Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad EY awards appearing on aa.com

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Etihad EY awards appearing on aa.com

J appearing also. And it isn't phantom...at least, I can select a flight and go to the next page where one enters names and etc.

Could be a transient late-night test, though.
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; May 2, 2019 at 10:27 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 12:43 am

Nice if it stays. Perhaps the cost of handling call volumes at SYD/SIN/etc centers finally outweighed just adding the functionality to .com?? 🤣
Old May 3, 2019, 5:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
While I am seeing EY and UL space on aa.com when doing mileage ticket searches, I am unable to get them to the stage mentioned by the OP.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Seems to be showing Y inventory but not J on several routes/times exUS that are bookable via the US Call center.

Not sure why some pull in and others don't.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by GUWonder
While I am seeing EY and UL space on aa.com when doing mileage ticket searches, I am unable to get them to the stage mentioned by the OP.
I was able to see an EY flight, select it, and put it on a 5 day hold (no seat selection though - "contact Etihad")

On request

Flights on other airlines are subject to confirmation and the response may take 24 hours or longer
I was also able to go back to it and progress all the way to the "Pay Now" button.

I was also able to see Business and First awards for about 70% of the days for +/- 2 weeks of a randomly selected late October date.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
delete

Last edited by Mr. Vker; May 3, 2019 at 5:17 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 9:58 am

According to this:

https://onemileatatime.com/book-etih...rican-website/

It appears that the AA online option only shows available that the American/US call center can see. So looks like calls to SYD may still be in order.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
More information here: https://onemileatatime.com/book-etih...rican-website/ Looks like there is still some inventory limitations and it might be best to call in still :/
Old May 3, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAdamE
More information here: https://onemileatatime.com/book-etih...rican-website/ Looks like there is still some inventory limitations and it might be best to call in still :/
But now, when you call in, the booking fee won't be waived.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I've had fees waived if they can provide something on the phone that's not available on the website.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Not quite yet:
Old May 4, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Considering the rumors of EY and other carriers (and alliances), interesting to see EY added to the self-service website. Of course, if EY makes a deal with another carrier, the EY inventory could disappear rather easily.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:38 pm

Just booked Etihad tickets on AA.com.
Thanks SeeBuyFly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.