Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeem AAdvantage Awards Using China Southern Airlines / CZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Redeeming AAdvantage MileSAAver Awards on China Southern Airlines

See the details on this page on aa.com.

AAdvantage miles awards on China Southern do not show on aa.com. Awards must be secured by calling American. No telephone charges are made for awards that can not be secured online.

Member stephem has shared CZ award fare buckets include: F First; O Busines, S Premium Economy (for when AA makes PE available on other than AA) and X Economy. These can be searched for using ExpertFlyer.

See the aa.com award chart here. (Awards redeemed for CZ must be MileSAAver awards.)
See details of MileSAAver awards here: HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
See detailed rules for airline partner awards here: AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)
Print Wikipost

Redeem AAdvantage Awards Using China Southern Airlines / CZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ivan Denisovich
Just searched random 7 day periods on Expert Flyer every month between now and EOS (LAX-CAN route) and couldn't find any CZ business (O) award space. Seems to be plenty of X and some F, but not a single J to be found.

I don't understand why, though that doesn't mean there isn't a reason.
This mirrors my experience. Plenty of F going out of USA, but not a single C on two cabin connecting flights. F is great but then to follow that with Y for a medium haul not so
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:02 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting it ticketed? Tried to book twice and twice was in "On Request" status for two days then it got cancelled. It's for X economy SFO-CAN-BKK.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by qqbb
Anyone else having trouble getting it ticketed? Tried to book twice and twice was in "On Request" status for two days then it got cancelled. It's for X economy SFO-CAN-BKK.
Yeah, I've been having issues as well. Tried to book CAN-HND then NRT-ORD-PHL on combined CZ/JL/AA award. It's been a total mess. Goes "On Request" and then I lose the CAN-HND leg two days later. The AA rep tells me this is because CZ is cancelling the segment before AA has a chance to ticket it (because AAdvantage ticketing is so slow apparently). Not sure what to do about this. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Has anyone else had success in booking any awards with CZ? Is there dynamic pricing or is it 70k for NA to Asia 1? (i.e. YYZ-CAN)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:46 pm

I have been trying to book LAX-CAN.. but AA cannot see any seats that I found on Expertflyer or Delta.com. Tried booking business class on delta website and it would not ticket!! Very frustrating!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:22 pm

Using AA miles to book CZ - on hold

Took two calls, but was able to get AA rep to put CZ flights on hold using AA miles. Economy redemption with a connection, 17,500 per ticket.
She had to put me on hold to contact her help desk, but then was able to get it working. I asked her what she did, but she couldn't articulate it to me. Will update if I'm able to ticket.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I called AA this morning because expertflyer showed award availability on the flight/date I wanted. The agent told me that as of yesterday (11/20) American has suspended its relationship with CZ. Has anyone else heard of this? Not sure if it is just for redemption or also for mileage earnings
cennis likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I called AA this morning because expertflyer showed award availability on the flight/date I wanted. The agent told me that as of yesterday (11/20) American has suspended its relationship with CZ. Has anyone else heard of this? Not sure if it is just for redemption or also for mileage earnings
UGH - hope that is not the case
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
UGH - hope that is not the case
DL just announced they'll be continuing to partner with CZ after Jan 1. I'm curious, if true, if this played into that decision.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:49 pm
Suspended

My initial check on this shows nothing to support it.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Oh that was the reason?

AA has zeroed out all AA*CZ inventories in China when I searched yesterday. Then there does seem to be shake up of some sorts
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:31 pm

Tech issue on the CZ end. Expect to be resolved soon.
JDiver, JonNYC and uclabruin82 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shd9
Oh that was the reason?

AA has zeroed out all AA*CZ inventories in China when I searched yesterday. Then there does seem to be shake up of some sorts
There isn’t.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:17 pm

Just called and could not redeem CZ F out of LAX for next week, even Expertflyer is showing availability.

The agent said zero out for the next upcoming days.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by lrhl28
Just called and could not redeem CZ F out of LAX for next week, even Expertflyer is showing availability.

The agent said zero out for the next upcoming days.
Originally Posted by jrhone
Tech issue on the CZ end. Expect to be resolved soon.
JonNYC has indicated there’s no change in the AA - CZ relationship, and jrhone has stated the reason. Let’s hope this glitch is resolved soon.

If you want to try, call the AA “Australia “ or “New Zealand” numbest to see if Mindpearl in Suva, Fiji (who staff those two numbers and have access to Amadeus, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.