Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
2019 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Could anyone confirm the reason for cancellation of American Airlines flight 203 from AMS-PHL on June 23, 2019?

I was originally told "aircraft maintenance" and have this in writing from AA's Twitter just after the flight. There was a glitch with my insurance verification letters where I was then sent several letters (long story), the latest stating it was "mechanical reasons".

THANKS!
I hope you're claiming your EC261 600 Euro compensation too then - if it is clearly mechanical / maintenance then they really have almost no escape from paying up.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
I hope you're claiming your EC261 600 Euro compensation too then - if it is clearly mechanical / maintenance then they really have almost no escape from paying up.
Yes, I have submitted the claim, thanks! Appreciate you saying this. A few years ago I submitted a successful claim because someone such as yourself brought it up in one of the threads. I wouldn't have known otherwise.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:22 pm

AA2524 MIA-DFW A321, returns to gate due to engine issue. That problem is resolved, everyone boards again, aircraft pushes back, only to return to the gate again with a problem with the other engine.

The captain has indicated the flight crew is doing everything they can to apply some sort of fix, but are having to go through Fort Worth as they are unable to contact maintenance locally in MIA.

Flight ultimately left nearly 13 hours late after pushing the departure to 8am after the flight crew timed out at around 1am.

Last edited by AndyAA; Jul 16, 2019 at 11:26 am
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
7/15 AA86 ORD-LHR delayed 4.5h due to prior MX delays
7/15 AA150 ORD-CDG delayed 1.5h due to MX
7/15 AA78 DFW-LHR delayed 2h due to MX
7/15 AA20 DFW-LHR delayed 1.5h due to aircraft servicing
7/15 AA62 MIA-CDG delayed 2.5h due to MX
7/15 AA169 LAX-NRT delayed 1.5h due to MX

Short list tonight! And AA40 ORD-BCN is on time (though it was 3.5h late yesterday)!
dls25 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Seems like 77w are delayed more than other planes but perhaps it’s just what I noticed.

if true, are other airlines 77ws similarly troubled?
lax-Mia 1297 delayed 2:40 and counting.

ETA 3:50 delay total

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 16, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Seems like 77w are delayed more than other planes but perhaps it’s just what I noticed.

if true, are other airlines 77ws similarly troubled?
lax-Mia 1297 delayed 2:40 and counting.
Now to 3:10 and counting. And half the pax on that flight were probably booked on connections to SA that have now gone bust.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Flight 368

I was on 368 to SEA today. We pushed back a few minutes early (^) which was good since I was hoping to get up to altitude quick since the pilot didn't turn on the APU for the A/C and it was 110 in the cabin.

Anyway, we taxi out about 100 meters then stop. Cap' comes on the horn and says there is a light in the cabin and we need to find a gate to go back to and have a mechanic come on board and look at the problem.

1 hour later the captain comes on the horn again "folks, we have a fuel pump warning light that has come on and apparently this is the fourth time it's happened. This plane is going out of service"

15 minutes later gate agent at B7 " sorry this flight has been canceled there is no replacement aircraft. Please see an agent or me for re-booking for TOMORROW".

I called the exp line and the only seat left was tomorrow morning 10:17 departure that gets me in 1 hour later than my meeting. I ended up driving home since AA again dropped the ball.

SHAME on me assuming AA could get me to a meeting the day before.

I spent an hour calling my clients, hotels and car res to cancel.

You suck AA.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Sunday night i had to abandon my ISP-PHL-DCA ticket in PHL and drive to DC as the second segment had rapidly rolling delays.

Today I left DC on DCA-PHX-PDX and sat on the tarmac in PHX first for about 45 minutes while they tried to find a gate for our flight from DC. Then just barely made it to the connection to PDX on time only to have an APU failure. They unboarded us to escape the heat and we were about 90 minutes late getting out.

