Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 8, 20, 8:06 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JY1024
Wiki Link
2019 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 25, 19, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
Looks like AA3653 JFK-PIT yesterday went all the way to PIT only to turn back and return to JFK.
Any idea what could be the reason?

Shuly

From FlightRadar24
Had fog in Ohio maybe PIT that would explain it rather then divert.
Old Dec 25, 19, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
Looks like AA3653 JFK-PIT yesterday went all the way to PIT only to turn back and return to JFK.
Any idea what could be the reason?

Shuly

From FlightRadar24
Bad fog at Pit yesterday. 17 flights were cancelled because of fog.
Old Dec 26, 19, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Too bad they won't get miles for the trip
Oh, never mind.. They will get the mileage from PIT to PIT
Great Circle Mapper says that is 0
Old Dec 26, 19, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1M, AA EXP
AA 283 - Los Angeles to Honolulu (via Phoenix) 12/26

I feel for the folks on AA 283 today trying to get to Hawaii for holiday break. Scheduled as LAX to HNL, the flight gets diverted to PHX. Based on Flightaware, looks like the initial flight out of LAX did start to head out over the Pacific, but then turned around. Why diversion to Phoenix which is an hour + flight in the opposite direction of HNL. 3 1/2 hours to land in PHX. 4.5+ hours in PHX before finally heading to Honolulu.

Very odd that the flight was diverted to Phoenix - makes no sense at all...
Old Dec 26, 19, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Flying out of PSP was a total <profanity removed by moderator> today.....2 PHX flights cxld due to *snow*in PHX....PSP airport should be ashamed of their operation....broken escalators...power outages....literally no hand towels in the bathroom etc.

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 27, 19 at 7:37 pm Reason: profanity removed by moderator
Old Dec 28, 19, 1:07 pm

AA136 (LAX-LHR) on 12/26 delayed almost 18 hours due to mechanical

Plane left the gate a few minutes early for the scheduled 7:35 pm departure, but returned to the gate prior to takeoff due to reported problems with the lavetory. 8 mechanics spent almost 3 hours trying to repair the issue before taking the plane out of service.

The problem was maginified by reports that they had the same issues on the previous inbound flight, but nothing was done to fix those problems during the 3 hours between flights.

Some passengers were reaccomodated on other flights. Others were kept on the flight, which finally departed at 1:07 pm the next day (in a different plane). Hotels and Meal Vouchers were provided... a process that took hours to complete for the full 777-200 plane.

On landing in London, the gate was occupied by another aircraft that had mechanical troubles, resulting in an additonal 30-40 minute delay. Total delay: 17 hours, 48 minutes.

Several hours after finally arriving in London, Customer Service proactively emailed (at least some) affected customers appologizing for the incident and providing additional compensation. I do not have status with the airline (although I have a bunch of miles in my account thanks to the credit cards), and was given 15,000 miles. (I realize offers may vary).
Old Dec 29, 19, 5:26 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
AA 563

AA 563 PHL-CLT rolling delay due to missing crew. We've been onboard 90 minutes now. They've pulled passengers going international off. I'm going to miss my connection and used the app to rebook. So now I'll get to my destination at 730pm vs 1130am. Other people are upset about missing connections and are trying to get off the plane. Just use the app?

I was delayed on my flight before Christmas, too. Oh, American.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: