Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Old Jul 16, 06, 4:13 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
They are all the same

well, actually they all have a different ambience. But it's like London, Paris and Rome - or more to the point, Pittsburg, Leeds and Stuttgart (apologies to residents but you get my drift) - you enjoy wherever you are. Either go to the one that it on top of your departure gate or if you are not risk averse and a club is closer to your arrival gate than the departure gate go to that one. I don't like the one in terminal D as I arrive there on redeyes most of the time and can never find it. The signs are either useless or I am half asleep - I am not sure which.

As for free drinks on domestic - you gotta be joking. You need to go in first in which case use the AC to sober up..... the coffee is excellent.
Old Jul 16, 06, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
You refer to internet cafe, at Club a or D. What do you mean?

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
It kinda depends on what's important to you. Views of the airfield? D or to some extent B. Get your own coke from a machine instead of from a bartender? Only B. Friendly efficient staff? All 4. "Internet Cafe"? A or D.

My preference: whereever Jose or Rhonda are working!
Old Jul 16, 06, 11:17 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AA Flyer
You refer to internet cafe, at Club a or D. What do you mean?
Instead of computers in little cubicles, they're on tall round tables. Tall chairs to sit on. Bar nearby. It was a nice novelty when A first opened, years ago.
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Question Best Admirals Club at DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth? Amenities?

DH and I will be flying in first class on award tickets enroute to Australia in November. We have a 4 hour layover at DFW coming in from MCI on AA 740 and changing to AA 1688 to SFO, then on to Qantas to Oz. As we will have plenty of time, is one of the AAdmirals lounges nicer than the others? Do any of them have food other than pretzels? Maybe little sandwiches. It will be lunch time and I'd prefer not to have to but overpriced airport foood if there are munchies in the lounge.
Anyone know if we would use an AA lounge in SF or does Qantas have one? We have 2 1/2 hours there.

Susie
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
DH and I will be flying in first class on award tickets enroute to Australia in November. We have a 4 hour layover at DFW coming in from MCI on AA 740 and changing to AA 1688 to SFO, then on to Qantas to Oz. As we will have plenty of time, is one of the AAdmirals lounges nicer than the others? Do any of them have food other than pretzels? Maybe little sandwiches. It will be lunch time and I'd prefer not to have to but overpriced airport foood if there are munchies in the lounge.
Anyone know if we would use an AA lounge in SF or does Qantas have one? We have 2 1/2 hours there.

Susie
There's been more than a few threads on the subject, a search would turn up more conclusive advice than what you're sure to get here.

I'd use the Terminal D lounge in DFW, my personal opinion anyway. It's the newest lounge there, it's quite big, great views of the runway and the international traffic, etc. No food unless you enjoy snack mix, but there are some decent food facilities in D.

SFO does indeed have an Admirals Club, you can find that information on www.aa.com
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, Marriott

Susie
Terminal D because it is brand new and I like things that are new. No food really though.
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:29 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
D or A [tossup]
C
B
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
...Anyone know if we would use an AA lounge in SF or does Qantas have one? We have 2 1/2 hours there.
QF uses the BA Terraces lounge in the international terminal airside (actually board from the lounge as it is at the gate normally used for the flight). Much nicer than the rather tired SFO AC. No real reason to use the AC except if you arrive so early that the QF lounge is not yet open (3 hours before flight time) or to get an Anchor Steam (free if you are EXP or Plat as you are traveling internationally).
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, HH Gold
D

I like the shared computers better there, no privacy, which means people don't tend to linger on them, so typically you should be able to at least get one to check your flight, email etc.

Plus as others said it is new, so it is nicer.

Though, I have yet to have a bad experience at any of the DFW clubs.

You could spend an hour in each, and report it back here..
Old Oct 9, 06, 1:28 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
For me, it's a toss-up between A & D depending on what you want.

If you want to take a shower - Terminal A has nicer showers (although Terminal D is very nice too).

Terminal A also has a pseduo-workout room & also a more private/quiet area where the FL used to be.

In terms of view & decor, Terminal D wins hands down so unless you want to workout/take a shower, stick with Terminal D.
Old Oct 9, 06, 1:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold

Susie
Like others I prefer the concourse D lounge - it's nice, new, quite big and has views of the international traffic and runways. If you're not near D, I also like the A lounge. No real food to speak of in the lounges, unless you like lots of snack mix.

Definately use the BA lounge in SFO.

When you depart Australia back for the states, there are some nice lounges in Sydney (Intl Terminal) - especially if you can get into the First Class Lounge in the International Terminal (assuming you are on the SYD-SFO route for your return). There is a business class lounge in SYD as well -- see which one you'll have access to.

SDF_Traveler
Old Oct 9, 06, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Wink we won't be stinky just yet

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
Like others I prefer the concourse D lounge - it's nice, new, quite big and has views of the international traffic and runways. If you're not near D, I also like the A lounge. No real food to speak of in the lounges, unless you like lots of snack mix.

Definately use the BA lounge in SFO.

When you depart Australia back for the states, there are some nice lounges in Sydney (Intl Terminal) - especially if you can get into the First Class Lounge in the International Terminal (assuming you are on the SYD-SFO route for your return). There is a business class lounge in SYD as well -- see which one you'll have access to.

SDF_Traveler
We return SYD-LAX in business class so I'll use that lounge in Sydney. I will use the BA lounge in SFO, and probably the AAdmirals D lounge at DFW. I have to see where the flight from Kansas City comes into and the flight to SFO goes from. Maybe we'll split our time between A and D. Won't need a shower yet-we will have completed only the first hour of a 24 hour journey all the way to Cairns. That's where I'll need the shower!!

Susie
Old Oct 9, 06, 4:40 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
The food courts near the Term D lounge are far nicer (and newer). However the OP is flying QF First so really should be hungry when they board in SFO! Enjoy the food on QF instead of DFW!

Term A has nicer showers (for the return trip possibly) but cannot compare them as have not used the Term D showers yet.

Since they all have poor/minimal snacks and food .. the issue might come down to 1) view and 2) location of departing flight.

You might consider trying two clubs .. and getting your free drinkies at each club!

Me, the nearest club to departing gate is my choice (and we all know DFW is famous for changing the departure gates so stay informed!).
Old Oct 9, 06, 5:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Outbound, the BA lounge at SFO has a First lounge contained within the Terraces / Business premises - though I find it fairly confining and unattractive and prefer the main lounge. I'm probably not the only one - once Christiane Amanpour walked out into the Biz section as well - the nice lounge lady was preplexed as to why we didn't wish to stay.

For a snack, the food court nearest your SFO departure gates before security has a "Burger Joint" - Niman ranch beef, very thick Double Rainbow ice cream shakes - actually, both are quite good, and they are iDine as well.

Iirc, QANTAS has a very nice international First lounge in SYD (as well as lounges in the domestic departure area.)
Old Oct 9, 06, 6:21 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by daggett24
D

I like the shared computers better there, no privacy, which means people don't tend to linger on them, so typically you should be able to at least get one to check your flight, email etc.
As well as the terminals by the bar there are pods at the far other end of the DFW D AC.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: