Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:07 pm

I actually agree that they should not give me the 3k bonus to make it to 1m. I agree that I should fly it all the way thru.

My question was more to get the opinion of the fellow flyers and as a comparison to the situation where people are short a few miles to get to 50k, which happened to me once and I asked American and they actually did give me the platinum status (I was short that year about 190 miles). 997k miles of 1 m is about 99.7% of the mark which is about the same as being about 150 miles short of 50k. That was my angle on the question.

I want to make a correction. I was not EXP for 6 years. I had elite status with AA for 6 years. 2 years as EXP, 3 years as platinum and one year as gold. I flow a lot (especially mia-rio, mia-eze and to Europe) until the economic tank and I was grounded or force to fly cheaper airlines (I hate spirit but had to use it FLL-PTY, FLL_BOG, FLL-SJO) so that is why it has taken me so long to reach the last few miles in AA. On the old days I would have done 3k half way to BA and half way thru my 4th scotch seating on business. jajajaja

I have a mia-bog trip coming up on January but that would leave me just even closer as I need 3600 miles and that would be about 3100 miles. So I guess it would actually take 2 more trip to make it.

thanks for all the replies.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:22 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
Citi Aadvantage World Elite - 10K EQM and MM balance

In the Wiki it states that the 10K EQM, earned for a $40K spend on the Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite Card, will count for Million Miler status. I got the card last year, achieved the spend and saw the EQM post to my account but it did not update my MM balance (which is currently at 910,000 miles). Should this have increased my MM balance?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by chelsea2
In the Wiki it states that the 10K EQM, earned for a $40K spend on the Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite Card, will count for Million Miler status. I got the card last year, achieved the spend and saw the EQM post to my account but it did not update my MM balance (which is currently at 910,000 miles). Should this have increased my MM balance?
No. EQMs have nothing to do with MM miles. In fact its important to note that MM are ACTUAL miles flown, not even minimum 500 miles per segment as an elite. So if you are flying lots of sub 500 legs, you're EQMs, RDMs, etc will go up much faster than your MM balance.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by imapilotaz
No. EQMs have nothing to do with MM miles. In fact its important to note that MM are ACTUAL miles flown, not even minimum 500 miles per segment as an elite. So if you are flying lots of sub 500 legs, you're EQMs, RDMs, etc will go up much faster than your MM balance.
Does this mean that flights paid for with miles count towards MM?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Which is kind of frustrating. When I got the Delta Skymiles Amex that came with 15,000 MQM, they counted towards Million Miler status.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by NYCRuss
Does this mean that flights paid for with miles count towards MM?
No, never.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Wiki probably needs to be updated in that case. I don't have the card, so can't provide a data point.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:12 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks for the quick response. Did this change since the time the wiki was written? Can someone please update the wiki.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They really went from the most inclusive definition of miles for MM status, to the least.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Can someone please update the wiki.
Done.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by josephstern
They really went from the most inclusive definition of miles for MM status, to the least.
Last I checked, United doesn't count miles from *A flights (not sure about codeshares), just their own flights (metal?) ... AA counts all mile-earning OW flights even on partners' own flight #s.

Never understood why they didn't keep CoS bonus; you'd think AA would want to keep around every inducement for paid premium fares that they could. Most of the rest was writing on the wall for a LONG time -- the surprising thing is not that they changed it but that they took 3-4 years after the rumors started to do so.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
you may be confusing the current EQM deal with the benefit (during the 1st year only after the Citi Exec Mastercard became available) where all RDM+bonus miles counted toward lifetime MM status. If I remember correctly, that benefit expired in Dec.2012. Now only BIS miles count.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
ONLY base miles earned are counted.

I'm pretty sure the Executive Card 10,000 EQM one can earn with a $40,000 spend are "phantom" EQM that count only toward AAdvantage status. They don't count for the Million Miler program, they don't become Redeemable Miles either.

There was something different the first year of the card's existence, but since it didn't Impact me, I don't recall exactly what it was - something about EQM, I think.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
ONLY base miles earned are counted.

I'm pretty sure the Executive Card 10,000 EQM one can earn with a $40,000 spend are "phantom" EQM that count only toward AAdvantage status. They don't count for the Million Miler program, they don't become Redeemable Miles either.

There was something different the first year of the card's existence, but since it didn't Impact me, I don't recall exactly what it was - something about EQM, I think.
(Sigh) Seeing this thread just reminded me that I am at:

Million Miler - 471,205
Programto Date Miles - 1,038,691

I thought that I would celebrate my faux crossing with a special pre-departure beverage, but alas, there was none to be found.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Exactly (although from another perspective, one might say the $40k spend has already become 40k RDM -- plus any bonus for spending directly with AA.)

If you signed up before a certain date in 2011, through the end of 2012 card RDM also counted towards MM status. As you said, it was a temporary one-year deal, and couldn't even be had by signing up during 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.