Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA; Hilton
Also want to add, that even though I know it’s a fire training exercise, the plane on fire across the field is a bit disconcerting.
coxm likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by LAXer
Also want to add, that even though I know it’s a fire training exercise, the plane on fire across the field is a bit disconcerting.
Don't worry, that's just there for "ambiance".
coxm, AAway, Justin Case and 1 others like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Newbie poster here. In the Flagship lounge now, but not eligible for the fine dining. So no Krug or filet mignon, but the food is still delicious with lots of unusual offerings, like Chopped Brisket in Adobo with sautéed onions and made-to-order Asian-style pancakes. Besserat Brut on the self-serve bar. I don’t think I’m allowed to post photos, but will be here for several more hours and can answer questions.
I also have shots of QR LAX (be there on Sunday), NRT Sakura lounge (and its beer pouring machine!), HKG CX 1st & Business, CDG CX noodle bar, KUL, AMN, BKK, PEK/PVG-Air China 1st & business.lounges. I just don't post because y'all might actually might think you were getting a 1st class experience, when you are actually getting an Applebees buffet., Again, YMMV

ORD-used to be able to rival CX before they moved-Now tired sushi, uninspired soups, and (usually) dried out "warm" offerings. YMMV or have different/lower standards.
JFK- can still be good, but hit or miss- either really good, or going for...yechhh YMMV
MIA- If they have Scallops and/or Lamb chops its a great day! After that ... YMMV

Not necessarily negative, just managing expectations. Flagship Lounge is AA management's attempt to .........
Old May 16, 2019, 6:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The fire trainer has been there for years. They practice regularly, and it’s actually pretty impressive and heartening, IMO.
Attached Images  
Old May 16, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, the Filet Mignon is available in the Flagship First Dining area which has a much more restrictive access policy than the rest of the Flagship Lounge, but yes, nice touch even if one doesn't necessarily believe it is the best cut of steak..
I've tried Flagship First Dining at LAX & JFK and it looks like the FFD at DFW has a marked improvement in quality? The Flagship buffet area looks about the same as at JFK, ORD, LAX, but that's not a bad thing at all- the buffet was high quality imo.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:45 pm

Fitting on such a grand occasion of a grand opening, one of the flights whose pax would make use of the new amenities, AA50 DFW-LHR took off nearly 5 hours late.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Please see the following link for 50+ pictures I took of the new Flagship Lounge at DFW. To comply with FT policy, this is my blog from which I do profit:

https://andystravelblog.boardingarea...lounge-review/

Just WOW!
Can't wait for my Q3 international flights (F to F) with 6h30m layover in DFW. Guess where I will be!
BTW, does Flagship has quiet rooms (take a nap and such)?
Thanks OP for the blog post and pics.
wrp96 and Antarius like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

AA official pictures

Flagship Lounge

Flagship Dining

Flagship Dining menus

Source: Newsroom - Layover Luxury: American Airlines Brings Flagship Experience to DFW - American Airlines Group, Inc.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Admirals Club

While there are no official photos of the Admirals Club, blogger Craig Tadlock has published a thoughtful review here:

https://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/
In short, it’s a very nice, new space, as you’d expect. The majority of the space consists of a large, open room with high ceilings and lots of natural light. Huge windows overlook a few of the gates used for AA’s big planes on international routes and the runways on the west side of the airport. The space is tastefully decorated, with light wood accents and large photos of DFW-area sites. Comfy chairs abound, with plenty of power ports and wireless charging stations. It’s certainly a fine place to relax and unwind before your flight.

One thing we noticed about this Club is that it’s smaller than we expected, certainly smaller than its new counterpart in Terminal A. We suspect that this is because of design choices made in allocating space between this Admirals Club and the also-new Flagship Lounge next door.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Any Comments on the Terminal D AC?

Unfortunately I'll be on a domestic only itinerary on Memorial Day weekend, so no access to the FL, so curious to hear impressions on the Terminal D AC. I highly doubt my connecting flight to ORD will depart from that terminal, so wondering if it will be worth making the trek over to to check it out on this trip.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Unfortunately I'll be on a domestic only itinerary on Memorial Day weekend, so no access to the FL, so curious to hear impressions on the Terminal D AC. I highly doubt my connecting flight to ORD will depart from that terminal, so wondering if it will be worth making the trek over to to check it out on this trip.
Same here. I have 3+ hours to kill on Thursday afternoon/evening in DFW. I intend to check out the new AC in D, take some pics, and then retreat to the terminal my flight is departing from.
GTITAN and wrp96 like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
My favorite part of the D club prior to this was the TV area that was somewhat hidden down by the bar. It was at the far end of the club - if you were facing the bar, it was to your left around a corner.

Where does it fall in all of this now?
Old May 17, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Indeed. Since this is the AA forum, it should be a tire fire.

Old May 17, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by bchandler02
My favorite part of the D club prior to this was the TV area that was somewhat hidden down by the bar. It was at the far end of the club - if you were facing the bar, it was to your left around a corner.

Where does it fall in all of this now?
If you're asking about the Admiral's Club, and not the Flagship Lounge, here you go: https://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/
JDiver and teemuflyer like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: CK or bust
It just amazes me that they can do this without a kitchen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.