Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tablets on International Plane / Domestic Route?

Old May 9, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond

I'll be flying JFK-MIA-JFK on an internationally configured plane. Do they hand out tablets for customers in the premium cabin like they do on international flights, or is it strictly BYOD? I always travel light and don't want to lug my own tablet on the trip. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by vatraveler
I'll be flying JFK-MIA-JFK on an internationally configured plane. Do they hand out tablets for customers in the premium cabin like they do on international flights, or is it strictly BYOD? I always travel light and don't want to lug my own tablet on the trip. Thanks.
No, no tablets on normal domestic routes like JFK-MIA that just happen to be operated by international config'd aircraft.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No, no tablets on normal domestic routes like JFK-MIA that just happen to be operated by international config'd aircraft.
Thank you. I figured/feared that might be the case.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Thank you. I figured/feared that might be the case.
While it's not much consolation, the very near future the often-maligned 767 birds that lack seat-back IFE will soon be taking their final flights with the majority vanishing this year and the rest next.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:54 am

To be replaced by what though, on these routes?
Old May 10, 2019, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
AA has 40+ more 787s on order (excluding the original batch they ordered and have now)
Old May 10, 2019, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
For now AA has put 772s on some of the MIA/JFK routes (with one 763 turn). MIA/DFW sees a fair number of 772s. MIA/ORD is all back to 321 and 738. In the future I would assume these routes (and other trunk/major routes) will be combination of 772/788/789 for a/c utilization and repositioning purposes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.