FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1966268-earning-miles-lp-qatar-qr-missing-delayed-miles.html)

enviroian Sep 7, 2020 8:16 pm

EQD help question.

I’m looking at booking a dfw-doh-ist trip on QR over the thanksgiving week. The cost of the ticket is$4600.

mvoight Sep 7, 2020 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32659451)
I’m looking at booking a dfw-doh-ist trip on QR over the thanksgiving week. The cost of the ticket is$4600.

What is the question?

la2clt Sep 7, 2020 8:23 pm

Earning AA miles on Qatar

EQDs based on percent of distance flown based on fare class. Assuming you are in Business class, would either be 20% of miles flown (R,I) or 25% (J,C,D).

enviroian Sep 7, 2020 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 32659466)
What is the question?

sorry. What would be the EQD I would earn for this flight in J.

enviroian Sep 7, 2020 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by la2clt (Post 32659468)
Earning AA miles on Qatar

EQDs based on percent of distance flown based on fare class. Assuming you are in Business class, would either be 20% of miles flown (R,I) or 25% (J,C,D).

thanks. So if it’s a 15k mile return trip it’s either $3k or $3750 in EQD. Not that good.

Tack Sep 7, 2020 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32659479)
thanks. So if it’s a 15k mile return trip it’s either $3k or $3750 in EQD. Not that good.

If you’re looking to bag more EQD’s vs fare paid. You’re not getting the best deal. But if you’re looking to fly one of the best airlines in the world and were just curious on the EQD earn? There ya go. Honestly, you can’t lose. Enjoy!

FYI, I try to take at least one QR round trip each year to help requal as an EP. And as a treat and forced vacation for the wife and I. I look for a QR J fare at no more than 2400.00 RT. Depending on routing I can grab between 3800-4200 EQD’s. I’m still trying to use my LAX-KUL tickets that were scheduled for early April this year. Cheers.

enviroian Sep 7, 2020 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tack (Post 32659502)
If you’re looking to bag more EQD’s vs fare paid. You’re not getting the best deal. But if you’re looking to fly one of the best airlines in the world and were just curious on the EQD earn? There ya go. Honestly, you can’t lose. Enjoy!

FYI, I try to take at least one QR round trip each year to help requal as an EP. And as a treat and forced vacation for the wife and I. I look for a QR J fare at no more than 2400.00 RT. Depending on routing I can grab between 3800-4200 EQD’s. I’m still trying to use my LAX-KUL tickets that were scheduled for early April this year. Cheers.

I flew QR j lax-doh-sin 4 years ago and it was the most amazing experience. Yes I’m looking for the best EQD value in J on one world to IST.

IADCAflyer Sep 7, 2020 9:27 pm

QR is the cat's meow - especially in comparison to AA. The EQDs aren't so hot though. Can you get an QR flight with an AA code on it?

Antarius Sep 7, 2020 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 32659541)
QR is the cat's meow - especially in comparison to AA. The EQDs aren't so hot though. Can you get an QR flight with an AA code on it?

I believe that was being talked about but hasn't happened yet. But my recollection was from a few months ago, so it could have changed since then.

IADCAflyer Sep 7, 2020 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 32659544)
I believe that was being talked about but hasn't happened yet. But my recollection was from a few months ago, so it could have changed since then.

Huh. You're probably right. My GF flew to DOH this past spring and I can't remember if it was BA or QR - something tells me it was BA as the flight was AA coded: BOS-LHR-DOH.

enviroian Sep 8, 2020 9:01 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 32659541)

I found the fare on google flights and the re-direct was to QR. I'm looking for the best J ticket to any open country in Europe over the Thanksgiving week via a OW airline. I have an itinerary in place already but am going to cancel it since BUD won't let me in. I'll have $2400 coming back refund from BA for that trip.

SkyTeam777 Jun 17, 2021 7:02 am

is it better to book AA-coded QR-operated flights or QR-coded and operated flights when it comes to maximizing EQD and EQM?

AAExecPlatFlier Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am

Depends on the booking code and fare paid. you just have to do the math.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 33335485)
is it better to book AA-coded QR-operated flights or QR-coded and operated flights when it comes to maximizing EQD and EQM?

SkyTeam777 Jun 17, 2021 9:08 am

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier (Post 33335716)
Depends on the booking code and fare paid. you just have to do the math.

It's R and I, but can't decide if I need to have it as an AA code and not a QR code. From what I recall, there is a big difference, but the website doesn't clarify.

Kacee Jun 17, 2021 9:17 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 33335834)
It's R and I, but can't decide if I need to have it as an AA code and not a QR code. From what I recall, there is a big difference, but the website doesn't clarify.

If you book as an AA codeshare, it will accrue per the AA chart. If you book under the QR flight numbers (or on QR stock), it will accrue per the QR chart. The biggest differences are the EQM bonus and how EQD are calculated.

Note that a QR R fare is not eligible for Al Mourjan lounge access and does not include advance seat assignments (OWS/OWE can select seats for free).