FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Trying to Find the AA Calming Hold Music (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1966908-trying-find-aa-calming-hold-music.html)

dbernard2000 Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am

Trying to Find the AA Calming Hold Music

I don't know why but I like it... and I work with them for clients so often that I always hear it, but I can never locate it...

Anyway a shazam search of the track while I was on hold yesterday produced this:

As you can probably tell, this isn't the song, but WITHOUT A DOUBT that's the song being played in the background of the audio book narrator.

This was the best Shazam could come up with, I tried several attempts...

Anyone know it?
thanks!

CLT Apr 25, 2019 12:50 pm

I was on hold around 2 weeks ago and surprised to hear the old L-US theme song:

BWISkyGuy Apr 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by CLT (Post 31036870)
I was on hold around 2 weeks ago and surprised to hear the old L-US theme song

That's my experience too... I think at least the LUS call center in INT is still using the old LUS theme.

dbernard2000 Apr 26, 2019 1:46 am

I enjoy the old US Airways song as well, one of the things I was glad AA took in the merger... I've been able to youtube that one easily, but I can't find the one I posted about, it's driving me crazy!

AANYC1981 Apr 26, 2019 2:58 am

This is very calming and brings me back to happier days as a customer pre LCC.

This was the classy company that was proud to bear the name, American, and understood they held themselves to a higher standard.

Airprox Apr 26, 2019 6:47 am

You're right, that's definitely it in the background of that video, would be nice to find the actual tune alone. Please do report back if you manage to find it!

enviroian Apr 26, 2019 7:29 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 31038684)
This is very calming and brings me back to happier days as a customer pre LCC.

This was the classy company that was proud to bear the name, American, and understood they held themselves to a higher standard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TeZ40g4HlYE

Wow what a cool video. I only have been flying AA under Parker's tenure. What was Arpey CEO like?

Fraser Apr 26, 2019 11:17 am

Sounds pretty similar to Christopher Franke's "Sunset Destination", although it isn't. His whole Pacific Coast Highway album is pretty similar...

IADCAflyer Apr 26, 2019 11:45 am

I'm a soft one for this themeset.

AANYC1981 Apr 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 31039237)
Wow what a cool video. I only have been flying AA under Parker's tenure. What was Arpey CEO like?

Dont know him personally but what I felt as a customer was:

Classy
Empathetic
Has a vision for the company

basically nothing US Airways management are these days.

USAIRCHAIRMAN Sep 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy (Post 31036972)
That's my experience too... I think at least the LUS call center in INT is still using the old LUS theme.

This is the hold music when you're already on with an AAgent. The waiting music is the LUS music which I also love. I have played around in Audacity to remove the vocals but the reverb is so strong it gets heavily distorted. The song is so calming I really want a clear mp3 of the music. Reached out to the publisher will report back

dbernard2000 Sep 18, 2019 7:55 am

Originally Posted by USAIRCHAIRMAN (Post 31529169)
This is the hold music when you're already on with an AAgent. The waiting music is the LUS music which I also love. I have played around in Audacity to remove the vocals but the reverb is so strong it gets heavily distorted. The song is so calming I really want a clear mp3 of the music. Reached out to the publisher will report back

Definitely keep us posted, thank you!! :)