Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Old Oct 24, 08, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
The stalls go all the way down to the floor at the DFW ACs. George Costanza would be proud.
I often read a club newspaper in there and then put it back.
Old Oct 24, 08, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
I often read a club newspaper in there and then put it back.
Just don't try to donate it to the homeless. That or muffin stumps.
Old Oct 24, 08, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PPro (12yr EXP) - 2.1 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I've only used D and despite the hot water being out on one of my visits, I find it very nice. Haven't used A. I've pretty much only used showers on international flights and DFW-D is the only domestic shower I've used. I found it better than FRA and BA's 1st Lounge's at LHR. It just felt cleaner/newer.
Old Oct 24, 08, 3:03 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
A has possibly the best showers of any airport.
Old Oct 24, 08, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skye1 View Post
I'm usually not the "just do a search" type, but....
We all have our limits.
Old Oct 25, 08, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Red face

Thanks all for your views and help.....

Originally Posted by skye1 View Post
..that, or it could be ended because there's no shortage of posts about which A/C to use at DFW.
I'm usually not the "just do a search" type, but....
Also skye1, thanks for the reminder to "just do a search". Actually I did, and while you are correct there are lots of posts about AC's, there was very little information regarding the showers. There is a new terminal, D, and I could find no information about the showers there. I knew the very informed group here would give their honest experiences.

Have a good weekend!
Old Oct 26, 08, 1:19 am

Programs: CX Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold (1MM), Marriott Plat
I was in the terminal A AC a few weeks ago. Long layover so took advantage of the workout room (which consisted of a stepmaster, treadmill and exercise bike), which was nothing to write home about. The shower was great though, had the rain shower head mounted on the ceiling, a separate hand-held shower head, and 6 spray nozzles mounted at body level.
Old Oct 27, 08, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
Just don't try to donate it to the homeless. That or muffin stumps.
Ha! The muffin stump episode is one of my favorites!

Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
I've only used D and despite the hot water being out on one of my visits, I find it very nice. Haven't used A. I've pretty much only used showers on international flights and DFW-D is the only domestic shower I've used. I found it better than FRA and BA's 1st Lounge's at LHR. It just felt cleaner/newer.
Originally Posted by cstead View Post
A has possibly the best showers of any airport.
Originally Posted by hpvamp View Post
I was in the terminal A AC a few weeks ago. Long layover so took advantage of the workout room (which consisted of a stepmaster, treadmill and exercise bike), which was nothing to write home about. The shower was great though, had the rain shower head mounted on the ceiling, a separate hand-held shower head, and 6 spray nozzles mounted at body level.
Thanks for all the great information.....as always, FT's always have the most accurate information.
Have a great week!
Lisa
Old Oct 27, 08, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Am I the only one who manages to get water all over the place! What is the deal with the paper towel to wipe off your feet when you get.
Old Mar 7, 09, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Advantage (Platinum)
Does the Terminal A AC still have the great showers and exercise room? Just curious as to whether it may have been affected by any renovations (the only DFW AC I've been in is Terminal C).
Old Mar 7, 09, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FortyFive View Post
Does the Terminal A AC still have the great showers and exercise room? Just curious as to whether it may have been affected by any renovations (the only DFW AC I've been in is Terminal C).
Yes, it does. The best showers in the entire system! And AFAIK the only AC with workout equipment.
Old Mar 8, 09, 9:12 am

Programs: American life Plat
Comments on posts in the last several pages.

AC in B is small compared to the rest, and has no showers. It is usually quiet. It opens at 6am weekdays and 7am on weekends (I know, I tried to get in at 6:30 Saturday and had to read the current sign) It is located between gates B4 and B5 at the far south end of terminal B. It is actually at the corner where the B hallway turns and goes to D. Also, the walkway that connects A and B ends just outside the B AC. If you are walking from A to B (or B to A) it is convenient. If you are departing from a high D gate, it may be closer (walking) than the D AC. You can watch the aircraft movement for the high D and low B gates out the window.

In talking with an AAngle last week, the lack of a FC loung came up. In a staff meeting someone ask why no FC at DFW, they were told they did not have a FC at DFW because of lack of competition. (As has been reported on FT before)

I have not used A or C clubs enough to comment on them.

The D club is good. Great view as noted. Very large. The rain forrest shower was refreshing.

Someone please tell me how to shift from "rain forrrest' to the overhead shower head!
Old Mar 8, 09, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WWOOLLY View Post
In talking with an AAngle last week, the lack of a FC loung came up. In a staff meeting someone ask why no FC at DFW, they were told they did not have a FC at DFW because of lack of competition. (As has been reported on FT before)

Yup. No competitive reason to offer one. And many fewer 772 International First passengers than JFK or MIA. A FL at DFW would be full of EXPs.
Old May 20, 09, 12:41 pm

Programs: aadvantage platinum, united premier, Northwest Gold Elite
I also love the showers here.
Old May 20, 09, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWOOLLY View Post
Nice... nobody offers something better so we dont need to offer our own premium pax something nice either. Let them hang out in the AC with trail mix and a drink cupon

D Club is still my preference !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: