Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rights to change flight due to AA schedule change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec

what rights (if any) do I have to ask AA to change my flights when an AA schedule change doesnt work well for me? AA moved a flight to slightly less than 2 hours earlier than what i originally booked.

I asked to move to a flight at a time that works better for me and was told that because it is less than a 2 hour time shift i don’t have any right to make a change. These are award tickets and was told there would have to be award availability on my desired flight (which there is not). Is this info correct? are there any “magic words” that might produce a different result here? TIA.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call back. AA is generally very accommodating. The form of payment should not matter so long as the flight you have requested is on AA metal. If anything other than AA metal, that is another story.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by Often1
Call back. AA is generally very accommodating. The form of payment should not matter so long as the flight you have requested is on AA metal. If anything other than AA metal, that is another story.
OK, I will try again. All flights are AA tickets/AA metal. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.