Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA127 (DFW-PVG) hit with hail... 4/13 Storm @ DFW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA127 (DFW-PVG) hit with hail... 4/13 Storm @ DFW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Eonflux
So I was told no more flight to LAX until Tuesday, everything been cancelled or are full. Looked like I’m gonna have to find another carrier to go home. I cannot stay here till Tuesday
There are 14 seats available on AA1472 (DFW-ONT) at 8:55am tomorrow including an F. ONT is about a 1 to 1.5 hour uber ride to LAX on a sunday morning.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
There are 14 seats available on AA1472 (DFW-ONT) at 8:55am tomorrow including an F. ONT is about a 1 to 1.5 hour uber ride to LAX on a sunday morning.
Yea I saw that option but honestly it’s been a long freaking day. I just booked myself on a southwest flight out tomorrow and be done with this. The ride cost probably is going to cost almost as the same as the ticket.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Eonflux

Yea I saw that option but honestly it’s been a long freaking day. I just booked myself on a southwest flight out tomorrow and be done with this. The ride cost probably is going to cost almost as the same as the ticket.
That works too, just for reference Uber's about $75 to $100 between the two.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My 36 hour jaunt to Buenos Aires from Boston got ruined (cancelled and claimed trip in vain refund). BOS-DFW-EZE, as the AA1148 last departure of BOS DFW flight never made it out of Boston with the delays. Sigh, 1.5 hrs sitting on tarmac after boarding with normal push back only to return to gate, by then too late for me to do anything for alternatives.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Stripe
Well AA ops at DFW must be in an epic mess. My AA1205 from DFW to AUS at 10:50 pm tomorrow night was cancelled about an hour ago. Per EF: "CXLD DUE TO PREVIOUS WEATHER RELATED". Not sure they can defend a cancellation 28.5 hours in advance as weather related.
On Twitter JonNYC said there are 28 planes out of service due to hail damage. Perhaps because of that?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by wrp96

On Twitter JonNYC said there are 28 planes out of service due to hail damage. Perhaps because of that?
Probably. Odd that they would cancel the last flight of the day and not, for example, the one an hour before that. Both are 737-800s. Waiting for my callback now to try to get my wife and I rebooked on a DTW-AUS nonstop this evening. Hoping the 2 available F seats don't disappear before I get an agent, and that agent will do the switch.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Probably. Odd that they would cancel the last flight of the day and not, for example, the one an hour before that. Both are 737-800s. Waiting for my callback now to try to get my wife and I rebooked on a DTW-AUS nonstop this evening. Hoping the 2 available F seats don't disappear before I get an agent, and that agent will do the switch.
crossing fingers for you
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:50 pm

Sounds like you want a rebooking on DL. Will they do that for "previous weather relayed delays"?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by wrp96
crossing fingers for you
Originally Posted by chuck1
Sounds like you want a rebooking on DL. Will they do that for "previous weather relayed delays"?
On the DL DTW-AUS nonstop now, but no thanks to AA. AAgent did agree to the rebooking on DL but couldn't get Delta to release seats. So I went ahead and just booked a DL ticket on my own. DL coach ticket was only $10 more than the unused value of my AA F ticket. I'll get a refund on that.

The early Monday morning DTW-DFW-AUS itinerary they rebooked for us is now delayed about 3.5 hours, putting us into DFW hours after our connection. All DFW-AUS flights zeroed out tomorrow. Glad I took matters into my own hands. Too bad AA just can't handle weather.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by bht-kevin
Drive to Austin and fly from there? Its only 3 hours by car. Houston would have more options and its 4.5 hours.
DFW-IAH is only 4.5 hours if you have to follow the police for an hour. Definitely less than 4.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
AAgent did agree to the rebooking on DL but couldn't get Delta to release seats.
I had a similar issue last month on a DTW-LGA flight that went mechanical. There were plenty of seats on a few DL flights, but no AAgent was able to see the availability - one even offered to contact a DL liaison, but they refused to release seats. So much for the interline agreement...
enviroian and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Wow. I live just a few miles W of KDFW. We didn't get the hail. Good thing... since my brand new truck was not in the garage!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by stewlevine
DFW-IAH is only 4.5 hours if you have to follow the police for an hour. Definitely less than 4.
That first hour south of Dallas on I-45, you better go the speed limit. There's a string of 3-4 small cities that do aggressive speed enforcement as a revenue-generator (they're certainly not doing it to protect their citizens from people speeding on the interstate that don't even stop in their town). I've driven that stretch several dozen times over the past 20 years, and there is not a single time when I haven't seen at least one person pulled over for speeding in at least one of those towns, even in the middle of the night. Once you get past those bergs, you can go much faster, and it's unlikely you'll get a ticket unless you're being really stupid about it.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: None
The storms were crazy here in DFW. Qantas had to divert and backtrack to PHX right before hitting a storm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.