Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:35 pm

Since we often have a fairly close connection and seem to hit the clubs at lunch time or dinner time, we quite frequently buy food in the clubs.

Our preference is the D club... for one, they usually have everything available on the menu (A is often out of this or that), and IF there's time to go to a D restaurant we'll do that. So it gives us a nice choice.

The food for purchase at the Clubs are really pretty good. I LOVE the Cobb Salad with Avocado dressing (We often buy one to go for a noon flight and the flight attendents always ask where I got it). The hot sandwiches are great. The soup du jour is good. For a quick meal, it really can't be beat if you are a bit short on time to head for a restaurant.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:37 pm

Here's another vote for Cantina Laredo! It's where we eat when we have plenty of time for connections. Really nice Tex-Mex. Plus they have Negra Modela beer!!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:49 pm

+1 more for Cantina Laredo.

If you want to eat in the club try the chilli.

You should check out term A club also.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:36 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by scubamom
The food for purchase at the Clubs are really pretty good.
Have you looked at the (scant) nutritional information provided? All of the sandwiches have > 1000 mg of sodium, with one topping out OVER 4000 mg of sodium.

They sound good... but everytime I look at the menu, I cringe.

Greg
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by GregL
Have you looked at the (scant) nutritional information provided? All of the sandwiches have > 1000 mg of sodium, with one topping out OVER 4000 mg of sodium.

They sound good... but everytime I look at the menu, I cringe.

Greg
Do you have nutritional info on the salads at the D club?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:19 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Do you have nutritional info on the salads at the D club?
Go here and choose the city of the club you'll be in: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/amora.jsp

The worst offenders:
  • Roast Beef & Provolone Panini -- 4240 mg of sodium, 85g of fat, 28g of saturated fat
  • Classic Muffeletta Panini -- 2980 mg of sodium, 40g of fat, 14g of saturated fat
  • Cilantro Chicken Quesadilla -- 2270 mg of sodium, 69g of fat, 30g of saturated fat
  • Autumn Pear & Pecan Salad -- 1950 mg of sodium, 48g of fat, 26g of saturated fat
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 5.07MM; Marriott Lifetime Pt; Hyatt Diam; Avis
DFW AC D HotSpot Connection Issues

Yesterday I stopped by and try to connect to the hotspot - I was able to after about 5 minutes and while I had a very strong signal, noticed that my browsing speed was super slow... Did mention that to the AC staff and they mentioned that they were experiencing some connection issues on 4/22.
Anyone else noticed slow connection speeds yesterday?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by GregL
Go here and choose the city of the club you'll be in: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/amora.jsp

The worst offenders:
  • Roast Beef & Provolone Panini -- 4240 mg of sodium, 85g of fat, 28g of saturated fat
  • Classic Muffeletta Panini -- 2980 mg of sodium, 40g of fat, 14g of saturated fat
  • Cilantro Chicken Quesadilla -- 2270 mg of sodium, 69g of fat, 30g of saturated fat
  • Autumn Pear & Pecan Salad -- 1950 mg of sodium, 48g of fat, 26g of saturated fat
Some of the carb counts are just as outrageous (one trick some food companies use is, when fat is lessened, sugar is added to "make up" for the lost flavor).

Looks the Cobb is the only thing that is halfway-reasonable.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I'm with the the previous posts on this....plenty of better food options at D than the A/C. Just my two pence.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:43 am
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Question Former Flagship Lounge in DFW Terminal A Admirals Club

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I've been meaning to post about this for a while.

A couple of months ago, I was at the DFW Terminal A Admirals Club. I am EXP and was travelling to Europe with my PLT fiancée. I had heard about the defunct Flagship Lounge...FTers had mentioned that it is accessible to anyone and far less crowded than the main part of the club. We decided to take a peak on our way out. As we emerged, one of the AAngels came rushing from the front desk, scowling. "That area is for members only! You can't just walk in there!" Everyone standing in line to check in looked at us in horror. I was quite taken aback by her tone but brushed it off and left. We are not currently AC members (although I have been in the past). This AAngel had not checked us in, so I am pretty sure she had no idea whether we were AC members or not. What membership was she referring to? CK? Yes, I could've asked her, but at the moment, I just assumed I had broken some rule I was unaware of.

Has anyone else tried to access the former Flagship Lounge and been verbally assaulted by an AAngel?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by FTW
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I've been meaning to post about this for a while.

A couple of months ago, I was at the DFW Terminal A Admirals Club. I am EXP and was travelling to Europe with my PLT fiancée. I had heard about the defunct Flagship Lounge...FTers had mentioned that it is accessible to anyone and far less crowded than the main part of the club. We decided to take a peak on our way out. As we emerged, one of the AAngels came rushing from the front desk, scowling. "That area is for members only! You can't just walk in there!" Everyone standing in line to check in looked at us in horror. I was quite taken aback by her tone but brushed it off and left. We are not currently AC members (although I have been in the past). This AAngel had not checked us in, so I am pretty sure she had no idea whether we were AC members or not. What membership was she referring to? CK? Yes, I could've asked her, but at the moment, I just assumed I had broken some rule I was unaware of.

Has anyone else tried to access the former Flagship Lounge and been verbally assaulted by an AAngel?
As far as I know there is not much back there beyond showers and some old exercise equipment. There is a small lounge area that I've never seen anybody in and a check in desk that is not used. Other than the outdated exercise equipment, I don't see anything really special back there.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
That is odd. I go back there all the time to work (outside of the few times they had it closed off for meetings). Not once have I been reprimanded for doing so.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: AA, TG, KE, HH
Is smoking still allowed at AC in terminal D?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:42 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bazzako
Is smoking still allowed at AC in terminal D?
Yes - the smoking lounge is open.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Abidjan
That is odd. I go back there all the time to work (outside of the few times they had it closed off for meetings). Not once have I been reprimanded for doing so.
+1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.