Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Honeymooners Seeking Advice (award MCK-BCN)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymooners Seeking Advice (award MCK-BCN)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold
WE were not able to book on renfe until about 60 days prior to travel. We did high speed train BCN to MAD in first class for about $100 pp. Great value-included meals, drinks and access to lounge in BCN.
railmatt likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for all of the tips! I'll be sure to try everything that has been suggested once booking opens for my outbound flight in a couple weeks!
Old May 6, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Originally Posted by AA_ORDlady
WE were not able to book on renfe until about 60 days prior to travel. We did high speed train BCN to MAD in first class for about $100 pp. Great value-included meals, drinks and access to lounge in BCN.
I went for San fermin and was worried about train tickets being available A good TA can secure tix 180 days in advance.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Iberia also has a SJU-MAD flight, and business availability is generally much better on that flight than on flights from the US mainland. Of course, you'd have to get to SJU, which would require at least two flights from MCO.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just DON’T buy your train tickets thriugh Rail Europe. They don’t show the discount tickets like advanced purchase, etc. Use the Renfe site direct, or better yet: “The quickest & easiest way to buy Spanish train tickets is at www.loco2.com with cheap advance-purchase fares & print-at-home or collect-at-station tickets. You can choose to pay in €, £ or $. “

The Man in Seat 61 beginner’s guide to rail Travel in Spain: https://www.seat61.com/Spain-trains....kets_for_Spain
teemuflyer and worldiswide like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.