Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL parking in terminal (flying out of Terminal E, returning Terminal B)

Old Apr 5, 19, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US

Hello,

I'll be flying out of Terminal E (SW) in PHL but returning in Terminal B (AA). Since we have a ton of stuff (2 strollers, 2 car seats plus luggage), I figured I might as well just park in the long-term terminal parking. It is a one-week trip.

Are the parking in Terminal E and B area connected? So, can I moved the car from parking Terminal E area to Terminal B area without having to exist and pay again for parking in Terminal B?

If I just walk it, what is the best way? Walk inside the terminals or walk in the parking lot?

I appreciate your suggestions.
Old Apr 5, 19, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opus2002 View Post
Hello,

I'll be flying out of Terminal E (SW) in PHL but returning in Terminal B (AA). Since we have a ton of stuff (2 strollers, 2 car seats plus luggage), I figured I might as well just park in the long-term terminal parking. It is a one-week trip.

Are the parking in Terminal E and B area connected? So, can I moved the car from parking Terminal E area to Terminal B area without having to exist and pay again for parking in Terminal B?

If I just walk it, what is the best way? Walk inside the terminals or walk in the parking lot?
I appreciate your suggestions.
If it was me, Id park in an off airport lot , since they will drop me off along side the Departure Term entrance. or next to curb side checkin

Parking in the airport term lots its a long walk to the term
Old Apr 5, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold,Hilton HHonors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
I'd suggest the economy lot. The buses have been revamped starting late 2018. They come very frequently, hold approx. 20 people, and would have space for your whole family. Under the new system, we rarely wait more than 5 minutes in either direction. You'll save money and I do honestly belive it would be less hassle than parking in E and moving over to B, or vice versa.

Otherwise, try Winner. They'll take you to the airport in your car and drop your car back off to you.
Old Apr 5, 19, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Your best bet would be to park in the economy or an off-airport lot as others have suggested. The E garage is not connected to the A/B garage (they’re basically different garage “towers”), however if you don’t have checked bags, you can just walk to the B exit behind security upon arrival. With checked bags, it should still be possible to weave your way around some of the above-ground walkways between the departure and arrivals road, or along the arrivals road sidewalks, but why bother - just choose a lot with a shuttle bus so you don’t have to worry about it. The economy lot or an off-airport lot will almost certainly be much cheaper too versus the $24/day or so that the garages are now.
Old Apr 5, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
You could curb check your bags at T-E on your way out of town then swing the car into B garage so it'll be there on your return. Do realize that AA flights change gates all of the time so you could land at A-west, A, B, or C (doubtful you'd get re-routed to F).

If using the Economy Lot, keep in mind that the economy lot uses two different colored buses for different sections of the lot (red/blue), depending on which zone you parked in.

Being that IT IS PHL and bags seem to arrive in a relaxed manner, you could always split up and have one person retrieve the vehicle, whichever lot you choose, then swing back around to B when the bags arrive. You can easily walk T-B to T-E air side. Or land side, if it's a nice day.

It is pretty expensive to park in the garage compared to the economy lot.
Old Apr 5, 19, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by airb330 View Post
Otherwise, try Winner. They'll take you to the airport in your car and drop your car back off to you.
Winner is by far the easiest solution. They drop you curbside in your own car so less hassle than lugging strollers and car seats onto the Economy shuttle bus. When you land, call them and they will retrieve you curbside at whichever terminal you arrive in your own car. Traveling with multiple kiddos means opting for convenience and Winner excels on this point.
Old Apr 5, 19, 5:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
I'd suggest using the Parking Spot. You can get Valet or Covered Parking there (in case it's raining). They are competitively priced and have pretty good service. You can easily bring your strollers/car seats on with you.
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:58 pm

If you are willing to pay that much for long term parking, might as well take Uber to and from the airport and let someone else drive.
Old Apr 7, 19, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Thank you so much for all the replies. Maybe I will try Winner to see how it goes.

I usually park at "Pre-flight".

Uber...car seat is an issue there. Putting it on and off. But, it might be an interesting choice. I have used limo before, which I still have to put car seats in. One time, I had luggage delays and issues, the limo service charge extra time (extra $60) for that. So, I am going to pass on them this time.