Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yep, someone definitely tripped over the web server's power cable.

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I can't log into my AAdvantage account, however, individual itineraries can be viewed and updated. I received an email reminder to select my coach meal selection for a Thursday ATL-PHX. Entering in my reservation code, my itinerary came up for full review/edit.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Yep, trying to do a mileage award and get the same message. Frustrating!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Yeah seems like the outage is tied to the loyalty accounts. You can book new reservations too by staying logged out and then typing your AAdvantage # in. You can update existing reservations only by searching the PNR directly, and not by using My Trips in either the website or app.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I've noticed that seat maps aren't available prior to selecting a flight. Had to book one today and blindly selected a flight based on time and was happy with open seats once I was at the stage to pick seats. Didn't want to start all over again for me a 2nd or 3rd choice.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Up now.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I've noticed that seat maps aren't available prior to selecting a flight. Had to book one today and blindly selected a flight based on time and was happy with open seats once I was at the stage to pick seats. Didn't want to start all over again for me a 2nd or 3rd choice.
This has been a problem for me for weeks. I think it is related to the 400 error.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:49 pm

Trying to book 4 award segments, DSM>HNL, HNL>BNE, BNE>HNL, HNL>DSM, all with legal connections and on AA or HA metal. AA.com is letting me pick flights, and lets me get to the passenger information screen, but as soon as I hit "Continue" is says "This Page has taken flight" and sends me back to the home page. Are my award seats phantom, or is this AA.com issues? Should I try calling?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by george 3
As of 253pm Eastern, same problem.
Looks like this has started back up again for me. Website is fine, booking tool is fine, but my AA account not loading, getting the "Our System is Having Trouble" error. Anyone else seeing this, too?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by BrianJ
Looks like this has started back up again for me. Website is fine, booking tool is fine, but my AA account not loading, getting the "Our System is Having Trouble" error. Anyone else seeing this, too?
Yep. Tried different browsers; same message.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:49 am

#metoo

App down, website down when trying to log in
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Looks like AA has taken notice.

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
For the past two days I've not been able to load seat maps for a couple flights I've been prospecting. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Originally Posted by econometrics

Yes. Been happening to me a lot for DFW-LHR returns in October that I’ve been watching to buy.

Exact problem I'm (still) having at the moment. Have been request to be my butt over to LHR for a round of meetings and I'm determined to use SWU's that are set to expire in January if possible. Guess I just better focus on using EF instead. Trying to stay off BA metal too.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Last edited by u600213; Nov 21, 2018 at 8:51 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Seeing the same thing. Ugh.

Notice

We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time.
Please try again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.