crashpads fully stocked with minis, for probably as long as there have been airlines.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Who cares.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Mother said: "You've got enough of your own business to mind without minding everyone else's."

Happy Mothers Day everyone.
BearX220, stc, Daze and 13 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by craz
Why alert AA at all? I wouldnt as long as its at the end of the flight and no one was turned away and told sorry none left. Now if I saw the FA stashing it waiting for the end of the flight to put it in their bag that would be something else. Heck we also arent suppose to taking food or drink off the flight, especially the beer,wine or scotch etc
Yeah, just screw pax on the next flight if the galley was double catered. I’ve been on too many flights where in F we were told meager booze offerings as last flight was a shuttle and the liquor cart is almost empty in both cabins. And beef jerky was too expensive to keep in the basket... because FAs inflated catering costs perhaps?

I don’t begrudge anyone stashing one or items from onboard snack basket or the lounge... but emptying the entire basket. Just ... NO.
ksucats likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Fake news.

Let the FAs and other pax take what they want. It all gets tossed anyway.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by craz
Heck we also arent suppose to taking food or drink off the flight, especially the beer,wine or scotch etc
huh ? When did that become a rule (that I plan to ignore) ?
Old May 10, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
yes if it is mothers day/weekend let the Lady FAs take what they want. Its a crappy job since the non-rev piece became worse.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Be cool bro, its for a party here in the back.
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp
You can see who has the morals here lol. Actually you can tell who here owns the businesses, and who thinks the world owes them. I know it’s a big company and they get paid well. But no one kidnapped and forced them to take the job. So what? Make you own benefits? Realign your compensation structure? You don’t like your job or your pay, then quit. Don’t steal.

grab a couple things, fine. It’s pilfering, Empty the plane and your a thief. Where does it end. Stuff on eBay? Selling non rev buddy passes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.