Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Old May 20, 09, 6:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Nice... nobody offers something better so we dont need to offer our own premium pax something nice either.
It's what I would do if I were running the business. Given limited resources, I'd use them where it will provide the best return. FL at DFW is not the best spend of limited resources for exactly that reason.

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
D Club is still my preference !
Hands down ^ (or thumbs up)

Cheers.
Old May 20, 09, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by brp View Post
Hands down (or thumbs up)
In most but not all cases.

If one is seeking quiet and solitude (or the best shower), there are better choices, especially in the afternoon and early evening.
Old May 20, 09, 7:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
I prefer A for the private seating areas, D for the views, and C for the bar. Best all around, it's a toss up.
Old May 20, 09, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by moman View Post
I prefer A for the private seating areas, D for the views, and C for the bar.
Why do you prefer the bar in C?
Old May 20, 09, 10:00 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
"B" for the lockers!!! ^^^
Old Jun 14, 09, 3:43 am

Programs: JL/JGC Diamond (OWE), AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, A3 *G, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Sorry for kind of bringing up an old thread. Apparently DFW AC (A, B, D)just got new iced tea machine. The barman at B said they just got them in the last few days. I don't remember the exact flavors but there were 4 included my fav southern sweetened ice tea. Back on monday to confirm the flavors unless someone can do it faster
Old Aug 23, 09, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
DFW AC's

I remember a thread someplace but can't find it now, and I did read the general AC Wickie, but can someone either point me to the right place or tell me...

The relative pros and cons between the AC's in Dallas, we will be in both Terminals A and D. The threads I've found have said that D is the newest and A has a workout facility, which we don't need. Mostly interested in food, drink, and comfortable seating.
Old Aug 23, 09, 11:42 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
D.

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 09, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
D is the nicest and it has the best views. You can't go wrong with any of them IMO, they're all nice.
Old Aug 23, 09, 12:04 pm

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 09, 12:59 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
D > c > b > a

^
Old Aug 23, 09, 2:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
The only nice thing about A is that the showers are the nicest in the system, IMHO. Really nice after a long-haul arrival.
Old Aug 23, 09, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RChavez View Post
The only nice thing about A is that the showers are the nicest in the system, IMHO. Really nice after a long-haul arrival.

Actually, I find that if I'm looking for absolute tranquility and privacy (for a nap), the best place to go is the old FL space in the A club. It seems that almost nobody knows it's there, because I've NEVER seen anybody else in there while I've been there. Granted, it's not as nice as it used to be (they've replaced the luxurious sofas with AC-style chairs, and the middle of the space is now occupied by a huge conference room), but it's still the most private space at DFW that I can find.

Yes, the showers at the A club are the best in the system! Be sure to ask for #7.
Old Aug 23, 09, 3:35 pm

We won't be needing a shower, but I'm curious...what do you do with your luggage, etc.? Do you have a whole private room just to yourself or is it a shared area like in a gym or health club? I'm sure they have lockers for your small stuff but what DO you do with your suitcases?

I know to ask for drink chits when we go in, but I think I read someplace you have to pay for food? Or is it you pay for "good" food but they have snacky things out for free?

Unfortunately our return flight we're connecting A:A so we're probably just going to stay there. So we'll see D and A.
Old Aug 23, 09, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
Be sure to ask for #7.
Or, as we like to call it, the "ESpen."

He's right (man, that's hard to type) about A. It is the best for a tranquil getaway, which is what I'm usually in search of. brp is right (much easier to type) about D being the best overall.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: