Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What American Eagle flights are assigned to LAX cabin crews?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What American Eagle flights are assigned to LAX cabin crews?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by donotblink

FAs only get paid once the door is closed...
On AA, the pay clock runs from release of the parking brake to setting of the parking brake, logged by the pilot.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
On AA, the pay clock runs from release of the parking brake to setting of the parking brake, logged by the pilot.
It is based on the time that ACARS picks up (parking brake to parking brake). It does not require manual logging in most cases.

As for flight attendant pay rates, they get paid adequately on the major carriers. Yes, they don't "get paid" for the boarding/deplaning time. However, they get paid a "higher rate" for the actual flight time. It all evens out and they make a decent salary (particularly for the less than stellar level of service that we often get in the US). Frankly, if the pay is not good enough, they need to find another job.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by fotographer
There are plenty of other jobs that are available to those that choose not to be come a FA.. My wife has a few friends from College that went directly to work for AA, its because its something that wanted to do, they are still working at AA today
Granted everyone has a bad day now and then, but in this case, it just seems that the FA could not care less on what had happened...
If you dont like your job, then move on.. there are probably plenty of applicants that would like a chance to become a FA
I'm not defending this FA. What I'm saying is the low pay factor at regionals probably isn't going to attract those with the greatest life skills. A job you can love may be important but I know of nowhere in the US where an individual can independently live on $25K a year.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I'm not defending this FA. What I'm saying is the low pay factor at regionals probably isn't going to attract those with the greatest life skills. A job you can love may be important but I know of nowhere in the US where an individual can independently live on $25K a year.
I know of lots of places in the US where an individual can independently live on $25k a year, particularly with a health plan.

I know even more places in the US where individuals will happily live on $25k a year with roommates, NYC and LAX being a couple of those places. Hang around a nice bar in WeHo or Manhattan/Brooklyn and there will be lots of people there making less than $25k but living with 3/4 roommates. Throw a flight pass into that mix and you'll have a line of people with good life skills waiting to apply. Unfortunately, those life skills seem to fade away as their earnings and seniority increase.

Last edited by C17PSGR; Apr 23, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by luitje
...Imagine my confusion when I was returning to my seat and got a pile of napkins from this cabin crew accompanied with: ”now, go clean your mess” (exact her words, I kid you not). I was so baffled that just took those napkins and spent next 10 minutes removing coffee stains from my seat.
Being told by the FA to clean her mess is not what the "must follow crew member instructions" means.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I know of lots of places in the US where an individual can independently live on $25k a year, particularly with a health plan.

I know even more places in the US where individuals will happily live on $25k a year with roommates, NYC and LAX being a couple of those places. Hang around a nice bar in WeHo or Manhattan/Brooklyn and there will be lots of people there making less than $25k but living with 3/4 roommates. Throw a flight pass into that mix and you'll have a line of people with good life skills waiting to apply. Unfortunately, those life skills seem to fade away as their earnings and seniority increase.
Both scenarios posted above sounds equally dreadful.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by enviroian
Both scenarios posted above sounds equally dreadful.
Yet every day, dozens/hundreds of well-educated people in their 20's move into NYC/LA because they want to live there and experience NYC/LA life rather than work in a better paying job with a lower cost of living in _______________ (Cincinnati/Indianapolis/Houston/Salt Lake/Denver/fillintheblank).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Yet every day, dozens/hundreds of well-educated people in their 20's move into NYC/LA because they want to live there and experience NYC/LA life rather than work in a better paying job with a lower cost of living in _______________ (Cincinnati/Indianapolis/Houston/Salt Lake/Denver/fillintheblank).
Hey I get it. I lived in Chicago downtown in a dump in my 20's but wanted to be in the action. The problem is when you go out in these cities your disposable income is zilch based on those salaries. Not sure how much you can enjoy NYC and LA life when you need every penny to make rent.

To each their own.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hey I get it. I lived in Chicago downtown in a dump in my 20's but wanted to be in the action. The problem is when you go out in these cities your disposable income is zilch based on those salaries. Not sure how much you can enjoy NYC and LA life when you need every penny to make rent.

To each their own.
As some one that lived in NYC for 17 years making a low six figure I can assure you someone living in NYC, and I mean Queens or Brooklyn not Manhattan, and with several roommates would find living on $25K a year a life of wanting. They'd be constantly broke. Yes being a FA would allow them to travel (first year FA in the majors make around $30K) but remember they are working. Take a look at the job of a young FA doing the ATL/MCI DFW/MCO type trips-it's not glamorous by any stretch of the imagination. Many young FA live in cheaper cities but then they are forced to commute often adding a day or two onto their work schedule-for which they aren't being paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.