Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 7:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question Best airline club @ DFW to hang out for 4 hours 5am-9am?

Have a long( ish) morning layover coming up at DFW. We are not members of any airline club so we will have to buy day passes. We are flying a redeye AA FC from Sea with a connection on a coach only American Eagle to Mexico.

Which terminal and club should we head to on our arrival at DFW?

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2007, 7:06 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
With 4 hours and a day pass why not check out SEVERAL clubs?

There is a thread (hint search) about the best club in DFW and each have their merit.

Term D is newest, has great west tarmac/runway views, a kids room...
Term A has the nicest showers (my opinion) and a normally quiet area formerly known as the Flagship...

Why not take the AC nearest your arrival gate for a shower .. then head to the one towards your departure gate...
Old May 22, 2007, 7:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Club opening hours and other details are here...

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...ortWorth.jhtml

...three open at 5:30 daily, but Terminal B location opens at 6:00, 7:00 or 8:00 depending on day of week.
Old May 22, 2007, 7:21 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
AA1212 (the SEA Redeye) gets in at 5:20am so the three clubs opening at 5:30am should be fine!

This morning AA1212 arrived at D37 tho tomorrow (and the next day) it is supposed to be in at D15 (unless it switches last minute like this morning). The Term D AC is at D23.
Old May 22, 2007, 9:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Avoid terminal B like the plague. On most days, you will find it locked until 9 AM with a bunch of delivered newspapers blocking the door... Great to snap a free NY Times, and go get your coffee elsewhere, though... :-)
Old May 22, 2007, 10:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Great to snap a free NY Times
This sound like stealing.
Old May 22, 2007, 5:07 pm

I really like the gym and the showers at terminal A. After a long flight from NRT, nothing hits the spot like a quick 3 mile run and a long shower to refresh before a domestic connection. D is also very nice, but generaly very crowded.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:07 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by halcyongolf
I really like the gym and the showers at terminal A.
I have long been a fan of the showers in DFW-A. However, some of them are starting to show their age. The controls are flaky and/or temperamental. The showers in DFW-D are almost as nice, much newer, and much less flaky to control.

I think I'm gonna be a fan of the D showers for awhile, just to see if I start to miss the torrential downpour shower heads in A.
Old May 23, 2007, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I have long been a fan of the showers in DFW-A. However, some of them are starting to show their age. The controls are flaky and/or temperamental. The showers in DFW-D are almost as nice, much newer, and much less flaky to control.

I think I'm gonna be a fan of the D showers for awhile, just to see if I start to miss the torrential downpour shower heads in A.

The controls are a bit flaky and I remember the first time I sued it, it took me about 5 minutes ot figure out how to get the damn shower to start up with hot water. However, the rain forrest-like jungle shower makes up for it IMHO.
Old May 23, 2007, 5:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I remember the first time I sued it,....
Sued it?
Old May 23, 2007, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Sued it?
As a lawyer, i like to sue anything that I can. Its lthe same as all the people trying to get miles for every little thing AA does "wrong"
Old Nov 13, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM
The controls are a bit flaky and I remember the first time I sued it, it took me about 5 minutes ot figure out how to get the damn shower to start up with hot water. However, the rain forrest-like jungle shower makes up for it IMHO.
I've had good showers, and I've had really good showers, with the rainforest head (some holiday in expresses have them), but seriously, I could NOT believe how awesome the showers in DFW A terminal were. People, you must try these! (I cringe thinking how much water I used in just a 10 minute shower.. you literally have to take two steps over to be out of the waterfall if you need to take a breath!)

I actually went to D AC first (redeye came into D, connection out of A), and the AAgent said the showers in D were full, but that I should go over to A because the showers were better. Man am I thankful for that!

Trevor
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:47 pm

DFW Admirals Clubs

I'll be visiting a DFW AC Tuesday and I was hoping to find out more about them. Is one AC in DFW better than the others? If so, would it be worth it to walk to the other terminal rather than going to the closest one? I'll have 2 hours and 25 minutes to wait for my next flight so I think it will probably be worth it to find the best club.

Also if anyone has opinions of ORD Admiral Clubs, I would like your input as I'll be going through ORD on my return flight. This will be my first time at any Admirals Club.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:03 pm

I think it's just a matter of opinion. Personally, I like the DFW Terminal D club the best, but mainly because it's the newest. Having said that, I don't think there are enough differences among the clubs to warrant anything other than using the one in the terminal from which your next flight is scheduled to depart.

Enjoy!
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:41 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Personally, I'm a fan of the B "service center" -- it's a heck of a lot quieter than the A/C/D clubs and you don't have to ask the bartender if you want a soda.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.