What a week and it’s only Tuesday!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
I had a great experience today with the EXP desk! Booked tomorrow(Friday) on the 5:16am EWR-DFW flight connecting to DFW-HKG all booked in Business and upgraded to F using SWU and then connecting HKG-BKK on CX. Storms tonight across the Northeast. To AA's credit they canceled my EWR-DFW flight around 4:20pm (Thursday) because the inbound wasn't going to make it in. The text I received from AA said "we are working to rebook you and will send an update soon." Wrong! The AA app tried to find other flights but said there was nothing available. The 6:58am EWR-DFW was zeroed out and with the storms tonight continuing into tomorrow I was not at all confident that even if I somehow was able to get seats on the 6:58a flight that I would be succesful with a 1 hour connection in DFW. The agent tried and tried and offered me a few not so good options such as JFK-LAX in Y tonight connecting to LAX-HKG in J (F was full). I offered her the AA coded CX flights from JFK and ORD and she said she could do either. I asked if that would be in J or F and she said that since I was confirmed in F she could book me into F. I happily accepted JFK-HKG in F and I will be able to make my original connection HKG-BKK. I use all of my SWU's for J-F upgrades and in this case I am pleased with the outcome and am looking forward to FFD at JFK followed by JFK-HKG on CX F. My only regret is not getting to experience FFD at DFW, but I will get over it!
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by dukeman; Jul 17, 2019 at 9:30 pm Reason: verbiage
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Man, I keep losing segments because AA either goes MX or because of weather 2 weeks ago I was flying BUF-ORD-MSP and the plane had a MX problem in ORD which would of caused a mis-connect I called the PLT line and they re-booked me to a DL flight BUF-MSP. Lost 2 segments. Yesterday because of the weather in ORD, AA CX'ed my 3:30 BUF-ORD flight at like 10:30 AM, so I had to request a refund for both segments BUF-ORD,ORD-MSP and buy a ticket on DL. Going to be hard to get to PLT PRO or EX PLT at this rate. I have also had to CX and get a refund on 2 other trips out of BUF becasue of MX delays. So far I have lost 8 segments this year 6 because of MX.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by dgparent
Man, I keep losing segments because AA either goes MX or because of weather 2 weeks ago I was flying BUF-ORD-MSP and the plane had a MX problem in ORD which would of caused a mis-connect I called the PLT line and they re-booked me to a DL flight BUF-MSP. Lost 2 segments. Yesterday because of the weather in ORD, AA CX'ed my 3:30 BUF-ORD flight at like 10:30 AM, so I had to request a refund for both segments BUF-ORD,ORD-MSP and buy a ticket on DL. Going to be hard to get to PLT PRO or EX PLT at this rate. I have also had to CX and get a refund on 2 other trips out of BUF becasue of MX delays. So far I have lost 8 segments this year 6 because of MX.
Call and ask for original routing credit. MSPBUF is one of my primary routes and I have never had ORC denied over the phone, even when rebooked on DL.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by dls25
Call and ask for original routing credit. MSPBUF is one of my primary routes and I have never had ORC denied over the phone, even when rebooked on DL.
Weird I emailed asking for that and they came back and said

Unfortunately, we are unable to credit your account with the requested
activity because this airline DELTA AIR LINES does not participate in
the AAdvantage program. Miles are earned only for purchased flights on
American Airlines and American Eagle and for eligible purchased
transactions with other AAdvantage participants.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott

Did you "request a refund for both segments BUF-ORD,ORD-MSP and buy a ticket on DL"? I don't believe there's ORC due in that case. It has to be AA who booked you at DL in order to receive ORC.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive

Someone -- or some text-reading program -- keyed on the evident elements in your e-mail and ignored the nuance (that you were flying on DL at AA's expense and behest after AA was unable to expeditiously move you along the route for which you had contracted in purchasing your ticket from AA). You could try a simpler e-mail -- be sure to get "credit for original routing" in it upfront -- or call.

But see andersonCooper post, above, which would explain things if you were not funneled by AA to DL. It would be insufficient to claim that you "had to fly" DL after getting an AA refund. AA has to have stayed in the mix.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Jul 19, 2019 at 10:22 am Reason: just saw post above mine
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Did you "request a refund for both segments BUF-ORD,ORD-MSP and buy a ticket on DL"? I don't believe there's ORC due in that case. It has to be AA who booked you at DL in order to receive ORC.
AA re-booked me on DL because AA had a MX that would of caused me to mis-connect, that was 3 weeks ago the one from this week I just asked for a refund and re-booked on DL, I know I will not get ORC for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.