Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

which hub(s) do you think AA really values?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which hub(s) do you think AA really values?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
We will see just how much AA values LAX when/if they release the definitive terminal improvement plan for T4. If they really do commit to a +$1BN T4 rebuild they are clearly indicating that LAX is a valuable hub or at least a lot more valuable than JFK where the announced expansion is just the minimum investment possible to support BA's move to T9. Interestingly, that plan was supposed to be completed in November and still hasn't been submitted.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Sometimes, I'm tempted to think it's TYR. AA has 4x daily flights to DFW (100 miles) for a town of 110,00.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
AA isn't willing to slug it out with DL to make NYC, both LGA and JFK, a significant hub. None of us know the financials so it's nothing than second guessing of whether this is the right move. Additionally, DL doesn't have a hub nearby like AA. If you are connecting a hub is a hub. Except FTs that are obsessed with the ACs or ambience of one airport over another.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thedeeg
Agree completely with lots of other posts about how cramped CLT is though. It’s claustrophobic at times, particularly as soon as any kind of delay hits.
it is crowded, but I dont find CLT to be claustrophobic. The main atrium helps a lot with the high ceilings. DFW (A,B,C,E) is far more bunker like, as is LAX (other than the rotunda in T4) and ORD.

I find CLT and DFW to be extremely easy airports to connect in. Other than JFK (only within T8, changing terminals is a disaster), those are my preferred 2 AA hubs.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: None
DFW, CLT, DCA, whatever their most profitable hubs are. A lot of people seem to think they're going to dehub JFK with the frequency reductions but it's just "runway work" and MAX rerouting I suppose.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Score8
More importantly, the beer selection is crappy, though that's the case in LAX as well...
Originally Posted by Ishrion
DFW, CLT, DCA, whatever their most profitable hubs are. A lot of people seem to think they're going to dehub JFK with the frequency reductions but it's just "runway work" and MAX rerouting I suppose.
Adding on, MIA must be falling behind badly with the MAX cuts and DFW has been battered with spring storms in the past months... AA's profitability probably took a drop recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.