Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Old Oct 18, 06, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL-Plat
Originally Posted by susiesan
As we leave Kansas City around noon and don't leave SFO on QF until 10:30pm we will be really, really hungry!! I'm going to need sustenance between those times. May check out some eateries in both dallas and SFO.
Susie
As a local, I think Terminal D offers the best and newest dining options, and has my favorite Admirals Club. There are three excellent Fort Worth/Dallas restaurants with outlets in Terminal D. Railhead BBQ is a Fort Worth staple and would certainly be the least expensive option. (Go for the sliced brisket sandwich with mustard and onions). Reata Grill is another Fort Worth restaurant that serves "Western Cuisine" -- chicken fried steak, tenderloin tamales, etc. The beef comes from the owner's ranch in Alpine. Cool River is a steak place from Irving. I've eaten at the main branches of all these restaurants many times, though I haven't tried the outlets in Terminal D.

The food in other terminals is basically food court, national chain -- McDonalds, Sbarro, etc.
Old Oct 23, 06, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Although I despise TX BBQ I do agree that Terminal D has the best food options but Termina A AC is still my favorite. I love the Reata and Cool River is ok. There's just SO many people in the Term D AC and the smoking area is very smoky where as the one in A has better air ventilation. It seems like it's always the same people in A as well so it feels more familar and cozy.

I have recently found out about the Wine tasting room thing in Termal D so that is goign to be my stop next time I'm through DFW

Look here for others who like DFA A AC - Celebrity Spotting

Last edited by skAAtinsteph; Oct 23, 06 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 4, 07, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, BAEC
Was in A last night and women at the AAdvantage desk were angels as well as those downstairs letting me take in 2 guests as a Plat on an international itinerary. Recently refurbed and cleaned to a very high standard. Haven't been in D for at least a year though so can't be sure, but A was marvelous.
Old Mar 9, 07, 11:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
What is considered the nicest AC @DFW?

Thought we would buy one day passes for our 4 hour morning layover.... wondering which AC is considered the most comfortable and "nicest". Terminal is irrelevant since we have plenty of time to get around.
Old Mar 9, 07, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
Thought we would buy one day passes for our 4 hour morning layover.... wondering which AC is considered the most comfortable and "nicest". Terminal is irrelevant since we have plenty of time to get around.
D is the newest. Your day pass allows you to try all of them. If you smoke, there are areas to do so in both the A and the D clubs and oddly enough those are my two favorites.
Old Mar 9, 07, 11:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
you have time to visit more than 1, perhaps all 4... however, term b ac isn't much....

if you smoke, d has a lounge, also a if it hasn't been closed....
Old Mar 9, 07, 11:18 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
You will get loads of answers .. we all have our favorites.

D is the newest
D has a great view of the west tarmac and runways
D has a childrens play room and smoking lounge (tho others do too)
The food in the gate area at D is much more diverse and better IMHO than other terminals .. so if you want to eat before you use the AC this is the better terminal (BTW is using Sky-Link to get to Term D .. exit on the 'hi gate number' side as this is closest to the AC.. the other ACs I tend to forget where they are and pick the wrong stop/side).

A has the best showers
A has a small gym area thho hard to find

Try looking at http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...ortWorth.jhtml for details on each AC ...
Old Mar 9, 07, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, BAEC
'A' far and away......much bigger and nicer than D IMO, more relaxed and much more space in general feels like more and has a nice little bar area as well as a little "internet café"! Fantastic AAngels there all the time as i have found as well.
Old Mar 9, 07, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT; Hilton Gold VIP; Hertz Gold Club
A is for AAngels

FWIW, I have always found the AAngels in at A club to be friendlier and more helpful than the ones in the D club. It could be a coincidence -- for all I know, the ones that work in A on Monday might work in D on Tuesday -- but it seems to be a general rule of thumb for me.

I am not suggesting the ones that I have encountered in D don't meet the AC standards... they're fine... I'm just saying that I always find better help at A.
Old Mar 9, 07, 12:34 pm

Programs: OW Emerald/AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat,
The showers at A are the BEST in AA's system, hands down (at least IMHO)--the "personal car wash" as I call them. The mini-gym is right next to them. The old Flagship Lounge/Arrivals lounge area is a in-airport oasis of undistrubed quiet.

The "atmosphere" at D is the brightest, and the D concourse has the best restaurant offerings, if that's important.

I'd say go grab a run on the treadmill & a shower at A, & linger at will there at will, then skylink over to D for a meal & post-meal relaxing at the club there.

I'm pretty convinced that the staff rotate from club to club.
Old Mar 23, 07, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by skye1 View Post
The showers at A are the BEST in AA's system, hands down (at least IMHO)--the "personal car wash" as I call them. The mini-gym is right next to them.
I second that - had about 5 minutes for a shower - I was sparking clean in 3! Although I must admit, I was expecting them to offer a wax coat...
Old Mar 23, 07, 8:10 pm

I vote A. I had a three and a half hour layover a couple of weeks ago in DFW and landed in A/going out of D. I spent the first 2 hours in A and the last hour in D. A was much quieter and more elegant. Way fewer people (probably b/c intl goes out of D). More comfortable and more private feeling. I thought it was overall classier. Food was about the same. D had a more modern feel. I didn't like how the computers were on a little console in middle of the bar. It felt busier, more of a scene.

Showers in A were great. Servers were friendlier in A, although probably partially b/c it was nearly empty (vs. D right at peak EU departure times). I just liked the feeling of A better. If I were going back, I would probably just spend all my time in A.

Either way, both A and D beat ORD...two showers for the ENTIRE lounge there, plus much more worn down facilities.
Old Mar 23, 07, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Getting back on topic........

I vote for the A club ALWAYS! Best showers in the entire AA system, the gym is very nice, the AAngels are amazing! Also, plenty of computers.

I agree with the other poster:
1) go to the A club for a run/stairmaster followed by a shower (use all of the jets!)
2) take SkyLink over to D for a nice meal in a restaurant
3) go to the AC in D for relaxing/lounging/Internet/plane-spotting
Old Mar 24, 07, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
D and the restaurants in D Terminal are much more diverse.
Old Mar 24, 07, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by OneXMarine View Post
D and the restaurants in D Terminal are much more diverse.
I agree that the restaurants in D are much better and offer a lot more options but I personaly prefer the A AC. It seems almost cozy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: