Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
2019 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dgparent
AA re-booked me on DL because AA had a MX that would of caused me to mis-connect, that was 3 weeks ago the one from this week I just asked for a refund and re-booked on DL, I know I will not get ORC for that.
If that's the case just call AA - they normally could add ORC shortly after verifying it was MX.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by dgparent
Weird I emailed asking for that and they came back and said

Unfortunately, we are unable to credit your account with the requested
activity because this airline DELTA AIR LINES does not participate in
the AAdvantage program. Miles are earned only for purchased flights on
American Airlines and American Eagle and for eligible purchased
transactions with other AAdvantage participants.
That is why I said call - the bot that scans the webform/emails is fairly useless.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:02 pm

Flying back from Australia, using AA miles, business class all legs, one leg from SFO to ORD got cancelled. Originally got put onto SFO - PHL - ORD, begged check-in counter for other flight, was placed onto United economy, thankfully SFO - ORD!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:08 pm

Did you have any issues with CX at JFK check in giving you grief about accepting the AA ticket with a J fare upgrading into F?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by chuck1
Did you have any issues with CX at JFK check in giving you grief about accepting the AA ticket with a J fare upgrading into F?
Absolutely not! The EXP agent booked us on the AA coded CX flight (AA 8924) and she did so into "A." Miles have already posted to my AA account correctly. I think being able to use an AA flight number and not have to push the ticket over to CX ticket stock makes it much easier for the agents and they are more likely to do it.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:06 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Quick reminder that the mechanical issues still continue... just using today's ORD/DFW-LHR/CDG as an example:

AA/90 ORD-LHR cxl
AA/46 ORD-LHR currently 2 hrs late

AA/50 DFW-LHR currently 2.5 hrs late
AA/20 DFW-LHR cxl

AA/150 ORD-CDG 2.5 hrs late
AA/48 DFW-CDG 2 hrs late

Adding for good measure: JFK-LAX AA/306 delayed 5.5hrs for mech

Last edited by 1K-SFO; Jul 21, 2019 at 8:22 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Flight 699 rescheduled to the am?

can someone check a log on 699 from Phx/geg Sunday 7/21?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by northernlights1
can someone check a log on 699 from phx/geg sunday 7/21?

phx 818p a10
geg c32 1050p
4phx/out2026 *2226
3phx/etd0700 cra-delay due to crew availability *2359
5phx/flt 0699 stub orig pln dep phx etd 0700 -- phx .rmks ron ftwdp culbertson *0001
7phx/auto reaccom dly flt completed see n*p3aa0699phx21jul *0030*crcymg
2geg/pre0932 *2359
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Thanks for the log. Here is a puzzle to me. This flight did depart from Phoenix and is delayed getting into GEG. But the regularly scheduled flight from PHX-GEG in the am beat the delayed flight. But they aren't swapping aircraft. Both are A319. Is this a difficult thing to do? An aircraft swap? If they did the swap then BOTH flights would leave either on time or less delayed.

UPDATE: Sorry they are not identical aircraft. The first inbound was an A320 and the "delayed an A319. Regardless how difficult are equipment swaps for SAME aircraft type?

Last edited by northernlights1; Jul 22, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:50 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Quick check-in on ORD/DFW-LHR-CDG shows:

AA/150 ORD-CDG currently delayed 2:15
AA/86 ORD-LHR currently delayed 3:50

The DFW flights are on time today (but yesterday's AA/48 DFW-CDG was delayed 5hrs and AA/150 ORD-CDG was delayed 2:15)

Expanding to other markets:
AA/38 MIA-LHR delayed 2:05
AA/160 ORD-ATH delayed 3hrs

All mechanical

Last edited by 1K-SFO; Jul 31, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
14 hour delay at MIA (to merge)

Had an interesting experience at MIA last night. Had a 2 hour connection from POS and on to IAH. The baggage from the flight took an hour to show up, but this was an annoyance compared to the rest of the night. Showed up to the gate half hour early after grabbing something quick at centurion lounge and noticed no boarding had started. Finally around the actual flight time a delay was announced, due to plane problem. Told that alternative plane may be used. Half hour later, told no update, sorry. Hour later, told no update. Another hour passes by, update saying no update. Finally around midnight, the crew walked off the plane due to lack of rest, and the agents announced free hotels for all and the flight would leave 10 hours later. Agents seemed annoyed and seemingly would've preferred to have us there all night. As we lined up at the gate, they told us to go to the gate behind us. Then, two minutes later they told people from that gate to go to another gate for rebooking since there were snacks and toiletries at that gate. Agent was friendly enough, put people at various hotels, I was at the EB which was impressive. Said that actually no toiletries existed and to ask the hotel. Also said that hotel shuttles stop running at midnight so spent half an hour figuring out how to use supershuttle in the middle of the night since we got a $12 voucher. Agent initially sent us outside to arrivals but the embassy suites driver told us to go downstairs to departures. Which looking back makes sense, but I guess at that time of the night at an unfamiliar airport would be tough to figure out. All supershuttle kiosks empty, but finally someone shows up and books. But then two vans drive by, since our booking doesn't match up to the driver's tablet. Finally get to hotel around 130 AM, only to see hotel shuttle was running all along. Should've called hotel straightaway, but guess I wasn't thinking straight at midnight. In morning, get to gate only to see yet another 2 hour delay. All in all, 14 hour delay. But to be fair, AA did give everyone on the flight 15k miles each in the end, which was totally unexpected. But the way it was handled in the airport itself was an embarrassment. Agents seemed annoyed to do their job, and didn't help people actually get to hotels. I felt really bad for the elderly and the people who didn't speak English, agents should've been around in the area where the shuttles were supposed to be to guide people. Some gave up and just slept on the floor in the airport. Will make me avoid MIA in the future. Have flown into FLL and just a much better experience.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
What is EB?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by beachfan
What is EB?
It's a hotel located in the vicinity of MIA. https://www.ebhotels.com/miami
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!

OP, sorry for your troubles. I’m not so sure I’d expect AA at FLL to be better; curious to what others say.

I choose MIA over FLL usually because of more nonstops and more frequencies. Seems like service recovery in IRROPS should be better at a hub.

For example, no AC at FLL means being
in the reaccomodation line with everyone e else.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: CK or bust
That AA provided hotels without too much protest and a handful of miles is a win!
ceebee100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.