Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - LHR 77W First Class Not For Sale

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
If I had to guess, the thought process is along the lines of - "no one in DFW is going to another airline, so if they can't get their fare sometimes, meh, they'll be back. People connecting could have connected in ATL or IAH, so let's throw them something."

I guess that's the whole point of married segments, but the way AA is managing them seems....confused (or someone knows about someone else in GRU about to make a move). Either way, I don't work in RM/IM/YM, so my thoughts are worth less than the electrons that brought them to your eyes.

​​​​​
Without going to look at exact flight times/feeder flights. Knowing that no one in DFW will go to another airline, lets force them onto less optimal flights time, which are great for O/D traffic (since you don't have connections) and keep the seats on other, better timed flights available for the connections/.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
b) I think we have seen numerous examples lately of AA RM being overzealous (for lack of a better word) lately, and I think-- assuming we don't see this change in the next few months for winter holiday flights, will be another example of same.
This is a good explanation, IMO, along with the married segment elements.

I had this same issue trying to book a PE ticket DFW-LHR last October. W0 P0 on all flights to LHR ex-DFW. But when I put in AUS-DFW-LHR, or any other variety of options, it was W7 P7. Weird.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Not really directly related to DFW-LHR but more generally to the comment about "overzealous" RM folks. AUS-DFW-DUB in J is around $3,100 round trip in July, but SFO-DFW-DUB is $4,890 round trip. Two of us are flying from AUS and a third from SFO. At those prices I am about to book all three from AUS and just get a separate SFO-AUS trip. Seems ridiculous.

It's not like SF is unusually full of people with Irish ancestors clamoring to visit the old country.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Yeah, I just booked 2x TYR-DFW-LHR-WAW R/Ts for $2900 in J the whole way. One for travel next week, the other in November.

ex-DFW was $6800. TYR-DFW is a 102 mile flight.
CFM3RD likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Stripe
Not really directly related to DFW-LHR but more generally to the comment about "overzealous" RM folks. AUS-DFW-DUB in J is around $3,100 round trip in July, but SFO-DFW-DUB is $4,890 round trip. Two of us are flying from AUS and a third from SFO. At those prices I am about to book all three from AUS and just get a separate SFO-AUS trip. Seems ridiculous.

It's not like SF is unusually full of people with Irish ancestors clamoring to visit the old country.
SFO area IS unusually full of big $$$ tech companies who buy lots of tickets in business class. And some of them have European HQ offices in Ireland. (Google, Facebook, Paypal, Microsoft, EBay, LinkedIn, to name a few)
JonNYC, ijgordon and potus18 like this.

Last edited by nachosdelux; Mar 27, 2019 at 7:04 pm
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by econometrics

I had this same issue trying to book a PE ticket DFW-LHR last October. W0 P0 on all flights to LHR ex-DFW. But when I put in AUS-DFW-LHR, or any other variety of options, it was W7 P7. Weird.
Note that this can also work the other way around. On May 3 LHR-PHX is I7 and W7, but LHR-PHX-MFR is I0 and W3. Yet both flights are wide open in terms of seats assigned.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by econometrics

Monday on PVG-DFW, the flight was J0 D0 I0 for a week. Then 1 hour before the flight it became J1 and C inventory opened. Someone seemed to call in and nab it.

I was #3 on the list and it looked like I'd be sitting in the back when they cleared 7 of us at the gate.

I have no idea why they would zero out the flight. It's a 789, so it doesnt have the multiple J configuration issue of the 788 and 772.
econometrics likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.