Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Old May 9, 07, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They all beat the terminal and your decision is mainly based on how much time you have in bothering to go to other ones vs. close to your departure gate.
Old May 9, 07, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
A is best for showers, D is best for plane-spotting and relaxing (and is nearest the good restaurants).
Old May 9, 07, 1:22 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
A is best for showers, D is best for plane-spotting and relaxing (and is nearest the good restaurants).

I really love D - awesome for takeoff and landing views -

I like B for coziness....
Old May 9, 07, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
D is my favorite followed by A, C, and B.
Old May 9, 07, 1:43 pm

Basically, unless you care about showering, running on a treadmill, or watching planes land, they are all about the same.

Last edited by dstan; Jul 31, 09 at 6:42 pm Reason: removed circular link post-merge
Old May 9, 07, 1:44 pm

Programs: OW Emerald/AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat,
Tons of threads on this, with several detailed posts so you can see what FTers say about their likes/dislikes of each, and make a call.

A has a mni-gym with very decent equipment if you need a quick workout.
A has the old "Flagship Lounge" area which is a quiet, peaceful, no-one-is-ever-there oasis at DFW like none other.
A has the best showers by far (the "personal car wash" as I call them--you'll see why when you see them, all jets & hoses everywhere, underneath the huge "rain" head).

D has the best views, and the restaurant options in terminal D, IMHO, are generally better.

The staff are no better/worse at one than another, as they seem to rotate around them all. You can easily get from one to another via Skylink in minutes, if you're doing an AAdmirals Club tour.
Old May 9, 07, 5:37 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I like all ACs at DFW, but prefer A then C then B then D.
Old May 9, 07, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by John Brock View Post
I am familiar with the ACs in Terminals A and D. I have not been in the ACs of Terminal B and C. My next flight (American Eagle) will land me in Terminal B.
I presume D is the best. How would you compare A, B, and C to D?
D,B,C&A tie
Old May 9, 07, 7:19 pm

I thought A by far beats D. More intimate, more plush, quieter, more comfortable. Great showers, much friendlier staff (although that may have been b/c it was empty whereas I just went to D for the last bit before my peak-hour intl departure). I haven't been to B and C.
Old May 9, 07, 7:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
D, A, the others - and for the best views, just ride around on Skylink.

This new thread has now been joined to the original, for future members using Search. Thank you for continuing your contributions here.
Old May 9, 07, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
Terminal D has the nicest AC but is also busiest! I opt for Terminal A.
Old May 9, 07, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I like the AC in the terminal from which I am departing best.
Old May 9, 07, 9:11 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by aa4ever View Post
... much friendlier staff ...
Luck of the draw. AFAIK all the staff members work at any or all of the clubs, as needed.

If I've got time to kill in DFW, during taxi-in I'll call the AC and ask 'em where my favorite staffers are working today, and will sometimes choose a club based on this.
Old May 10, 07, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy View Post
If I've got time to kill in DFW, during taxi-in I'll call the AC and ask 'em where my favorite staffers are working today, and will sometimes choose a club based on this.
No wonder the lines are occasionally long at the AC. The staff are preoccupied with these very important phone calls.
Old May 10, 07, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
I vote for A. Though D is new and nice, A was built in the glory days of profits and it shows. More plush, better showers, the gym.

D shows the cost cutting efforts in some ways. Less Marble, cheaper finishes etc and the walls are already starting to show ware and tare.

That being said, all the clubs in DFW and AA in general are good. Try and RCC on UA and you'll appreciate any of the clubs for AA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: