Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

(DYKWIA Passenger claims) Unpublished Concierge Key Perk

Old May 8, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Hertz PresCir

So the other day I boarded a flight on a CRJ-700. My go-to seat on that plane is 8A, which is the first coach row after First Class. Because of the transition from the 1:2 First to 2:2 coach there is not a seat in front of 8B, and thus no under-seat storage space. I get to my seat, and find that the gentleman in 8B has completely filled the storage space in front of my seat. I put my stuff in the bin and then told him that he'd put his stuff in my spot. The first words out of his mouth were, "I'm a Concierge Key. Do you know what that means?" A tirade followed, the gist of which was that he could put his stuff in any spot on the aircraft he felt like putting it. Called me a jerk for, I guess, having had the audacity to say something to him.

Can any CK confirm whether this is, in fact, a benefit of your status?

Would have put this in the DYKWIA thread but it looks like it got locked for some reason.
Old May 8, 19, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Check View Post
So the other day I boarded a flight on a CRJ-700. My go-to seat on that plane is 8A, which is the first coach row after First Class. Because of the transition from the 1:2 First to 2:2 coach there is not a seat in front of 8B, and thus no under-seat storage space. I get to my seat, and find that the gentleman in 8B has completely filled the storage space in front of my seat. I put my stuff in the bin and then told him that he'd put his stuff in my spot. The first words out of his mouth were, "I'm a Concierge Key. Do you know what that means?" A tirade followed, the gist of which was that he could put his stuff in any spot on the aircraft he felt like putting it. Called me a jerk for, I guess, having had the audacity to say something to him.

Would have put this in the DYKWIA thread but it looks like it got locked for some reason.
So, you are asking if there is a benefit of CK that allows someone to be rude? Not sure if you are genuinely asking (because you took time out of your day to complain on FT) or if you are wanting to vent that someone took "your" storage space?
Old May 8, 19, 8:21 am

The direct and simple answer is no.
SFO777, HMPS and Often1 like this.
Old May 8, 19, 8:22 am
Suspended

c'mon
Fraser and george 3 like this.
Old May 8, 19, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would have immediately asked the FA to summons the GA. I then would have the GA explain to this moron that the a/c is shared space for stowage. He could then argue with the GA (and maybe get thrown off the a/c) or be made a fool of. If he's that important he can fly private.
JDiver, Exec_Plat, trooper and 2 others like this.
Old May 8, 19, 8:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by hotintx View Post
... wanting to vent that someone took "your" storage space?
You seem to be saying that the space in front of 8A does not belong to the person in 8A? There is no seat in front of 8B, so therefore no underseat storage. How would you like it if someone put their stuff under the seat in front of you?
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old May 8, 19, 8:28 am

Sure woulda been a shame if turbulence had caused you to lurch forward and spill that whole glass of tomato juice you were drinking. Whoops.
Old May 8, 19, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Haven't you seen the published list of CK benefits:

- You may call other passengers "jerks" to their face.
- When instructed by the cabin crew to place your carry on either in the OH or under the seat in front of you, you may disregard that crewmember instruction and place your carryon elsewhere.

Engaging people such as this is fruitless. FA's can help here and few would tolerate any back talk as the placement specifically violates AA's safety & security policy, e.g. OH or seat in front and if no seat in front, everything goes in the OH.
ebuck, _kurt, nancypants and 2 others like this.
Old May 8, 19, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If an AA employee is asked to referee a dispute between two passengers, I'd be concerned that the CK would win. It could be worse if the CK flew often from that airport, even if they're aware that he's a jerk.
nancypants and Smrtmom1 like this.
Old May 8, 19, 9:11 am

"I don't care. Move your sh--"
Old May 8, 19, 9:12 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Wait! He is a CK sitting in 8A? Among the great unwashed??
Old May 8, 19, 9:20 am

The first words out of his mouth were, "I'm a Concierge Key. Do you know what that means?"
No. Is that a fancy term for "jerk"?
Old May 8, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I think it means.. the rest of you are beneath me...
Old May 8, 19, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
"I'm a Concierge Key. Do you know what that means?"
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
No. Is that a fancy term for "jerk"?
I may have asked if they could then please make me a reservation for tomorrow at some fancy restaurant that normally has a 3 month waiting list. Isn't that what they do??

https://www.contentedtraveller.com/t...les-clefs-dor/
Old May 8, 19, 9:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance, AmEx Platinum, AmEx Gold, Bonvoy, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton,
Really, just call a Flight Attendant in any sort of altercation turns rude or crude. They will take care of the situation with grace and sternness.
And you can sit back and enjoy witnessing a bragging buffoon swallow a spoonful of humility.
uanj, muji and Smrtmom1 like this.

Search this Thread