New AA USA - Europe services for 2019

Old Apr 26, 19, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
100% agree that TLV is a huge hole and I think AA is definitely leaving money on the table by not swallowing their pride and settling an open case they have in Israel.

DL/UA is making bank in TLV.
That is not the reason why AA currently isnít serving TLV.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 8:27 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Djokison View Post

That is not the reason why AA currently isn’t serving TLV.
I know AA stated they lost $20 million on their PHL-TLV route and the route was being canceled for financial reasons. However, from what I understand that a group of former TWA employees reached a settlement with AA but the settlement money allegedly was never paid. AA cannot operate into TLV and avoid addressing this issue.

I think post merger AA can do well in TLV operating ORD-TLV rather than PHL-TLV.
Old Apr 26, 19, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Now if one can't get a SWU to clear in advance on a flight to CROATIA then there truly is a problem.

The cruise ship companies and/or their travel agents seem to sell premium cabin space a lot. Are those premium cabin seatsí prices often heavily discounted in comparison to non-negotiated premium cabin fares? Yes, at times.
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I had no problems booking summertime Milesaver J seats to TXL this summer. From my station, there were two seats available almost every day in August. That can't be a good sign for the advance bookings on PHL-TXL. I'll take it though, headed to DME on AA/S7 with no BA surcharges..
Old Apr 26, 19, 11:40 pm
C46

I would be very surprised, if the TXL-route returns in 2020.

To me, as a German, Berlin is highly overrated, as a tourist attraction. It's okay for a 2-day trip and/or if one chooses to explore the pub/club scene; I don't see many further attractions for tourists, within a 100-mile radius.
And as a business route, it shouldn't work, due to the short season. Furthermore the hard product will not attract many Germans, to choose AA over DL to JFK.
Old Apr 27, 19, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by C46 View Post

To me, as a German, Berlin is highly overrated, as a tourist attraction. It's okay for a 2-day trip and/or if one chooses to explore the pub/club scene; I don't see many further attractions for tourists, within a 100-mile radius.
And as a business route, it shouldn't work, due to the short season. Furthermore the hard product will not attract many Germans, to choose AA over DL to JFK.
I seem to recall that US actually flew PHL-Berlin at one time. If so, there is some experience. Also, this new AA PHL-TXL route will be the only non-stop One World service from any U.S. City to Berlin.
Old Apr 27, 19, 1:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, DL Skymiles, Marriott Bonvoy
I would have thought with previous ORD-DUS they would have initiated PHL-DUS before PHL-TXL. Of course it would have been ideal when Air Berlin was still around but AA now seems to be doing point to point in Europe instead of funneling everything through LHR and MAD. They used to have a weak network to Europe but with US and PHL hub they now have a much better network to Europe - and DFW seems to be getting new routes as well.
Old Apr 27, 19, 3:31 am

the 767 and use of the PHL hub which for now lacks shower facilities kills this.

id rather connect through LHR.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Apr 27, 19, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by perseus11 View Post
I seem to recall that US actually flew PHL-Berlin at one time. If so, there is some experience. Also, this new AA PHL-TXL route will be the only non-stop One World service from any U.S. City to Berlin.
but this isnít surprising - aa is the only US carrier in oneworld (and there is now no German carrier, probably due to the failures in getting BER operational)
Old Apr 27, 19, 5:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
US never flew to Berlin.
Dropped Euro cities include OSL, ARN, BHX, MXP and LGW but not TXL or SXF.
Old Apr 27, 19, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by dls25 View Post
US never flew to Berlin.
why not fly JFK-SVO-SXF to change things up? might be more appealing/interesting than taking the 767.
Old Apr 27, 19, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Also, this new AA PHL-TXL route will be the only non-stop One World service from any U.S. City to Berlin.
Yes, but one can't really expect much origin and destination demand on PHL-TXL. It's really competing xxx-PHL-TXL, and oneworld already has a lot of North America-origin xxx-LHR-TXL for that. AA and BA have the JV and must think it's worth the duplication, however - at least as a seasonal effort. We'll know more if it comes back for 2020.
Old Apr 27, 19, 8:13 am
C46

Originally Posted by dls25 View Post
US never flew to Berlin.
If I recall correctly, AA used to fly to TXL in the early/mid 90s.

Not sure, if to/from ORD or JFK.
Old Apr 27, 19, 8:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Perhaps they'll be able to fly to BER in 2020???
Old Apr 27, 19, 8:42 am
C46

Originally Posted by aztimm View Post
Perhaps they'll be able to fly to BER in 2030???
I took the liberty to correct your typo...!
Flying Yazata, Djokison and wrp96 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: