Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I agree with everyone else--
* if you arrive at AUS early, check out the lounge. it is a bit small, and if you happen to be there just before the BA flight, I've heard it is very busy
* at DFW, make your way over to D. figure out where your gate will be, and time about how long it takes to get to the lounge. then you'll know how much time you'll need to get back down. I usually leave the lounge about 10-15 min before the flight is supposed to start boarding.

After a ~40 min flight, I've never found the need to shower before leaving DFW. And the same on the return, I figure I only have a short time to go before I'll be back home, where I'll shower before I go to bed. (I have showered elsewhere between medium to long flights)
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors, Hertz
Thanks for the advice.

I doubt I'll want a shower as mentioned, it's not a long flight from AUS. Though on the way back I might shower in DFW. I have to do a turnaround in Austin when I get back and head straight back out for family travel. That's going to be a long day.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
For me: "A" if you want the showers (unless they've removed the great ones during an "upgrade" ) "D" for relaxing.

As far as other OW lounges at DFW - probably won't work as they are third party operated and always deny access claiming capacity control if you are not on their metal, at least IME. Yes CL, is fantastic. If you have PP, "The Lounge" is interesting, but not worth payment.
Confirmed on the "oneworld" lounges at DFW -- they are all contract lounges and do not operate under normal access rules. I was denied access to any of them last time through DFW (EXP on international itinerary in premium cabin). They're all operated by the same company operating the Priority Pass lounge there, which is worth skipping.

Admirals Club in A still has the showers (as of two weeks ago anyway). If you have Amex Platinum, I'd recommend the Centurion Lounge by D13 for better food/drinks.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by akcae
Admirals Club in A still has the showers (as of two weeks ago anyway). If you have Amex Platinum, I'd recommend the Centurion Lounge by D13 for better food/drinks.
The Centurion lounge is frequently very crowded.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The Centurion lounge is frequently very crowded.
This is no surprise, since it is probably the best lounge at DFW.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Whatever Happened to the Terminal D "Premium" Lounge?

From a discussion a year and a half ago..

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....remium-lounge/

"DFW Airports Plans for New American Airlines First Class Lounge and Shared Premium Lounge

by Gary Leff on June 6, 2015

Last weekend I shared the rumor that American is going to build a new Flagship first class lounge at DFW airport in terminal D. I also mentioned that the airport has had plans for a new shared premium lounge."

Haven't heard any update on this new lounge, has anyone else?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
From a discussion a year and a half ago..

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....remium-lounge/

"DFW Airports Plans for New American Airlines First Class Lounge and Shared Premium Lounge

by Gary Leff on June 6, 2015

Last weekend I shared the rumor that American is going to build a new Flagship first class lounge at DFW airport in terminal D. I also mentioned that the airport has had plans for a new shared premium lounge."

Haven't heard any update on this new lounge, has anyone else?
I just read the other night in another thread that someone asked about this at the D AC and was told it would be almost another year before it opens. They said this person informed them that they were not going work on it until the A AC renovations were done.

Take that FWIW, of course.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
I just read the other night in another thread that someone asked about this at the D AC and was told it would be almost another year before it opens. They said this person informed them that they were not going work on it until the A AC renovations were done.

Take that FWIW, of course.
Hmm. I can see that AA wouldn't work on some of their own projects (such as the D AC) until the A AC was done, but the OW Shared Premium Lounge is (was) an altogether different project, with nothing to do with AA.

Also AA's new "permanent" Flagship Lounge in D is currently being worked on.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum 2MM, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, HHonors
Well at least they are trying to improve the regular AC product before this. Too bad terminal C is stuck in the 70's.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:28 am

I'm connecting in DFW for a long layover and will be catching a Dallas Stars hockey game. Just found out that the bag policy is relatively strict, and I'm wondering if the keyed/lockable lockers still exist in either the Terminal B or C AC. If so, where are they located within the club? Size shouldn't (hopefully) be an issue. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by kanny
I'm connecting in DFW for a long layover and will be catching a Dallas Stars hockey game. Just found out that the bag policy is relatively strict, and I'm wondering if the keyed/lockable lockers still exist in either the Terminal B or C AC. If so, where are they located within the club? Size shouldn't (hopefully) be an issue. Thanks!
If you read the Wiki for this thread, it indicates that lockers are available at the lounge in Terminal B.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Originally Posted by jcatman
If you read the Wiki for this thread, it indicates that lockers are available at the lounge in Terminal B.
The wiki needs to be updated. While the lockers are there, the doors have been removed from all lockers. An Aangel told me this was mandated by TSA.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by adambrock
The wiki needs to be updated. While the lockers are there, the doors have been removed from all lockers. An Aangel told me this was mandated by TSA.
Updated to reflect that they're more "cubbies" than lockers now.

Last edited by zpaul; Feb 14, 2017 at 6:17 am
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:46 pm

Tragic! Thanks for the updated information. Rental car it is.

Originally Posted by adambrock
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm flying BA DFW-LHR next week. I assume I can access the AA lounge in D. I've been there several times and it is a great lounge.

According to the BA site, I can also access, "The Club at DFW," which is good for BA, JL, and QF customers.

Any thoughts on which is better?

This will be from about 3:30 for a 6pm flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.