Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK & FAQ: Gold and Platinum Status Challenge as of 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK & FAQ: Gold and Platinum Status Challenge as of 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by avhokie
Yeah, I figured that would be the case but didn't hurt to ask

I just called up to see if a customer service rep would know and they said that 1) they would not get that information before it was sent out to the targeted recipients and that 2) I could not start a Platinum challenge until March 1 because my existing Platinum status goes until Feb 28.
If they allow you to regain status with a Challenge, that would be both surprising and a very new wrinkle to the Challenge.

Originally Posted by danbrew
Boom! Just completed the challenge 16 days later.
Just as per the terms given in the Wiki. Congratulations! May you earn many miles and visit many lounges.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:04 pm

If anyone's looking for miles there's still J fare for DFW-HNL in Feb. $1622, $1561 EQD, 11,355 EQM. Return trip back to the mainland should fulfill the EQM, and possibly the EQD. 777-200 lie flat seats.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
At what time are the EQDs calculated? Time of ticket purchase or when the flight is taken? I already purchased an international J ticket but have not yet signed up for the challenge. If I get signed up for the challenge before the flight, will those EQDs count?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
At what time are the EQDs calculated? Time of ticket purchase or when the flight is taken? I already purchased an international J ticket but have not yet signed up for the challenge. If I get signed up for the challenge before the flight, will those EQDs count?
Everything -- including EQDs -- is awarded per segment after you fly it.

Also, just FYI, you do have the option to backdate the start of your challenge if needed, but only by 2 weeks 5 days (new rule!).

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Jan 24, 2017 at 2:14 pm Reason: corrected back date limit
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

Also, just FYI, you do have the option to backdate the start of your challenge if needed, but only by 2 weeks.
Excellent. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Also, just FYI, you do have the option to backdate the start of your challenge if needed, but only by 2 weeks.
I was under the impression it's not 2 weeks anymore.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:41 pm

From others' reports, reflected in the Wikipost, it seems like five days may be the new restriction.

"Q. When can I sign up for a Challenge? Can I backdate to include flown flights? How far out can I enroll?

Start dates are now anytime, not a particular date, and may be backdated as far five days (new policy - two weeks possible in 2016)."
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: MR, DL, MM, HH
I am planning to drop 8x $100 gift cards in March. Thinking about this challenge as I am out of CLT.

Do gift cards count toward the EQD? It's a pad ticket so they should I assume. Also, I'll be buying one for me and spouse. Do I get all the spending credited or just my part of the ticket?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You only get credit for your own ticket. Doesn't matter how it's paid, just that it's paid, and not award.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage
As a follow up, my wife started her travel on January 11th (LAS-LAX-NRT-CGK) and finished it yesterday (CGK-NRT-LAX). She requested a Platinum AAdvantage Challenge before she traveled, and at the time they were able to tell her that her trip would be sufficient to complete the challenge.

Her Platinum status was added to the web site as of today. It's good through 31 Jan 2018.

Regards,
Bill
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
One trip challenge?

My wife is traveling from PHL to PHX to LIH (hawaii) in march and flying back LIH to LAX to DFW to PHL. Ticket cost more than $1000. Her father paid for the ticket (family trip). Would this meet the challenge? It seems to be enough miles and enough dollars and it's a single trip. Can it really be that simple?
Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by uyman
My wife is traveling from PHL to PHX to LIH (hawaii) in march and flying back LIH to LAX to DFW to PHL. Ticket cost more than $1000. Her father paid for the ticket (family trip). Would this meet the challenge? It seems to be enough miles and enough dollars and it's a single trip. Can it really be that simple?
Thanks.
Maybe. Your routing provides 10,207 EQM.

The EQD depends on how much of the "more than $1,000" is actually Base fare and carrier imposed fees (subtract the taxes, airport and government fees, etc.)
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by JDiver
Maybe. Your routing provides 10,207 EQM.

The EQD depends on how much of the "more than $1,000" is actually Base fare and carrier imposed fees (subtract the taxes, airport and government fees, etc.)
Oh I see. Thanks so much again jdiver!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:26 pm

Will My flights make the status match?

Hi Everybody,

I have the following flight coming up next week

CBR-SYD-LAX-JFK-SFO-LAX-SYD-CBR (CBR-SYD legs with QF, the rest with AA) All in O class

Could anybody help me in determining if I would make the platinum status match?, I am pretty sure that I will make the EQM's but have no idea in regards to EQD's would somebody be able to tell me how much money the flight would have needed to cost?

Thankyou all kindly in advance
Regards
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by sonar671
Hi Everybody,

I have the following flight coming up next week

CBR-SYD-LAX-JFK-SFO-LAX-SYD-CBR (CBR-SYD legs with QF, the rest with AA) All in O class

Could anybody help me in determining if I would make the platinum status match?, I am pretty sure that I will make the EQM's but have no idea in regards to EQD's would somebody be able to tell me how much money the flight would have needed to cost?

Thankyou all kindly in advance
Regards
Input your trip in the Great Circle Mapper at http://gc.kls2.com; AA marketed Flights earn 1 EQM per mile flown, Qantas marketed flights earn 0.5 EQM in O - see here for EQM and EQD.

For EQD, Qantas you'll earn 5% of miles flown. For AA flights it may be tricky, as you need to know your base fare and carrier imposed charges (other taxes, airport fees, etc. don't count).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.