Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
2019 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
6/7 AA744 CLT-BCN 2 hours late MX
6/7 AA86 ORD-LHR 1.5 hours late MX
6/7 AA46 ORD-LHR 3.5 hours late MX
6/7 AA68 MIA-MAD 4 hours late MX
6/7 AA585 MIA-UIO cancelled
6/7 AA937 MIA-VVI cancelled

Flightaware shows 37 mainline cancels today 6/8
Yesterday it shows 56 cancels 6/7
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Sitting on AA 700, SFO-PHL a332. Hour delay with half waiting on the log book, resulting in me missing my connection and a overnight being required.

I'm on the ground at PHL but the gate is full with another a332 that needs to be towed due to MX. the MX delay in SFO was a system restart being needed.

Last edited by Antarius; Jun 8, 2019 at 7:05 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In IRROPS, can AA re route someone internationally anymore? I ask as I was looking at EF and one of the fastest ways was to route via LHR (from the US to the east coast). Customer service agent was un-amused and rude about even inquiring.

I ask, as when stuff hit the fan a few years ago, I got a routing via MEX that was way quicker than any other option. I've also been rebooked on PHX-JFK-SFO as a result of cancellations and this being the fastest option. I also prefer to fly than be stuck - in my experience re-routing a bag seems to work out better than having it sit for 12 hours or be pulled. My bag is currently missing as a result of the latter.

And yes, I have all the passports and documentations needed.

Last edited by Antarius; Jun 8, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
In IRROPS, can AA re route someone internationally anymore?
Yes. I've been moved from LHR-MIA-SFO to LHR-LAX-SFO when the wingwalker at LHR didn't do his job.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ShortDog
Yes. I've been moved from LHR-MIA-SFO to LHR-LAX-SFO when the wingwalker at LHR didn't do his job.
Gotcha. I meant if you were going MIA-LAX (wholly domestic) and something happenned, can they still route you MIA-MEX-LAX etc.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
Gotcha. I meant if you were going MIA-LAX (wholly domestic) and something happenned, can they still route you MIA-MEX-LAX etc.
I don't think they were ever supposed to do that - mainly because you have not paid any of the international taxes and immigration user fees. I think you just got lucky once.
Antarius and enpremiere like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:19 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dls25
I don't think they were ever supposed to do that - mainly because you have not paid any of the international taxes and immigration user fees. I think you just got lucky once.
Indeed. Believe cabotage rules are designed to prevent airlines from providing routings of this nature. I'm led to believe that MIA-MEX-LAX would be in violation of cabotage, whereas LAX-MEX-LHR would not be. Airlines cannot sell you a wholly domestic ticket with a connection in a foreign country (like, LAX-YVR-JFK).
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:43 pm

AA1219 DFW-MIA currently 6.25hr late, now arriving. 3:04am. Ouch.

Last edited by AndyAA; Jun 9, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AndyAA
AA1219 DFW-MIA currently 6.15hr late, now arriving. 2:54am. Ouch.
Everything out of DFW is delayed tonight. On AA1966 DFW to PHX delayed 4.5 hours and counting
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by Mike Gilbert

Everything out of DFW is delayed tonight. On AA1966 DFW to PHX delayed 4.5 hours and counting
DFW was incredibly terrible today for a (IMO) relatively normal storm system passing through for a few hours. Hundreds of flights stuck on the tarmac, several reports of flights timing out / cancelling because of incoming crew were at DFW, but couldn't deplane for 3+ hours due to full gates and thus missed the onward journey. Multiple flights being assigned to the same gate / departure time causing general confusion. Not a good look for AA.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by Mike Gilbert

Flying into DFW isn't much better (at least on AA), LAX to DFW tonight:
AA1331 3:05pm Cancelled
AA147 4:10pm Cancelled
AA354 5:50 pm Cancelled
AA369 6:50 pm Delayed to 8:10 am (13:10 late)
AA2484 7:45 pm Cancelled
AA2454 11:55pm Cancelled

Meanwhile on the other side of the airport:
DL1678 5:15 pm arrived only 30 minutes late. Inbound plane came from DFW and its inbound had to circle a bunch of times during the storm but still made it out and operated.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I posted in another thread earlier but I’ve had quite the day haha:

LGA-DFW: Cancelled
LGA-RIC-DFW: This was only possible because the RIC-DFW was delayed. Arrive in RIC, next leg canceled. Get hotel room for the night.
RIC-DFW take two: Booked on the 6 A.M. flight Monday A.M... Up too late watching the Bruins game, get notification that it too has been canceled. No options until Monday night. Yikes. Rack my brain for alternatives. DM the AA Twitter team that I see seats on the first ORF-DFW flight and after an hour, they just got back to me that I’m confirmed. The aircraft for that flight is in air, so I should be able to make it (after I get 2.5 hours of sleep) to DFW by about 9:30 A.M.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SCChris
Flying into DFW isn't much better (at least on AA), LAX to DFW tonight:
AA1331 3:05pm Cancelled
AA147 4:10pm Cancelled
AA354 5:50 pm Cancelled
AA369 6:50 pm Delayed to 8:10 am (13:10 late)
AA2484 7:45 pm Cancelled
AA2454 11:55pm Cancelled
1331 (the 3:05pm) actually pushed 1.5 hours late but returned to the gate just before 6pm and posted a new ETD of 6:45pm. I was around the gate area as the plane returned and the pax got off, and there was lots of confusion even among the GAs as to what was going on.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:34 pm

6/8 AA258 PHL-LIS delayed several hours before cancelled for crew member no-show.

Non-status pax were only offered a $12 food voucher and eventually and grudgingly overnight accomodation and rebooked for the same flight on 6/9. And that flight eventually departed 3:20 late, making for a total of 27:30 delay departing from PHL.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
DFW was incredibly terrible today for a (IMO) relatively normal storm system passing through for a few hours. Hundreds of flights stuck on the tarmac, several reports of flights timing out / cancelling because of incoming crew were at DFW, but couldn't deplane for 3+ hours due to full gates and thus missed the onward journey. Multiple flights being assigned to the same gate / departure time causing general confusion. Not a good look for AA.
It was a pretty bad storm. Lots of downed trees, crane collapsed downtown, many still without power. I was on AA1747 SDF-DFW dep 16:40 but we had a ground stop for over an hour, then took off. After landing were told it'd be at least 1hr to get a gate, and it ended up being well over two hours. Apparently some of the jetways were damaged from the storm? The car rental place was a zoo; my original assigned car was long gone, so stood in a huge line to get another because Avis doesn't think they need anyone working the Preferred desk late at night. Very grrr. Most hotels are full due to stranded pax and locals who lost power.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.