Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange denial of boarding on MAN-PHL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gateH15

for international flights I believe they can offload you 30 min before the scheduled departure time. For domestic flights it’s 15 min.
This is true for *most* airlines, but it's not what AA seems to state in the CoC, website, or boarding pass.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is true for *most* airlines, but it's not what AA seems to state in the CoC, website, or boarding pass.
This is the answer. Now if only I could convince AA of this truth...
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

If anyone is interested, here is my blog post about it:

https://airfair.home.blog/2019/03/30...ames-passenger
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Nicely written piece.

I am surprised though that the airline is willing to discuss the travel of another passenger so freely with a third party?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Nicely written piece.

I am surprised though that the airline is willing to discuss the travel of another passenger so freely with a third party?
He signed over representative authority to me as he is in the US but I can deal with it in the UK
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by dflanagin
If anyone is interested, here is my blog post about it:

https://airfair.home.blog/2019/03/30...ames-passenger
Their callous indifference makes me hope for punitive damages.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SouthernCross
Their callous indifference makes me hope for punitive damages.
Thats why I’ve written the blog, hopefully the story will spread and AA will have to answer to the public as well. Working on getting it published in uk media as we speak.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:52 pm

Thats why I’ve written the blog, hopefully the story will spread and AA will have to answer to the public as well. Working on getting it published in uk media as we speak.
Try to send to some local Dallas news. And post on Twitter/FB.
This f D0 stupidity needs to stop and Parker needs to go!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:09 pm

He signed over representative authority to me as he is in the US but I can deal with it in the UK
If you have an address in England, can easily deal with it using MCOL ; there is little chance that it would try to defend it once clearly detailed with the evidence that you have read terms etc and can reference it

AA does seem to be one of the carriers that is reluctant to pay up under EC261

Just do make sure that you have initially lodged a claim at [email protected] and had it rejected there first
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gateH15

Try to send to some local Dallas news. And post on Twitter/FB.
This f D0 stupidity needs to stop and Parker needs to go!
Won’t let me share the fb link, but everyone feel free to share the blog
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you have an address in England, can easily deal with it using MCOL ; there is little chance that it would try to defend it once clearly detailed with the evidence that you have read terms etc and can reference it

AA does seem to be one of the carriers that is reluctant to pay up under EC261

Just do make sure that you have initially lodged a claim at [email protected] and had it rejected there first
currently on our 5th rejection haha
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:53 pm

currently on our 5th rejection haha
Wasn't sure whether you had sent it to the specific EC261 claim email address. If you have, then respond back to that emai address clearly setting out the terms of why it owes it one last time together with the warning that if payment is not received that you will take action without further notice ; I can't see it trying to defend a claim once lodged and it knows that you arn't bluffing
moondog likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Wasn't sure whether you had sent it to the specific EC261 claim email address. If you have, then respond back to that emai address clearly setting out the terms of why it owes it one last time together with the warning that if payment is not received that you will take action without further notice ; I can't see it trying to defend a claim once lodged and it knows that you arn't bluffing
hmm I definitely haven’t sent anything to a specific claim address, I’ll look into that... although I have been sending the last few emails to every executive listed on the elliott.org site, so I cannot imagine it’s gone unseen by the whole lot.

I think the issue is we are claiming for €600 on article 7, both his denied flight segment (300) and his rebooked flight (303) for article 8, and a hotel and food and bus (£200) for article 9, which totals $1545. they are fighting extra hard
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:20 pm

hmm I definitely haven’t sent anything to a specific claim address, I’ll look into that... although I have been sending the last few emails to every executive listed on the elliott.org site, so I cannot imagine it’s gone unseen by the whole lot.

I think the issue is we are claiming for €600 on article 7, both his denied flight segment (300) and his rebooked flight (303) for article 8, and a hotel and food and bus (£200) for article 9, which totals $1545. they are fighting extra hard
Send the claim to [email protected] - if the people managing that email still refuse, then start proceedings - you do need to direct the claim to the right people, not just scattergun around addresses found on the internet
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Send the claim to [email protected] - if the people managing that email still refuse, then start proceedings - you do need to direct the claim to the right people, not just scattergun around addresses found on the internet
okay yes, they were my first contact. I couldn’t remember because I slowly CC’d people when I wasn’t getting anywhere and my last email was just everyone who has ever worked at AA probably 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.