Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Award Booking / Search / Calendar on aa.com 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum

Has anyone else noticed that the award booking engine on AA was quite different today for several hours? It appears to have changed back so maybe they deployed it prematurely.

Looked quite similar to paid bookings where you could switch between days and sort by price, departure, arrival etc.

What are y'alls thoughts??
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 8, 2019 at 1:53 pm Reason: Moderator added screen shot
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean like this? https://www.aa.com/booking/find-flights/award

Premium economy award redemption as of 24 Jan 2019
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Yes, sorry I was having difficulty including a screen grab.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:58 pm

The link in post#2 is to the 'new' page for award searches that include PE awards. It is quite likely that it temporarily replaced the regular page, as part of their testing. Presumably it will soon permanently replace the old page. But meanwhile it can be reached though that direct link in post#2.

Loss of the old page will cause some loss of functionality.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
Question Aa miles for ba flights

I could not find with the new interface any partner flights - checked every month forward.
is there any glitch?
Has the 57.5 for BA from lax-lhr dead ?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
I received inconsistent results with the two interfaces. The new one shows me a 57.5K Y/J flight MIA-LHR-CDG on June 1, but the old interface does not show that flight. It appears in EF when searching BA awards.

Tried to move through a dummy booking and got to last page.

Guess it's worth searching both for now.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
New AA Award Flight Search Tool/Link

Just saw a message from AA for a new link for searching award tickets - https://www.aa.com/booking/find-flights/award . This new link should allow for premium economy searches, according to the info.

The previous link still seems to function too (https://www.aa.com/booking/find-flights)

It's a bit nicer - shows combined business and first availability, but what I find the most disheartening is that it still does not immediately show mixed cabin itineraries. It makes absolutely no mention of if unless you click details.

What is nice is that it does show the taxes for each selection, AND there is a "new search" button at the top of every page - welcomed additions (for me at least).

I'm also seeing different results when searching at the different links.
For example, looking at MLE-LHR, the old link shows Etihad and lots of double connection routes. The new one does not show any etiahd results and only 3 double connection routes (for the date I picked).
rmc1 and fotographer like this.

Last edited by BThumme; May 10, 2019 at 7:33 am
Old May 10, 2019, 8:28 am

I tried this but regardless which tool I use I am getting sent here https://www.aa.com/reservation/error/system-trouble after skipping seat selection. I've been trying to book an award on an AS flight but if this persists I'll have to call in and hope the wait isn't too long and they don't try to charge a fee as I have no status.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Gold
I've tried the new tool---it still needs quite a bit of work. Not able to sort by total travel time, but at least you can sort by number of stops.
My main complaint is that there is no ability to filter for airline. When I am booking award tickets to Europe, for example, I want to eliminate BA.
On the existing tool I can do this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
This tool has been live since PE awards became available.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Wanted to chime in to say that this tool shows availability that I don't see on the older award search tool. In particular, when looking for Business/First saaver awards between NYC and HNL, I was only able to find itineraries with both legs (NYC-LAX, LAX-HNL) on the newer A321 via the new tool. The old tool would only ever show one leg on an A321, with the other invariably listed as an A319.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
AA's new award search is live

I'm not sure if this happened earlier for others, but the last few days I've been keeping an eye on awards for upcoming vacation to Tokyo. After running a few searches today, the website all of a sudden changed to the new style search (that was in beta previous). TBH, I find it much harder to quickly look up award space via calendar and to find sAAver space, especially with the calendar. It's trying too hard to be web2.0 pretty and was much easier to scan results previously. Thoughts?

EDIT: interestingly, I just ran another search and got the old site again. Might still be propagating to all the servers.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Mine also switched to the new site.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
This isn't that new - the "new" (and less useful) interface has been around since at least early 2019. It switches back and forth.

Here's one existing thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...d-booking.html

And another: Using the new and old award search on AA
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Does this explain why the award search for me does not work? No matter what I do, clear cookies, use different browsers last 2 days all I get is a picture of a plane taking off with the statement 'This page has flown'.

This ceased to be funny after the first 2 failed attempts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.