Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 8, 20, 8:06 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JY1024
Wiki Link
2019 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 1, 19, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors, Marriott
5/31 AA740 PHL-MAD 4.5 hours late MX
5/31 AA716 CLT-MUC 2 hours late MX
5/31 AA951 JFK-GRU 4 hours late MX and changed from 777-300 to 777-200

Today
6/1 AA86 ORD-LHR currently 2.5 hours late for MX
6/1 AA718 PHL-FCO currently 1.5 hours late for MX
Old Jun 1, 19, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Tomorrow's 6 AM LGA-PHL cancelled tonight at 9:30 PM due to maintenance. Means I'm now arriving into MHT four hours late. My 4th cancellation with AA this year. Some airline
Old Jun 2, 19, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Our flight AA195 LHR-PHX today was cancelled around T-9. How does one tell if it is due to MX? We are rebooked on a 1-stop itinerary via PHL and arrive 7 hours later than originally scheduled (although it departs only 45mins after our original non-stop flight). Are we eligible for EU compensation?
Old Jun 2, 19, 2:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA239 FCO-DFW cancelled 6/2

Was originally scheduled to be on this flight until AA allowed a change til tomorrow since AA 42 ORD-VCE was cancelled on us on 5/23.
Old Jun 2, 19, 2:35 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
Originally Posted by BA Baracus View Post
Our flight AA195 LHR-PHX today was cancelled around T-9. How does one tell if it is due to MX? We are rebooked on a 1-stop itinerary via PHL and arrive 7 hours later than originally scheduled (although it departs only 45mins after our original non-stop flight). Are we eligible for EU compensation?
Sounds like you could/should get the full 600 euros. Not that I'm the world's expert on this. Nor can I vouch for the information provided here https://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-...on-bad-weather , but in your situation I would have a look at it. Whether the cause was MX or not is not that big an issue, since unless Heathrow was predicting tornados hours ahead of time, or a volcano had gone off in Wales, or -- to be more serious -- there was anticipated fog of an unusual volume by London standards, weather is not in and of itself exculpatory.

No, what moves me to respond is the thought that the UK is not in the EU for much longer. Who knows if AA plans to try to run out the clock on UK-based EU261 claims? Not me. What I am saying is that I would get a move on in making the claim.
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K
In addition to the cancellations/delays reported above...

6/1 AA997 DFW-EZE returned to gate and delayed 13h due to MX
6/1 AA937 MIA-VVI delayed 4h due to MX
6/1 AA42 ORD-VCE cancelled due to MX
6/1 AA263 DFW-PEK returned to DFW after airborne and delayed 21h due to MX
6/2 AA262 PEK-DFW delayed 40h due to above shenanigans
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by dkc192; Jun 2, 19 at 3:23 am
Old Jun 2, 19, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just woke up at 6:30 am to be told that the husbands 10 am LAX-JFK is cancelled and he is rebooked on the 8:00 am flight. Can't make that and everything else is full. He's appearing in federal court tomorrow. Ugh.
Old Jun 2, 19, 7:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage GLD 1.74MM
Expertflyer.com shows:LHR 930A
PHX 1235P
1LHR/FX CANCEL LHR -PHX -XEM-CXLD DUE TO PREVIOUS MAINTENANCE CXLD*2058
7LHR/AUTO REACCOM CXL FLT COMPLETED SEE N*P1AA0195LHR02JUN *2116*CRCYMG
Old Jun 2, 19, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
ORD and the 788 are at it again:

5/31 AA150 ORD-CDG delayed 1.5h due to MX
5/31 AA160 ORD-ATH delayed 3h due to MX
5/31 AA110 ORD-FCO delayed 2h due to MX
5/31 AA40 ORD-BCN delayed 1.5h and counting due to MX
5/31 AA208 ORD-DUB delayed 2h and counting due to MX
This looks suspicious.
iahphx, Antarius and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 2, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
Looks like the plane came in on time from RDU, but then instead of going to PHX it went back to RDU an hour after it should have gone to PHX. There is no evidence of maintenance delays on that plane, so I suspect they made the choice to cancel PHX because it was easier to re-accomodate everyone – and the maintenance was being done on the originally intended RDU plane..

So, yes I think you should be very eligible for EU compensation - of course, who knows how hard you'll have to push. If you don't have time to fight it then consider Bott and Co (linked in a post just above mine) – they will take around 200 Euros per person if you win, but they will do all the work and charge you nothing if you don't win. I have a case with them that was very borderline eligibility but they took it on and now it is in the courts. It will take around 6 more months before I will know if I got any compensation or not (from a flight in January) but at least I don't have to craft letters and arguments or do anything at all.
Old Jun 2, 19, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors, Marriott
Yesterday's issues
6/1 AA240 DFW-FCO 4 hour delay before cancelled MX
6/1 AA48 DFW-CDG 5 hour delay before cancelled MX then crew issues
6/1 AA997 DFW-EZE overnighted 14 hours late MX
but DFW had weather around that time so that may have compounded the problem, and crew issues
6/1 AA734 PHL-MAN 3 hours late MX

Today!
6/2 AA127 DFW-PVG 4.5 hour delay before cancelled, crew
6/2 AA263 DFW-PEK 2 hour delay before cancelled, crew
6/2 AA744 CLT-BCN cancelled MX
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO View Post
I wonder if the mechanics are purposefully targeting TATL flights because of the EU penalties. A good way for them to feel like they’re sticking it to AA, I guess.
But if that's true, the Union will be fined tens of millions of dollars. It seems easy to prove, and persisting with such conduct while the case is before a judge would be beyond stupid. Interesting that we haven't heard anything further about the airline's lawsuit against the union. The courts are usually VERY fast in issuing an injunction (as they should be). I wonder what's going on.
Old Jun 2, 19, 4:16 pm

Programs: AGR S, SPG PLT, MAR PLT, HGP Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I hope they get this MX stuff sorted before my trip to BUD in September...
Old Jun 2, 19, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Splat, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Explodist, IHG Splat
Originally Posted by david22 View Post
Anyone else get caught in the rash of ORD weather cancellations on Memorial Day (Monday May 27th)? Total meltdown today and AA just outright canceled a bunch of flights. Why don't they run flights with 4-6+ hour delays instead of telling everyone that they need to stay in Chicago for two days to take a 3 stop flight home in a middle seat on an Oasis torture tube?
Yeah, spent the night at my expense after my ORD-ATL delayed for three hours, then four, then canceled. Soonest I could get home was 6pm Tuesday via MIA which was comically backwards but no other option because "weather". There was more red up on the boards than white.
Old Jun 2, 19, 10:12 pm

Programs: Flying Colonels, Go-Getters, WorldPass, Amerikat Expositors, Ephemeralizers
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
The courts are usually VERY fast in issuing an injunction (as they should be). I wonder what's going on.
Obergruppenfuhrer Parker and Subcommandante Isom can certainly avoid having to experience their own product. I would love to see video of either of them sitting in an Oasis Torture Tube middle seat on a tarmac-parked MX delay. With customers of size in the window and aisle, screaming children directly fore and aft, and no water or food. 8 hours, no return to the gate.

Maybe, it's just possible, that the judge may have experienced the same thing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: