Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Software Migration" loses my address. Yours, too?

Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium

Every March, I receive a plastic card (similar to a credit card) indicating that I am Lifetime Platinum, useful at the Gate as the Agents do not easily see my status. NOT a big deal but it's nice to have. This year, nothing arrived. Called C/S and was told that there was "Software Migration" on February 15 and the system lost my address. Situation was corrected. What is "Software Migration?" "I don't know. I'm just reading what it says, sir." No contact from AA since February 15.
Do they have your address or was it lost during "Software Migration?"
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
My account information is unchanged and intact. Perhaps the software migration was the fulfillment center’s for the status cards? I received my lifetime Platinum card ~six weeks ago.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I don't get one every March ... just when I requalify.

But ... your boarding pass should clearly show that you are platinum. Are you saying it doesn't?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I don't get one every March ... just when I requalify.

But ... your boarding pass should clearly show that you are platinum. Are you saying it doesn't?
I think my BP says "Platinum," not Lifetime Platinum. NOT a big deal but nice to have the LP plastic.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uncle wiggily
I think my BP says "Platinum," not Lifetime Platinum. NOT a big deal but nice to have the LP plastic.
Which is your correct status. Lifetime Platinum is Platinum. The lifetime part only means that you don't have to re-qualify year to year and your status will never go below Platinum (but can obviously go up). So never expect that the word "lifetime" will show on a boarding pass.

Just out of curiosity when do you show the LT Platinum card to the gate agent? And what extra perks are you expecting from it?
Steve M and Beltway2A like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
what card... never got one ever
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I haven't received a physical card in many years.

Others still get these?

A BP is never going to say "Lifetime Platinum" on it, as explained above. LT PLT gets you nothing different than PLT on a day-to-day basis.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:04 pm

All you get for lifetime Platinum is a regular platinum card that has million miler # of millions. I had to be sent a new one when my magnetic stripe stopped working in the kiosk, and mine has no expiration date on it. Didn't they say they last year they're going to stop sending them every year to life timers?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CPRich
I haven't received a physical card in many years.

Others still get these?
I actually got the full set last year as due to a quiet travel period in 2017 I had fallen to Gold, but as I passed each level I got a new physical card a few weeks later.

Ended the year back at EXP but with all the cards in between...

The thing to note though is that as Lifetime Gold/Plat, the card does not have an expiry date so if you do not exceed your lifetime level during a year you will not get a new card at the end of the year...
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Mark_T
The thing to note though is that as Lifetime Gold/Plat, the card does not have an expiry date so if you do not exceed your lifetime level during a year you will not get a new card at the end of the year...
This is my understanding as well. I do not receive a card each year.

I would not want my bp to say Lifetime Platinum because some people (not me, of course, ahem) got there not wholly due to BIS miles. Just showing Platinum suggests that I am a regular current customer who [re]qualified last year. My card does say LT but I haven't had to show it in many years.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
I don't even know where my card is. What do you use it for? My status is loaded into my res when my AA# is added. If it's important enough you could get your own card made. Or a badge. Or a t-shirt.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I too have not received a card in many years. But, I really don't want one -- it's just more clutter around the house. I don't see what value it provides, especially when the AA mobile app will show an electronic one.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Guess I will get my "card" when I stop flying AA
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Are the people in this thread that don't get the card getting the welcome packet? For EXP it used to include your card, bag tags, and the outstanding service certificates. Other levels just had the card and the certs. I have a stack of AA elite cards that I have given to my kids. I find it hard that EXPs have never received a physical card in the welcome packet. I did requalify for PlatPro in January, but haven't received anything yet.

Last edited by skunker; Apr 3, 2019 at 9:16 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.