FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1966268-earning-miles-lp-qatar-qr-missing-delayed-miles.html)

sidthesquid Apr 21, 2019 8:49 am

In my experience, QR typically post the Wednesday (Doha time) after your flight. If you fly on Tuesday they post the next day, if you fly on Wednesday you have to wait a week.

dciolli Apr 21, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by sidthesquid (Post 31022374)
In my experience, QR typically post the Wednesday (Doha time) after your flight. If you fly on Tuesday they post the next day, if you fly on Wednesday you have to wait a week.

This was my exact experience last month. Outbound on Thursday posted the next Wednesday a couple of weeks later, the inbound on Saturday posted the next Wednesday.

Brad451113 Jun 5, 2019 9:26 pm

Earning EQM etc. DFW to MLE on Qatar

Trying to book business from DFW to MLE through DOH on Qatar. Want to get EQD and EQM for the trip, but can’t seem to find a way to get the AA flight numbers....on AA’s website it is not offering me QR flights from DFW via DOH.

Any tips/advice. Want to make sure I get my EQM/EQD

thanks

DMPHL Jun 5, 2019 9:29 pm

AA no longer codeshares with QR, so you are not going to get an AA flight number.

You’ll earn EQMs and EQDs, however, according to the QR earning chart on AA’s website.

Brad451113 Jun 5, 2019 9:38 pm

Thanks. Sorry a bit confused. On AA site it says that they have to be booked as an AA flight number.

Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by Qatar will earn AAdvantage® award miles, Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs), Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) according to the American mileage accrual chart.

AAExpDFW Jun 5, 2019 9:57 pm

Not sure where your quote above is from, but refer to this page: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ines/qatar.jsp

EQM and EQD is based on fare class and miles flown.

Brad451113 Jun 5, 2019 10:09 pm

The paragraph I tried to quote is the second paragraph below the chart you referenced.

I was looking at that chart, but was then misreading that one line in the paragraph as if to say, if it is not an AA flight number, regardless of metal, then you don’t get EQM’s/EQD’s.

I get get it now. I re-read the paragraph that I posted above from the angle of being concerned that If booked an AA flight number but on QR metal, would I get EQD’s and EQM’s. And it makes more sense.

Thanks for all the help

platbrownguy Jun 5, 2019 11:21 pm

"If you book AA flight numbers then you earn AA EQD" doesn't mean "If you don't, then you earn nothing."

Nor is similar logic ever availing except against the illogical.

iadisgreat Aug 2, 2019 11:05 am

Originally Posted by dciolli (Post 31022791)
This was my exact experience last month. Outbound on Thursday posted the next Wednesday a couple of weeks later, the inbound on Saturday posted the next Wednesday.

Didn't happen for me last week, we'll see what the 5th brings!
​​​​​

fotographer Aug 3, 2019 2:31 am

its been a week and 2 days since my outbound, and well I am already back home now.. lets see when it posts, always save the ticket stubs

iadisgreat Aug 6, 2019 6:00 pm

My flights from 7/21 and 7/22 posted as separate transactions overnight last night 8/5-8/6 (15 and 14 days later). I flew home on 8/1, but hope I don't need to wait until 9/5 for them as it's a nice EQD bump.

fotographer Aug 7, 2019 4:37 am

my outbound posted after 14 days.. not bad,... waiting for the return. (that will re-up EXP for next year)

PGFlyer85 Aug 7, 2019 7:04 am

I have had to file for credit with BPs for QR previously. Only OW airline I’ve had to do that for in the last five years.

aglp2k Sep 2, 2019 4:59 pm

Data point:

I flew on August 22 and August 23. My miles to AA posted on September 2nd around 5 am Central US time for both segments.

I also flew on Malaysian airlines and the miles posted around 24 hours after the flight landed.

worldiswide Sep 2, 2019 9:20 pm

Thanks for this thread. Flying QR later this year and helps to know what to expect. A little OT but just went thru AA cust svc on the posting of RJ miles and were told that RJ had to verify and had 30 days to do so. We only had ticket numbers no boarding passes and it all worked out.