Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW Terminal E Satellite - Open 3 May 2019: 15 gates, Club to come

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
DFW Terminal E Satellite open 3 May 2019

Fifteen new AA gates are in the newly opened Terminal E Satellite. It’s an extension of Terminal E, a small terminal building jutting out into the airfield on DFW’s east side. Travelers connecting to a flight at the satellite terminal must use an underground walkway, which is about 500 feet long but features moving sidewalks.

The entrance to the Terminal E Satellite is near gate E21.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/b...#storylink=cpy

About 100 daily flights, mostly operated by Envoy linking DFW with regional American Eagle destinations such as Evansville, Ind., Harlingen and McAllen.

An Admirals Club is to open by the end of the year.

Concessions include a Dickey’s Barbecue Pit; a Whataburger is scheduled to in late May.

This will be an intermediate term solution while the new Terminal F, serving American and other airlines, is built; that is expected to take several years.
Print Wikipost

DFW Terminal E Satellite - Open 3 May 2019: 15 gates, Club to come

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Dickies.....sigh....

Put a Rudy's there and then you will really make my connections screwed up.
Always fascinating to see what makes other people tick. As someone who has lived in Texas much of my adult life, and who quite enjoys BBQ, I'm not sure that Rudy's would even make into my top 25

Regards
itchief and boerne like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by scubadu
Always fascinating to see what makes other people tick. As someone who has lived in Texas much of my adult life, and who quite enjoys BBQ, I'm not sure that Rudy's would even make into my top 25

Regards
Ditto. Lol.

Although, I remember after moving to TX, from MN, and laughing about how my peeps back in MN were in heaven when Dickey's opened up there. They thought it was amazing BBQ, and I thought....if they only knew. I guess that's what happens when you have nothing else besides Famous Dave's, for decades. That said, I put Rudy's about a half step above Dickey's. Now, I do enjoy Rudy's breakfast tacos.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Dickies.....sigh....

Put a Rudy's there and then you will really make my connections screwed up.
I doubt that the airport would allow a fire pit/ smoker on premise, a la Rudy's

Now, they could consider their sister brand, Mighty Fine Burgers, which IMHO, are quite fine indeed.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Dickies and Whataburger are upgraded? I mean, they're better than McDonalds/Burger King, but far from "upgraded" IMO.
Anyone thinking Dickies passes as barbecue gets what they deserve.

Regards

Amen on that.

Originally Posted by genotonda
That said, I put Rudy's about a half step above Dickey's. Now, I do enjoy Rudy's breakfast tacos.

This right here is the final conclusion.
JDiver and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:00 am
sqw

Programs: AA CK, National VIP, Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond & MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by flightrisk
I assume it will occupy the space formerly used as a Sky Club and United Club. It's on the middle level below the gates.
This is the case, just checked it out and when you come up the escalators to the middle level there is a sliding door entrance to the left of the escalator going up to main level with an Admirals Club coming soon sign in front of it.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:25 am

Nice to see another AA lounge at DFW. It would be nicer if AA can move E34-38 to near the tunnel, like E20-32.
ksucats likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt

Regards
I can name a dozen places that beats rudys, but if I want something consistent or where that I don't have to arrive at 11:15 am only to find the line 20 deep already, they are a consistent go-to.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
The DFW website map has been updated to show the new satellite terminal.

https://www.dfwairport.com/map/index.php
Heaven forsakes the passenger who has to go from B39 to E23B. Jet bridge, terminal, underground walkway, terminal, airtrain, terminal, underground walkway, terminal, jet bridge.
wrp96 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Gold
I can name a dozen places that beats rudys, but if I want something consistent or where that I don't have to arrive at 11:15 am only to find the line 20 deep already, they are a consistent go-to.
exactly.. In DFW I’d put Panther City, PL, Hutchins, Meat U Anywhere, and Cattleack all ahead of Rudy’s...

But Rudy’s isn’t bad for chain ‘cue. I also love their desserts.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Heaven forsakes the passenger who has to go from B39 to E23B. Jet bridge, terminal, underground walkway, terminal, airtrain, terminal, underground walkway, terminal, jet bridge.
Be that as it may but really with Skylink DFW has to be one of the quickest and efficient connecting airports in the world.

I remember a few years ago having to connect in Frankfurt....OMG...what genius came up with that airport plan.
JDiver, controller1 and Antarius like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Anyone had a flight thru E satellite since it re-opened?
Old May 4, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I'll take that any day to old LAX.

Eagle flight hard stand. Bus to Eagles nest, walk, bus to T4, walk, bus to TBIT, wait, bus to remote TBIT gate.
JDiver, nismo240ssx, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by BOSishome

exactly.. In DFW I’d put Panther City, PL, Hutchins, Meat U Anywhere, and Cattleack all ahead of Rudy’s...

But Rudy’s isn’t bad for chain ‘cue. I also love their desserts.
Meat U Anywhere is my JAM. And there is a location right across from my work.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by george 3
Hmmmm Terminal F
Yeah, the local news was buzzing about that a few weeks ago. There was to be a bond vote that included this and capital improvements for Terminal C.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
B39 stinger doesn't have an underground walkway, just a walkway to the main terminal, but everything else you say is correct. What is minimum connection time at DFW and will it increase?

Do we know what Eagle flights will be based out of the E terminals, compared to what fly's out of B? Certain operating company or aircraft?

I have heard there are plans to turn some of the B gates back into mainline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.