Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Actually, I find that if I'm looking for absolute tranquility and privacy (for a nap), the best place to go is the old FL space in the A club. It seems that almost nobody knows it's there, because I've NEVER seen anybody else in there while I've been there.
Hmmm, I must be one of those who doesn't know it's there. Where is it, exactly?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We won't be needing a shower, but I'm curious...what do you do with your luggage, etc.? Do you have a whole private room just to yourself or is it a shared area like in a gym or health club? I'm sure they have lockers for your small stuff but what DO you do with your suitcases?
The showers are private and large, plenty of room to take your things in.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I know to ask for drink chits when we go in, but I think I read someplace you have to pay for food? Or is it you pay for "good" food but they have snacky things out for free?
They do have free snacks, but pretty limited. Depending on the time of day, you'll find muffins, cookies, apples and that airline-style pretzel mix.

Better food can be purchased in the club.

Last edited by videomaker; Aug 23, 2009 at 5:30 pm Reason: Speling ;-)
Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:10 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thread now merged (still working on getting the rest of these consolidated threads done).

/Moderator
Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thanks! This will keep me reading for a while! Silly me, when I did my search I used "AC" instead of spelling it out since you guys use so many acronyms.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Originally Posted by videomaker
Hmmm, I must be one of those who doesn't know it's there. Where is it, exactly?
As you exit the elevator, it's right behind you to your left (or around the corner, past check-in to the right). I love this area too, never anyone in there, aside from the times they shutdown portions for meetings, etc. ^
Old Aug 23, 2009, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
As you exit the elevator, it's right behind you to your left (or around the corner, past check-in to the right). I love this area too, never anyone in there, aside from the times they shutdown portions for meetings, etc. ^
Thanks, I'd seen the entrance area over there before, but wasn't sure who/what it was for.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

"C" is the coolest.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
DFW-FRA in Flagship F, Lounge Questions

I haven't had the pleasure of Intl F on AA yet, and am using my remaining miles (moved from DFW area to PHL a year ago) for a trip to Germany in the flagship suite on the 777 next month.

I've been trying to figure out what to expect, lounge wise, during my 4+ hour layover at DFW prior to leaving. AA.com and various threads are deep on the rules of getting in, but I haven't really gotten the nitty gritty of what's inside.

From the looks of it, in D terminal at DFW I'll be getting 2 free drinks, some snacks, can pay for a meal, and use various computers, showers, etc.

To get specific, my questions are these:

1: Are we talking top shelf drinks, or middle of the road?
2: How much after I inevitably surpass the 2 free drinks?
3: What are the 'snacks'?
4: Is it even worth it to snag a meal in the club if I'll just be eating onboard?
5: Is the club in D terminal even the best at DFW?

I'm no super FF, put in my 25-50K a year on *A carriers, so I'm not an especially needy person (I fly US primarily, so, clearly the bar is low). Just curious as to what folks experiences have been and what I should expect. If it's nothing phenomenal, I'll just catch up with friends in Dallas and hit up something tasty in Dallas between flights. There isn't exactly anything in Trenton, NJ to compare to the Mexican joints of Dallas.

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The D club is nice, but I'd catch up with friends for some good food off-airport before I'd spend 4+ hours in an Admirals Club.

If you do stay at the lounge, you can ask for more drink chits after you spend the first two and they should indulge you. Lounge drinks are expensive to this cheapskate.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I assume you will be wondering about the FRA AC next.

Just click here

Key point: you can snag a shower before you leave the airport!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I assume you will be wondering about the FRA AC next.

Just click here

Key point: you can snag a shower before you leave the airport!
This much I was able to find and figure out via that thread. Didn't want to commit a cardinal sin and be scolded by moderators for lack of personal research.

That's the best thing about arrivals lounges, getting the 9 hrs of airplane cruddiness off of you. Makes you feel like a new man...until the coffee wears off and you feel like crap again.

I'll be doing the FCT in FRA on LH in the fall. Now that, I am really looking forward to.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
The AC in D is the 'nicest' but it's nothing too far over and above the other clubs. Definitely the newest with great tarmac views. If you've got 4 hrs to kill I'd take a walk and grab a drink in all 4 to check them out.

For snacks, at that time of day (10am-2pm) it's usually nothing more than some assorted cookies and snack mix. If you're hungry there's some decent restaurants in D.

Your drink certs will get you pretty much anything behind the bar...most of the AC's have a good selection of mid to top shelf. As mentioned above as soon as you run out of certs take your BP to the desk and kindly ask for a few more, I've never had a problem with this.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
I wouldn't bother buying food in any AC in DFW. There are plenty of good restaurants in Terminal D where you can get much better food for the same money.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:16 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I really enjoy the D Club.

Great runway views, also terrific cocktail service by waiters.

The agents there are wonderful, and I really like the terminal.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
I wouldn't bother buying food in any AC in DFW. There are plenty of good restaurants in Terminal D where you can get much better food for the same money.

Agreed. Go to Cantina Laredo first, then go to the club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.