Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"If you are connecting on the following flights please come forward first"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"If you are connecting on the following flights please come forward first"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: US Gold
They could have been rebooked while in the air...or they may have allowed extra time originally...or the receiving flight may have been delayed too. You just don't know.

wg
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
I’m always in a hurry and we shouldn’t allow AA to constantly get away with their continued delays. Since AA is so operationally bad they should be telling customers to extend their MCT to accommodate AA’s operational shortcomings. I do.
mrcool1122 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wendyg
They could have been rebooked while in the air...or they may have allowed extra time originally...or the receiving flight may have been delayed too. You just don't know.

wg
Off hand the cities mentioned were OKC, MIA, ORD and LHR.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
tight connection
That’s the customers problem for booking a tight connection.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
I’m always in a hurry and we shouldn’t allow AA to constantly get away with their continued delays. Since AA is so operationally bad they should be telling customers to extend their MCT to accommodate AA’s operational shortcomings. I do.
How exactly is AA "getting away" with the delays? Their financial performance sucks, relatively. Their ratings/statistics suck.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
There is only so much we as customers can control. We can't control an AA delay whether that be mechanical, weather, or other. It happens with all airlines. Does it happen more with AA than others? Yes, IMO. So your choice is choose another airline or add a longer connection - which it looks like you do. I also try and book a reasonable connection but that isn't always possible. There are times where if I want to leave on the last flight out for the night I need to take a risky connection or stay until the next day. I'm willing to take that risk when necessary and if there is a delay I'd hope passengers who have an extra minute or two can be a decent person and let me pass through.

You're not sticking it to AA and allowing them to get away with delays by not being courteous, you're sticking it to the other passengers. To me it's no different than waiting a few extra seconds to hold a door for someone.
trooper likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
The flight was 2 hours late and there were still people with the possibility of making their connections???
Given that AA now offers domestic SAAver awards with 12-hour (or longer) connections, there could very well have been connecting passengers on that flight who could have remained comfortably seated for a LONG time after the flight arrived.
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I think this announcement says more about the people who are frustrated by it than the FA/airline.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
As you mentioned being in a hurry, and based on your comments, you shouldn't be flying AA if you are expecting on time performance. Statistic are out there showing that AA is certainly not the leader in this area.
clbish likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Talk about entitled, jeebus
chrisny2, miadukes, etiene and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:45 pm

Not everyone books a tight connection. Some things are out of the control off the traveler sometimes. I personally booked a 3.5 hour layover in ORD because we have customs to go through. AA changed flight times and moved mine up over an hour and a half. So now I have less than 2 hours to get through customs, get on the bus to another terminal, and get on my connecting flight home.
MiamiFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
If the flight bought was last minute, perhaps, but if the flight was purchase a couple of months in advance no doubt that AA shifted schedules and the customer has nothing to do with it. I have given up on choosing an 2 month+ advanced purchase flight based on connection time because AA will without a doubt adjust one or both flight times. Just last week, got notice of two flights in August: one where I had a 1.5 hour connection get adjusted into a 50 minute connection, and on the other a 2 hour connection changed into exactly a 40 minute connection (which is the MCT of that airport).
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
In the case of the flight in question as OP reports, it was a two hour delay. Those being allowed to move forward did not schedule a tight connection. So your solution is to punish passengers, who through no fault of their own now are in peril of missing their connection, in order to punish AA.

JonNYC, ijgordon, chrisny2 and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Yes it's frustrating when people get up that either aren't connecting or have lots of time. It always amazes me how people will doddle, particularly those in F, clueless to that there might be 100+ people behind them trying to make a connection or at least get food/go to the bathroom/etc. before continuing on. The rebanking of hubs has made connections worse, thank god Miami is the end of the line for me. Most flyers aren't expecting a 2 hour delay and business travelers (well at least not the ones on FT) haven't got the time nor the desire to book a 3-4 hour connection so they can sit in an AC.
arollins likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
If they were still able to make their connecting flight, even after a two hour delay, you cannot chastise them for booking a “tight connection”.

Just my thoughts, but you are right. AA does a ton of $hit wrong.

chrisny2, wrp96 and etiene like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.