Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to J, no seat selection - should I be concerned?

Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond

This is a new one for me. I'm scheduled on flight 211 BOS-LAX on 4-16. Woke up this morning to get the upgrade message, good news. Went to select a seat, no seats available in Business. Called in and was told that I will get a seat at airport check in. There are a lot of seats open in First. Will they being doing op ups to First? Should I be concerned about this? Should I call back? I don't want to get stuck in a middle seat in the back.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
This is a new one for me. I'm scheduled on flight 211 BOS-LAX on 4-16. Woke up this morning to get the upgrade message, good news. Went to select a seat, no seats available in Business. Called in and was told that I will get a seat at airport check in. There are a lot of seats open in First. Will they being doing op ups to First? Should I be concerned about this? Should I call back? I don't want to get stuck in a middle seat in the back.
Sounds to me like HUCA time.

Congrats on the upgrade. What is your rolling EQD? I couldn’t even get an upgrade from IND-DFW and was 11 on the list.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Sounds to me like HUCA time.

Congrats on the upgrade. What is your rolling EQD? I couldn’t even get an upgrade from IND-DFW and was 11 on the list.
About $30K
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
Yea, that flight is F2J0Y4 but with most of the F cabin open and business completely full as you mentioned. Almost certain there will be a few cabin rolls so I wouldn't worry. A number of paid business pax will get pop-ups to F on the day of departure which will free up a few business seats. Just keep an eye on the seatmap starting about 24 hrs out.
stc and enpremiere like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yea, that flight is F2J0Y4 but with most of the F cabin open and business completely full as you mentioned. Almost certain there will be a few cabin rolls so I wouldn't worry. A number of paid business pax will get pop-ups to F on the day of departure which will free up a few business seats. Just keep an eye on the seatmap starting about 24 hrs out.
FYI my experience with op ups is they don’t start processing them until around T-1 when the gate agent starts working the flight. The seat maps could open before that if someone decides to do a paid/instrument upgrade or people booked in J. Either way I think you’ll be fine getting your upgraded seat. Enjoy the ride!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.