Political Survey About Qatar Airways

Closed Thread

Old Apr 27, 19, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Political Survey About Qatar Airways

Has anyone been called to take a political survey ( ? ) The caller starts out with a few questions about TRUMP / BETO / BIDEN / TRADE DEALS. Then comes the specific questions about Open Skies and QR. Gets more and more specific down to " did you know QR has purchased a large stake in an Italian airline to get around the agreement. " Did you know that they support terrorism. There were about 10 questions and then I told him , this is an airline survey and hung up.

A survey like this had to come from the airlines and the only one that had my number was AA.
Old Apr 27, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I would be very confident that AA did not give your number for this survey. I'd be surprised if a survey using politician names and talking about terrorism/Qatar was commissioned by the US3. Plus this sounds like a survey designed to influence, rather than collecting information.

It is interesting, however. I don't think the average American has ever heard of Qatar -- the airline or the country! Or know that Qatar hosts a large US military installation ....much less the nuances of ME issues involving Saudi, the UAE, and Qatar

An odd group of questions though. I'd guess it has to do with ME politics seeking to capitalize on the recent ad by the US3 regarding Air Italy.
Old Apr 27, 19, 2:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We will close this thread as there’s no substantiation for American Airlines involvement, it has little to do with AA directly and could be more appropriate for OMNI/PR.

Thank you,