Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Skye1 - a great post. ^ I too have never had to wait on the shower, and the former FL is a great escape.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:39 am

Can anyone tell me if hot/cold water, tea, and coffee are the only complimentary beverages at the AC? Lastly, how is the food at the bar? I mean, am I better off buying food in the terminal? Also, can anyone access the former Flagship Lounge? Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Fountain soft drinks are free at the bar (bottled water is charged). Can't speek for the food; it looks decent, but I'd probably just grab something at the terminal.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:52 am

Thanks for the quick reply (you're right, the food at the bar doesn't look that good).
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:24 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
With the skylink trains getting you from one terminal to another in just a few minutes, one "food routine" is to get your workout & shower & sanctuary time in A, then skylink over to D for the better restos that D has (the best resto choices in DFW, imho). If your layover is only long enough to stay in A, then I think there are a few other threads here on resto recco's for DFW, incl. A.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by skye1
P.S. I've often found the "gym" at terminal A to be a "must" with all the additional food offerings I've shamelessly enjoyed on an international flight
Here I thought I was the only one who ever used it! I *love* that gym, especially for late night SoAM departures where I might not have an opportunity to work out otherwise.

Somewhat OT: I never realized Term D was SO easy to get to from the lower B gates. B closes up early, but at the far end of the B terminal (walking towards the lower gates), it simply opens into D and it's about a 5 minute walk from B5 to D33 and anything you need. No SkywAAlk, no nada. Muy Facil and the wait for a delayed RJ is so much nicer after a cold brew.

Gotta look for the rainshower mod...
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA-PLT/Lifetime
I love FlyerTalk!

Where else could I have found out about the the 'personal car wash' in Terminal A's AC (from previous posts responding to susiesan's question in this thread) and Cousin's BBQ in Terminal D (my mouth is watering just thinking about it from this thread)

That plus the tip on using my German mailing address when I hit 1MM and the resulting eVIP upgrade into J are going to make next month's FRA-DFW-SAT trip really nice!

Now if I can just get Dalguy to tell me my SAT-ORD-FRA return flight has the new J-seat then life will be very good. ^ ^ ^

Last edited by Alka; Oct 11, 2006 at 10:47 pm Reason: Fixed a typo.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:04 pm

The "workout, shower in A, B/L/D in D" routine is just not a bad way at all to "spend" a layover at DFW airside. I've never had to wait for a treadmill/stepper in A either. Just like the rest of that old FL area, it's kind of a ghost town...and I'm glad that AA doesn't advertise it. Wouldn't have it any other way (altho' this thread may just undo that now that the word's out).

The new 767 seats? They'll come when they come. This whole thing of guessing which of AA's one or two planes has it and whether or not that's "your" plane is just that...guessing. And besides, if one does nail down that "theirs" is the flight that has "it", most on this board know how real the potential is for a complete change of equipment at the last minute. I know of several people who recently, purposefully booked a certain departure time to catch the morning 767 out of SFO--only to find out at the last minute that they're going on a MD-80.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:15 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
The one 'trick' I seem to not know is how to remember WHICH station stop to get off at what terminal for the AC.

For example, at Term D I know I get off at the high numbers (since the AC is near 23/24 right).

What about the other terminals? I seem to always get off the train going the long way back to the AC?!?!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by skye1
At the desk upstairs, ...
skye1 - thanks a bunch for all the information. Now I may have to plan on not checking all my toiletries in order to use the gym and still look ok afterwards.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by funtotravel
skye1 - thanks a bunch for all the information. Now I may have to plan on not checking all my toiletries in order to use the gym and still look ok afterwards.
Sad, huh...I don't think I could describe my OWN bathroom with that kind of detail Dang, talk about morphing into the "More Than You'd EVER Want to Know About A Shower" thread...

But, back to toiletry issues...
If you go to more than one club (which many at DFW do, even if only arriving in one term. & departing in another), ask at each club for one of those envelopes. Then, you'll have a spare to use in case they aren't giving them out (or run out) on a subsequent visit. I keep one in my glove box, along with the "winter travel" stuff.
AND, interestingly, I've carried a "spare" with me in my carry-on on every single flight I've been on (takes up next to NO space) and TSAs/Security have passed it just fine...they'll confiscate all the little tubes in my J amenity kit, but that envelope seems to be fine.

Or, if the club doesn't have one...the last time I was at DCA, they called down to their baggage claim office and had one of the amentity kits from there (they give to people stranded or with lost luggage) given to me...kinda cool' little travel pouch, actually. GREAT for batteries, small cables, etc.

Last edited by skye1; Oct 11, 2006 at 9:09 pm
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by JGR01
The one 'trick' I seem to not know is how to remember WHICH station stop to get off at what terminal for the AC.

For example, at Term D I know I get off at the high numbers (since the AC is near 23/24 right).

What about the other terminals? I seem to always get off the train going the long way back to the AC?!?!
If you head towards the 23 area in all the terminals I think you are fine.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:19 am

Well, took a shower in shower room #2 in the A terminal. Here are some pics:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...wer%202/S1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...wer%202/S2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...wer%202/S3.jpg

BTW, I missed my DFW-FLL (the last one for the day) flight because of a delayed ORD-DFW flight (no crew showup). AA gave me a room for the night at the Ramada Inn (eek) and my DFW-FLL flight left the next morning. I decided against showering at the Ramada and opted to do so in the AC (5:30AM).
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals, PC Plat Ambassidor, CO PLT, UA Premiere Executive, Boycotting: Hilton, Delta, NWA,
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
I'd use the Terminal D lounge in DFW, my personal opinion anyway. It's the newest lounge there, it's quite big, great views of the runway and the international traffic, etc. No food unless you enjoy snack mix, but there are some decent food facilities in D.
/agreed.

Also, smoking section there is far superior.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Terminal D for the view. It's the best at DFW.

When you are there, stop by La Duni (in the food court area for the lower numbered gaets) for some really awesome cakes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.