Wiki Posts
Search

Strange denial of boarding on MAN-PHL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by mvoight
It is not a matter of him being there 30 minutes prior. He simply had to be there 10 minutes early as AA own C of C's indicate
the interesting thing I’m seeing with this story is people are convinced you are required to be there at T30, from some passengers to the agents, etc. They’ve all been told something, so no one bothered to look. Folks should read these conditions more carefully, I reckon AA has paid exec salaries on fees from this lie alone
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dflanagin
how so? I mean worse just as far as publicity on the case and folks knowing their rights, as far as compensation we just want whats due
I don't think that you will have an issue getting the money. If in England, just use Money Claim Online and I expect that the airline will just pay up once it is in. I think that you are in for a disappointment if you think that AA is likely to be overly bothered by all this ot involving expensive solicitors ( given that small claims doesn't generally allow for solicitors ) or that this will have any further reaching impact other than reimbursement of costs incurred and EC261 compensation

It will not set any precedent given that it is a small claims action and not "open floodgates"
C17PSGR and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't think that you will have an issue getting the money. If in England, just use Money Claim Online and I expect that the airline will just pay up once it is in. I think that you are in for a disappointment if you think that AA is likely to be overly bothered by all this ot involving expensive solicitors ( given that small claims doesn't generally allow for solicitors ) or that this will have any further reaching impact other than reimbursement of costs incurred and EC261 compensation

It will not set any precedent given that it is a small claims action and not "open floodgates"
you’re probably right, educating my American friends on EC261 is what I’m more interested in (and also it’s fun to argue about something I know about)...I 100% guarantee they will change their CoC or boarding pass or something, maybe even just the MAN ones. If they cut corners to save 200 man hours resulting in a crash (AA191), they aren’t going to risk dropping another $1xxx claim to some mancunian who read my article

Either way, whatever happens happens. Like I said, I’m having a great time doing this. Can’t be disappointed because we’ve passed that threshold

Last edited by dflanagin; Mar 31, 2019 at 6:47 pm Reason: Oops
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:48 pm
Suspended

you’re probably right, educating my American friends on EC261 is what I’m more interested in (and also it’s fun to argue about something I know about)...I 100% guarantee they will change their CoC or boarding pass or something, maybe even just the MAN ones. If they cut corners to save 200 man hours resulting in a crash (AA191), they aren’t going to risk dropping another $1xxx claim to some mancunian who read my article
<shark jumped>
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:55 pm

While you may have a good case AA is not paying any attention. The google results are specific to you and not to anyone else in the world - so it is unlikely anyone else will see that link. The website you posted on has very little traffic. It is ranked around 1 millionth in popularity in the UK.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
While you may have a good case AA is not paying any attention. The google results are specific to you and not to anyone else in the world - so it is unlikely anyone else will see that link. The website you posted on has very little traffic. It is ranked around 1 millionth in popularity in the UK.
this is an unfortunate truth of my university’s website! Not trying to be world famous here, just trying to get my boy $1545 and having fun doing it

when I say American friends I mean my literal friends at home, I’m not taking figuratively here
SunkissedMommy likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
<shark jumped>
I get that it sounds nuts, but I also don’t know why they wouldn’t just change “we may reassign your seat” to “we may adjust your reservation” which is still vague enough to not scare people, but specific enough to cancel Matt’s ticket without fear of some selfrighteous lunatic going on a campaign. 🤷.♂️

Last edited by dflanagin; Mar 31, 2019 at 7:32 pm Reason: Word
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:52 pm

AA is hardly likely to rewrite its CoC based on this small case nor be at all concerned about the case

This is just a simple claim - it is not one that is going to get to the Court of Appeal and set some sort of legal precedent

If you want to educate your friends and make it into something bigger than Ben Hur, perhaps email would be the way to go
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

AA is hardly likely to rewrite its CoC based on this small case nor be at all concerned about the case

This is just a simple claim - it is not one that is going to get to the Court of Appeal and set some sort of legal precedent

If you want to educate your friends and make it into something bigger than Ben Hur, perhaps email would be the way to go
fair enough, although I am also purposefully trying to be as loud as possible regardless of who is listening.
Also I don’t agree this is a simple case. It may appear simple now, but it took me tons of research to get the facts in order, you ever read that international rules pdf? if it was so simple this thread would have been dead days ago.

Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta, United
FWIW, from the states I filed an EU 261 claim directly with an EU based airline for a canceled flight where they did not rebook me. I found some boiler plate language that I used. It took about 10 weeks but in the end it was paid in full, plus the "penalties". The most interesting part was the comment in their reply about resolving the issue in a "Non bureaucrat manner." They transferred the monies directly to my bank in the states.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:36 pm

fair enough, although I am also purposefully trying to be as loud as possible regardless of who is listening.
Also I don’t agree this is a simple case. It may appear simple now, but it took me tons of research to get the facts in order, you ever read that international rules pdf? if it was so simple this thread would have been dead days ago.

It is a simple case. I have read the CoC and is one of 1st places I would have gone to before lodging a claim with AA in order to confirm that the airline was in the wrong

Keep shouting and your credibility is being shot - I don't think that the is a suitable forum for shouting at whether people are listening or not

You do have a fairly basic , straightforward claim - if it wasn't for the change fees imposed it would be no more special than any other EC261 thread

Maybe the UK media will want a break from covering the withdrawal debates from Europe and have a bone to pick with airlines and pick it up.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:50 pm

I'm surprised this, IMO, egocentric tirade has been permitted to continue this long, particularly since the source isn't even the poster. Don't kid oneself, this public thread may actually "hurt" the chances of maximizing any return from AA, if they read it. Posting statements here like: " I think we uncovered deceptive terms (violation of Article 15), and probably additional actual criminal laws they have violated, considering the amount of illegally obtained rebooking fees they have probably generated over the years because of it", may in fact require AA attorneys to get directly involved for more than the intended purpose . Particularly if the facts do not 100% support those claims. Oh well, it's the weekend after all.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by perseus11
I'm surprised this, IMO, egocentric tirade has been permitted to continue this long, particularly since the source isn't even the poster. Don't kid oneself, this public thread may actually "hurt" the chances of maximizing any return from AA, if they read it. Posting statements here like: " I think we uncovered deceptive terms (violation of Article 15), and probably additional actual criminal laws they have violated, considering the amount of illegally obtained rebooking fees they have probably generated over the years because of it", may in fact require AA attorneys to get directly involved for more than the intended purpose . Particularly if the facts do not 100% support those claims. Oh well, it's the weekend after all.
Even $1000/hour attorneys would have a tough time ignoring the language on the BP that their client issued.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:34 am

It is a simple case. I have read the CoC and is one of 1st places I would have gone to before lodging a claim with AA in order to confirm that the airline was in the wrong

Keep shouting and your credibility is being shot - I don't think that the is a suitable forum for shouting at whether people are listening or not

You do have a fairly basic , straightforward claim - if it wasn't for the change fees imposed it would be no more special than any other EC261 thread

Maybe the UK media will want a break from covering the withdrawal debates from Europe and have a bone to pick with airlines and pick it up.
Looking back to the start of this thread, there were posters here postulating AA did nothing wrong and OP's friend would not get refunded, and he should have known about the "30 minute" rule.

Based on the OP's AA quotes, AA are still claiming they did nothing wrong. So it seems AA, at least so far, do not agree it's a "basic, straightforward claim".
Or rather, AA perhaps thinks it's a "basic, easily deniable claim".

The OP has presented his case in an unusually eloquent and easy to understand form and I think many of us are reading with interest
his updates, so I do hope he keeps them coming.

Even if AA do not perform any changes to their BP or written rules, the OP's postings may in the future make it considerably easier for others to successfully
log a claim against AA. Rather than just slink away after getting told by AA they have no claim in similar circumstances, which is what AA are still telling the OP, they may find the OP's articles and see what he did, hopefully successful, and copy his modus operandi, hopefully also with a successful outcome. That's not to say it would not be really fun if some mainstream media picked this up of course.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:36 am
Original Poster

in what way is my credibility being shot? People have been reaching out to me for help with their claims...it seems like I have actually gained credibility, and possibly work because of this.
Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Looking back to the start of this thread, there were posters here postulating AA did nothing wrong and OP's friend would not get refunded, and he should have known about the "30 minute" rule.

Based on the OP's AA quotes, AA are still claiming they did nothing wrong. So it seems AA, at least so far, do not agree it's a "basic, straightforward claim".
Or rather, AA perhaps thinks it's a "basic, easily deniable claim".

The OP has presented his case in an unusually eloquent and easy to understand form and I think many of us are reading with interest
his updates, so I do hope he keeps them coming.

Even if AA do not perform any changes to their BP or written rules, the OP's postings may in the future make it considerably easier for others to successfully
log a claim against AA. Rather than just slink away after getting told by AA they have no claim in similar circumstances, which is what AA are still telling the OP, they may find the OP's articles and see what he did, hopefully successful, and copy his modus operandi, hopefully also with a successful outcome. That's not to say it would not be really fun if some mainstream media picked this up of course.
Thank you. This is my thoughts put into words.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.