Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Spirit isn't the worst airline in America anymore" - they beat AA (USA Today).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Spirit isn't the worst airline in America anymore" - they beat AA (USA Today).

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Upgrade success of an individual doesn’t extrapolate to the group.

I’m 5 for 10 on transcons using miles/copay each time. Would be zero if I used complimentary upgrades.

And 2 for 4 on short hops using complimentary.

Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Click bait. Grabs Spirit and AA out of the mix and doesn't even show the rankings of all airlines.

Delta is #1 . And they're pretty much all improving.

https://airlinequalityrating.com/
As far as I am concerned Delta is lousy. AA is my preferred US airline by a good margin. It is also the only one to still offer a true F cabin on some tanscon and int’l flights.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by CPRich
Worse than Spirit Airlines.

Let that sink in.
At least AA can say their miles are worth something, unlike Delta.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
At least AA can say their miles are worth something, unlike Delta.
As long as you don't mind a double connection and overnight on a domestic award ticket.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by SFO777
As long as you don't mind a double connection and overnight on a domestic award ticket.
Hey be nice! I’m just found a saver J dfw-iah. I have to connect at smf but I’ll get there.

Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Funny, I didn't seem to have an issue flying from SYR >> RSW with a connection in Philadelphia.

I'm sorry you've had difficulty with AA awards in the past.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny, I didn't seem to have an issue flying from SYR >> RSW with a connection in Philadelphia.
I'm sorry you've had difficulty with AA awards in the past.
LOL. Two minor outstations that few people care about.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1961800-aadvantage-milesaaver-through-award-fares-new-march-2019-a.html.
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:42 pm

LOL. Two minor outstations that few people care about. Perhaps you should visit url=https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1961800-aadvantage-milesaaver-through-award-fares-new-march-2019-a.html.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize visiting Naples, Ft. Myers, and Siesta Keys are non-destinations.

When I can get a morning, round trip 1st class ticket in the morning for 50,000 miles (compared to 80,000 on Delta) - you make yourself look ridiculous. Why would I want to redeem for 1 cent per mile when I can redeem for 1.6 cents per mile?

They call Delta's miles Skypesos for a reason.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sorry, I didn't realize visiting Naples, Ft. Myers, and Siesta Keys are non-destinations.
When I can get a morning, round trip 1st class ticket in the morning for 50,000 miles (compared to 80,000 on Delta) - you make yourself look ridiculous. Why would I want to redeem for 1 cent per mile when I can redeem for 1.6 cents per mile?
They call Delta's miles Skypesos for a reason.
Glad it works for you. But for most of us flying between medium and large cities, AA no longer works for convenient domestic saverredemptions. IMO/IME, there is little difference between DL and AA, just variations on the same theme. I recently booked JFK-LHR on VS for 50,000 Skypesos and $5.60 which is far better than AA's 57,500 miles and $600 for BA.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then there's DL. Now that's impressive.
Well, if the lesson is "you need to get worse before you can get better" then maybe there's hope for AA some day. Or not, at least with DP.
TheDudeAbides and SFO777 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Glad it works for you. But for most of us flying between medium and large cities, AA no longer works for convenient domestic saverredemptions. IMO/IME, there is little difference between DL and AA, just variations on the same theme. I recently booked JFK-LHR on VS for 50,000 Skypesos and $5.60 which is far better than AA's 57,500 miles and $600 for BA.
Exactly. Further, SkyTeam (and Star Alliance for that matter) offer much greater and better partner airlines.

BA sucks and I don’t consider a 115K RT + $1000 surcharge an award. There’s IB yes but it’s scarce. Oh I forgot Finnair but they have what 10 planes ? Lol

OneWorld is a joke.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
This particular clickbait rating includes exactly four specific criteria: Mishandled baggage, IDB rate (duh, they all went down, thanks Dr. Dao), consumer complaint rate, and on-time arrival percentage. That's it. Absolutely no other criteria.
I don’t believe Spirit even transfers connecting checked bags.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I’m whatever they call the top tier of earned status. AA’s service is l8ke a canker sore - bad in itself and lasts longer than you want it to.

AA can’t deliver on even the most basic customer service expectations.

Lets hope they they hit bottom and go into some kind of corporate rehab.
Spiff, ijgordon and TheDudeAbides like this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I’m whatever they call the top tier of earned status. AA’s service is like a canker sore - bad in itself and lasts longer than you want it to. AA can’t deliver on even the most basic customer service expectations. Lets hope they they hit bottom and go into some kind of corporate rehab.
+1

I was a 10 year EXP until this year. Even willingly paid more to fly AA because it was worth it... until Parker et al showed up. I now show AA the same loyalty they now show me... zero. I play the field and buy based on price, convenience and service.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
Exactly. Further, SkyTeam (and Star Alliance for that matter) offer much greater and better partner airlines.

BA sucks and I don’t consider a 115K RT + $1000 surcharge an award. There’s IB yes but it’s scarce. Oh I forgot Finnair but they have what 10 planes ? Lol

OneWorld is a joke.
I really do not understand why you spend so much time here if you hate AA and OW so so much. I loathe UA and therefore dont fly them or bother to read their board.
JonNYC, CFM3RD, ijgordon and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.