Seat Choice Inadvertently Moved....Again

Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Seat Choice Inadvertently Moved....Again

As an AA Gold (flew enough to be Platinum but did not spend enough $$) my seat choice was moved when I went to check in on-line. This is the 3rd time I have been relocated from an isle to a window without being consulted . What is going on?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
AA has issued a Vendetta against you for buying cheap fares.

I will assume it is very minor schedule and equipment changes that don’t trigger notifications but do causer the system to reseat everyone and you get sequenced into anything that is not a middle seat. Frustrating? Yes. First World Problem? Yep.
JDiver, Adam1222 and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the counsel yoshi212. I am aware of this occurrence during equip change but this is the same 321 configuration. At least it appears to be the case.
Vendetta is accurate. UA doing same I hear due to spend qualifiers. Corporate insists I buy least expensive fare for obvious reasons. All I really care about is no middle seat and securing nonstop service. Nevertheless this seat change w/o consulting is annoying.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Someone has to sit in the middle seats.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

AA has been making a greater number of equipment changes and substitutions due to the airline merger and deploying aircraft that were previously only scheduled on legacy AA or US routes, due to the refitting if 737-800 and A321-200 aircraft to the densified Oasis standard and the grounding of 24 737 MAX 8 aircraft. And unfortunately, AA isn’t good about retaining seats or seat types when these changes occur, though they say they’ve improved their software - and they certainly don’t notify or consult with passengers. Many of us check our bookings for seat changes a week and 48 hours in advance at the least.

By the way, you can expect this thread will be moved to the American Airlines | AAdvantage forum in the near future, with a trailing link left in this forum.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 7, 2019 at 9:00 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.